Drink to your health

Remove this Banner Ad

I tossed in the booze back in 2000 but 2020’s giving me every reason to take it back up. Might go straight to skolling Metho!
Hmm, drinking metho may have the same effect as watching the last quarter on repeat:
'Denatured alcohol, also called methylated spirits is ethanol that has additives to make it poisonous, bad-tasting, foul-smelling, or nauseating to discourage recreational consumption'.

Feb 1, 2008
Thailand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
1597022851385.png

I tossed in the booze back in 2000 but 2020’s giving me every reason to take it back up. Might go straight to skolling Metho!

Ye Olde Territory Cocktail
Just add orange juice

Carlton Draught, followed by a couple of reds, with a couple of JD’s to wind things up.

I stopped at 4 stubbies tonight. It was that or 40.

What Reds are you into?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 25, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
[/QUOTE]
For an irish red ale to get that balance of sweetness and bitterness crystal malt is essentual. Took me about 18 months to figure this out when i got back from ireland a couple of years ago and developed a pechant for the smithwicks. It also helps if you have a beer engine to pump it through, like john smith of tadcaster a tight nitro head really enhances the style.

Ah. An educated man.

Bonehead Brewery, a couple of Malcolm Blight torps from Arden Street, have some seriously good beer.

They have a smashing American style Red Ale, Revered Red, and a very tasty Dark Lager, Sweet Pea.

I suspect the lads may be a touch partial to our grand old Club. The name of one of their other dark offerings?

Yep, Shinboner Stout!

Sep 28, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
For an irish red ale to get that balance of sweetness and bitterness crystal malt is essentual. Took me about 18 months to figure this out when i got back from ireland a couple of years ago and developed a pechant for the smithwicks. It also helps if you have a beer engine to pump it through, like john smith of tadcaster a tight nitro head really enhances the style.
Have tried this a few times.
Love the crystal malt
Can't seem to get the red hue right.
Tasted pretty good though.
Recently bottled a couple of pale ales and an IPA (always add a bit of crystal in this too)🍻

Have tried this a few times.
Love the crystal malt
Can't seem to get the red hue right.
Tasted pretty good though.
Recently bottled a couple of pale ales and an IPA (always add a bit of crystal in this too)🍻
Red ales are one of my favourites to brew. Getting the balance of hops, sweetness and colour right is a bit tricky. The last one I did used small amounts of choc malt and roast barley as I'm out of crystal and I was bored. Worked well but was a tad dark. Pretty tasty though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back