Food, Drink & Dining Out Drinking Beer: Cans or Stubbies

How do you prefer your beer?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

What the hell sort of question is this?

Do you prefer glass or licking rancid metal taint beer...
well you can't shotgun a stubbie so.......

I knew a guy who could pop the bottom of a beer bottle. Shotgun would be rough with a ring of glass to the face but I guess its possible.
better off using one of these instead

images

Cans are dumb. They feel cheaper, they're generally drank by flogs who reckon VB or Emu Export is hilarious, and they kind of feel like... a little anticlimactic? I don't know what it is but I don't like the vibe. There are actually people on earth who will pay the exact same amount for the same quantity and get cans. So lame.

Plus popping the top of a can has nothing on opening a stubbie. Nothing.

The only exception is in Europe where it's generally cheaper to get a can or else you're in the UK and everyone drinks big 500mls of weird s**t like Holstens or that absolute varnish s**t called Red Stripe. Over there I don't mind tucking into a Kroney or a Carling in car form but that's more the setting. In the US it was about the same price for six stubbies of Bud as it was for 12 PBR and PBRs are probably a nicer beer, so that makes sense too. Plus easier to carry back to wherever you're staying.

Yeah don't get me started.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cans are dumb. They feel cheaper, they're generally drank by flogs who reckon VB or Emu Export is hilarious, and they kind of feel like... a little anticlimactic? I don't know what it is but I don't like the vibe. There are actually people on earth who will pay the exact same amount for the same quantity and get cans. So lame.

Plus popping the top of a can has nothing on opening a stubbie. Nothing.

The only exception is in Europe where it's generally cheaper to get a can or else you're in the UK and everyone drinks big 500mls of weird s**t like Holstens or that absolute varnish s**t called Red Stripe. Over there I don't mind tucking into a Kroney or a Carling in car form but that's more the setting. In the US it was about the same price for six stubbies of Bud as it was for 12 PBR and PBRs are probably a nicer beer, so that makes sense too. Plus easier to carry back to wherever you're staying.

Yeah don't get me started.
Thanks Crowie

Cans were more prevalent 'back in my day' for the slab purchase and the bottle for the long neck. Cant say I never consciously thought nah I'll have an echo rather than a can or vice versa.

Cans were the drink of choice for Sheffield Shield winners

Beer goes off when exposed to direct sunlight so cans is technically the better option. I agree with a few of the posters here who say poor it into a beer glass irrespective if it comes from a can or a bottle - it gets rid of alot of the gas..

Everyone one has different tastes. For me I keep a few long necks (Carlton Draught) in the fridge with some pot glasses in the freezer if I want to sit in, as well as some cans (VB) ready to go if I'm heading out. Each to his or her own.

Back