Drones, anyone got one?

Remove this Banner Ad

One of my favorite drones;

gbVahzm.png

A bit of advice - keep the drone itself under budget because they're expensive to fix, and you'll be crashing it a lot. Also buy extra rotors because they're the first things to get damaged. And don't be surprised if it gets caught in the wind and you never see it again.

A bit of advice - keep the drone itself under budget because they're expensive to fix, and you'll be crashing it a lot. Also buy extra rotors because they're the first things to get damaged. And don't be surprised if it gets caught in the wind and you never see it again.
sounds s**t as. whats the point?

No expert (don't have one) but spent time over Christmas staying with a mate who has a couple of these : http://www.modelflight.com.au/dji-phantom-3-4k-drone-rtf.html

For $1300 I was pretty impressed with what it could do. Didn't take me long to work out how to use it well enough to film some s**t I was pretty impressed with (my standards aren't that high)

The ability to rotate the camera is limited due to the legs getting in the way but the software helps overcome that limitation.

No expert (don't have one) but spent time over Christmas staying with a mate who has a couple of these : http://www.modelflight.com.au/dji-phantom-3-4k-drone-rtf.html

For $1300 I was pretty impressed with what it could do. Didn't take me long to work out how to use it well enough to film some s**t I was pretty impressed with (my standards aren't that high)

The ability to rotate the camera is limited due to the legs getting in the way but the software helps overcome that limitation.

That's the exact one I've been looking in to. Goes for €499 at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got a friend who has one and paid about $500 or so. He just hooked up his go-pro to it. They are pretty good quality now. He uses it while out with his quad or snow boarding and gets great shots. Worth doing around where you live I think.
Yeah there's some great coast and mountains around here. Would be great to get some unique views.

That's the exact one I've been looking in to. Goes for €499 at the moment.
Yeah I'll probably get one soon.

Easy as piss to use, especially with an ipad attached. Didn't take me long to get game taking it over water and cliffs. Not sure I'd try it in a stiff breeze but the controls are easy to get the hang of.

Probably helps if you can find someone who knows what they're doing to show you.

My older brother came home a couple of months ago for a holiday (he lives in New York).

He brought along his insane drone. I couldn't remember its exact name, but I just messaged him and he told me it's a "DJI Inspire 1 Pro with a Pro Zenmuse X5 camera and Leica lens". Whatever that means. I've heard of Leica, and they're a top shelf camera company, so the lens must be up there. It cost him about US$5,000. Anyway, while he was here, he made a video with footage he captured and the image quality is awesome (4K at 120 frames per second he reckons). Regarding longevity, he swears by the quality. Continuous flying time nears the 45 minute mark with the extended battery.

I know it's above the $700-1000 mark, but I thought I'd share the limited exposure (camera reference, lel) I've had to drones with you.

Yeah I'll probably get one soon.

Easy as piss to use, especially with an ipad attached. Didn't take me long to get game taking it over water and cliffs. Not sure I'd try it in a stiff breeze but the controls are easy to get the hang of.

Probably helps if you can find someone who knows what they're doing to show you.

If I can make a suggestion, buy it from a store and not online. You will need to get it fixed and DJI support is up there with the worst I have ever dealt with, they will blame "user error" for everything.

If I can make a suggestion, buy it from a store and not online. You will need to get it fixed and DJI support is up there with the worst I have ever dealt with, they will blame "user error" for everything.
Been reading the same thing. All reports are that it flys great but if you have an issue their support is the pits.

Have realised it's the base model that's 500 euros, the one I would want is 1,000, and that's probably more than I really want to spend. Even 2nd hand they're only about 10% cheaper but no warranty ect.

Having 2nd thoughts now re the price and 23 minute fly time. Also have no idea about the laws here regarding where or where you can't fly them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back