Drug Code Breach by Blues, Tigers, Demons and Bulldogs

FreeTK

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
You poor thing. You could do so much better.

LOL.

I could have been a Tiger and been a fan of a club that was a basket case for 35 years and has fans that spit on its own coach.

Take pot shots all you like. Reality is Eagles are one of the biggest and most successful AFL clubs.

Ron The Bear

Up yer arse, AFL
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Richmond in crisis

Actually there was a time when those running the club would've crawled over broken glass for $2500. No supporter is going to hold the club to account after a premiership, but if it's a systematic issue then steps should be taken to resolve it, even if the fine lands with the player responsible in future.

$2500 is what, about a dozen regular home game memberships? Shouldn't be shrugged off.

LOL.

I could have been a Tiger and been a fan of a club that was a basket case for 35 years and has fans that spit on its own coach.

Take pot shots all you like. Reality is Eagles are one of the biggest and most successful AFL clubs.

Wouldn’t it be great if we could all love our clubs without having to bag others?

I have always had a soft spot for WCE ... going back to the days when Suma would hook goals on his left foot for fun

You should be thankful we didn't merge you with Fitzroy

Er we wanted to merge with Fitzroy.

Anyway, your little era of "success" is over now.

Pretty insipid. Drug questions hang over each premiership.

And you beat two poor interstate expansion teams.

Weakest premierships of the modern era by some distance.

West Coast flag far more impressive.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
A $10,000 imo, is a very light penalty for this. As someone has posted earlier, the onus should be on the player and not the club. It't really not a trivial matter for an elite athlete.

Not being where you say you are going to be or not being able to be found so that you can be drug tested out of competition isn't much different to refusing to be breath tested by the cops. You are well within your rights to refuse but you will be treated as though you have tested positive.

For athletes that compete on the global stage, it's a big thing.
What are the rules? Like how up to date does it need to be? Is it monthly, weekly, daily, hourly reporting? I don't actually know the requirements but I'm curious as to how full on and detailed it has to be.

Also, how specific? If Dusty Martin says I will be in Vegas on 5 November, is that enough? How would they access/find him? What is the detail involved here? Do players need to be call accessible 24/7 to be tested?

Sep 17, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Er we wanted to merge with Fitzroy.

Anyway, your little era of "success" is over now.

Pretty insipid. Drug questions hang over each premiership.

And you beat two poor interstate expansion teams.

Weakest premierships of the modern era by some distance.

West Coast flag far more impressive.

no, you've obviously been drinking again.

no, you've obviously been drinking again.

Sober as a judge my friend.

I'm not making anything up:

2017 - beat an Adelaide team that the evidence shows us had fallen apart already.
2019 - beat a GWS side that was running on fumes.

ASADA issues both years.

FreeTK

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
What are the rules? Like how up to date does it need to be? Is it monthly, weekly, daily, hourly reporting? I don't actually know the requirements but I'm curious as to how full on and detailed it has to be.

Also, how specific? If Dusty Martin says I will be in Vegas on 5 November, is that enough? How would they access/find him? What is the detail involved here? Do players need to be call accessible 24/7 to be tested?

The club needs to inform ASADA every three months. From the ASADA whereabouts policy:

"for each day in the following quarter, the time(s) each day of any Team Activity, whether that is a collective activity (e.g. training) or an individual activity under the supervision of the team (e.g. medical treatment), along with the venue and any other details required in order for the Athlete to be located during the time(s) in question; and

d. for each day in the following quarter, one specific one hour time slot between 5 a.m. and 11 p.m. where the Athlete will be available and accessible for Testing at a specific location. For the avoidance of doubt, this one hour time slot may be during any Team activity conducted on the day in question.

a. if the team does not make a required Whereabouts Filing, or makes the Whereabouts Filing but does not include all of the required information, then (subject to the requirements of Clause 4.1) the Athlete will be liable for a Filing Failure under Code Article 2.4; and

2.4 Whereabouts Failures Any combination of three missed tests and/or filing failures, as defined in the International Standard for Testing and Investigations, within a twelve-month period by an Athlete in a Registered Testing Pool.

https://www.asada.gov.au/anti-doping-programmes/whereabouts/whereabouts-policy

Sep 17, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Sober as a judge my friend.

I'm not making anything up:

2017 - beat an Adelaide team that the evidence shows us had fallen apart already.
2019 - beat a GWS side that was running on fumes.

ASADA issues both years.

It's not our fault you guys weren't up to it this year.

If it wasn't for us, Gillon would have won. You should be thankful.

It's not our fault you guys weren't up to it this year.

You're the Lleyton Hewitt of footy. A player of middling talent but great endeavour who was number 1 for a while in a shallow period between truly great eras.

Hawthorn was the last great team, and the next is to emerge. In the meantime, a side of mediocrities relying on a few stars can prosper with a dodgy draw and what seems like ASADA issues.

The Essendon doping saga showed us the AFL will turn a blind eye to a big team doping if it gets bums on seats.

The Richmond "success" has brought all the bandwagoners out of the woodwork and the AFL is loving selling out the MCG every week.

Its like getting all excited coz YOUR wrestler won a WWE title.

Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond

You're the Lleyton Hewitt of footy. A player of middling talent but great endeavour who was number 1 for a while in a shallow period between truly great eras.

Hawthorn was the last great team, and the next is to emerge. In the meantime, a side of mediocrities relying on a few stars can prosper with a dodgy draw and what seems like ASADA issues.

The Essendon doping saga showed us the AFL will turn a blind eye to a big team doping if it gets bums on seats.

The Richmond "success" has brought all the bandwagoners out of the woodwork and the AFL is loving selling out the MCG every week.

Its like getting all excited coz YOUR wrestler won a WWE title.

You need to work a bit harder on your excuses.

Or just convert to Richmond. We just want whats best for you.

In the meantime, 2 flags in 3 years. Life is great!!

Isn't it funny how after a long career of being mediocre both Richmond and Jobe Watson suddenly got good.

In the same years they had ASADA issues.

Isn't that just weird hey.

Back