Drug Code Breach by Blues, Tigers, Demons and Bulldogs

Ron The Bear

Up yer arse, AFL
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
You're the Lleyton Hewitt of footy. A player of middling talent but great endeavour who was number 1 for a while in a shallow period between truly great eras.

Hawthorn was the last great team, and the next is to emerge. In the meantime, a side of mediocrities relying on a few stars can prosper with a dodgy draw and what seems like ASADA issues.

The Essendon doping saga showed us the AFL will turn a blind eye to a big team doping if it gets bums on seats.

The Richmond "success" has brought all the bandwagoners out of the woodwork and the AFL is loving selling out the MCG every week.

Its like getting all excited coz YOUR wrestler won a WWE title.

Whatever helps you come to terms with your new football overlords.

FreeTK

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast

This is such a stupid comment.

Richmond fans are clinging on to 3 seasons of good results in the entire AFL era.

Come back when you have a track record of sustained success ala West Coast, Geelong, Hawthorn and Collingwood.

Until then, you guys are the new kids on the block.

FreeTK

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
We're big kids. Now shut up and give us your lunch money.

You mean a bunch of big babies.

Bullies are always the first to back down as soon as they face a challenge.

That's why Richmond flogs are punching down throwing their weight around against fans of North/Carlton/Essendon.

Looking forward to seeing your mob in Perth in round 5.

Chumly

Senior List
May 23, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Did you call me stupid?

I want to deal with you ... all you do is sook about Richmond across a number of threads

You are an absolute muppet & make Eagles supporters look like whingers

Did you add a comma into someone else's post to change the meaning of it?

Ron The Bear

Up yer arse, AFL
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
You mean a bunch of big babies.

Bullies are always the first to back down as soon as they face a challenge.

That's why Richmond flogs are punching down throwing their weight around against fans of North/Carlton/Essendon.

Looking forward to seeing your mob in Perth in round 5.

giphy.gif

THE THIN MAN

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆🏆
Jan 7, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Isn't it funny how after a long career of being mediocre both Richmond and Jobe Watson suddenly got good.

In the same years they had ASADA issues.

Isn't that just weird hey.
In late May after removing Scott, North Melbourne ordered a football department review, conducted by then-Roos board member Brian Walsh, ex-director Glenn Archer and former KPMG chairman Peter Nash.

Even as that review was unfolding, Archer, who had recently stepped off the North board, and Buckley instigated approaches and offers to ex-North players and recent premiership coaches in Adam Simpson, Alastair Clarkson and John Longmire.

The questions had to be asked. All said no, despite telephone number financial incentives. Just as big-name players like Dustin Martin, Josh Kelly, Jordan De Goey and others had done. Tom Lynch wouldn't even take a phone call.

THE THIN MAN

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆🏆
Jan 7, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
what about when supporters are spitting on the coach?

Will that be considered a crisis?
On the eve of the 2015 grand final, Chick revealed shocking details about the club's drug problems during his time there, saying cocaine, ecstasy and methamphetamine use was rife.

The following year, he launched a blistering verbal attack on West Coast's hierarchy, labelling them psychopaths and claiming he even suffered a stroke near the end of his AFL career.

Chad Fletcher, Adam Hunter and Daniel Kerr are other players from the 2006 premiership team whose party lifestyle eventually caught up with them.

Former captain Ben Cousins' addiction has grabbed the most headlines and he has served time in prison.

Provisionally suspended forward Willie Rioli tested positive for a metabolite of cannabis on a match day in September, just weeks after his alleged urine tampering a month earlier.

Captain_Bender

Premiership Player
May 21, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond

You're the Lleyton Hewitt of footy. A player of middling talent but great endeavour who was number 1 for a while in a shallow period between truly great eras.

Hawthorn was the last great team, and the next is to emerge. In the meantime, a side of mediocrities relying on a few stars can prosper with a dodgy draw and what seems like ASADA issues.

The Essendon doping saga showed us the AFL will turn a blind eye to a big team doping if it gets bums on seats.

The Richmond "success" has brought all the bandwagoners out of the woodwork and the AFL is loving selling out the MCG every week.

Its like getting all excited coz YOUR wrestler won a WWE title.

Still celebrating a H&A win like a premiership?

FreeTK

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
On the eve of the 2015 grand final, Chick revealed shocking details about the club's drug problems during his time there, saying cocaine, ecstasy and methamphetamine use was rife.

The following year, he launched a blistering verbal attack on West Coast's hierarchy, labelling them psychopaths and claiming he even suffered a stroke near the end of his AFL career.

Chad Fletcher, Adam Hunter and Daniel Kerr are other players from the 2006 premiership team whose party lifestyle eventually caught up with them.

Former captain Ben Cousins' addiction has grabbed the most headlines and he has served time in prison.

Provisionally suspended forward Willie Rioli tested positive for a metabolite of cannabis on a match day in September, just weeks after his alleged urine tampering a month earlier.

Oh wow, West Coast players did drugs in the mid 2000's. I am shocked by this brand new information.

From the article;

"In a statement to Facebook, Chick said his mental health issues and subsequent drug use were in part due to the death of his mother and financial issues."

Are the any articles about Eagles fans spitting on our coach or delivering chicken s**t to club HQ?

THE THIN MAN

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆🏆
Jan 7, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Richmond football manager Neil Balme not happy after ASADA fine
The West Australian
Friday, 8 November 2019 2:30PM

Richmond was among four AFL clubs hit with financial sanctions yesterday for failing to report the whereabouts of players for anti-doping information.

And it’s fair to say Tigers football manager Neil Balme wasn’t too pleased about the $2500 fine.

Balme took to radio this morning to describe the system as “a bit disingenuous” if players weren’t actually being tested after the clubs were fined for not being able to be found.

“There’s a setup for the drug stuff where ASADA says we need to know where everyone is in the off-season just in case they’re doing something wrong, which I kind of understand,” Balme said on SEN.

“I don’t think there’s any suggestion that any of these players who weren’t where they thought they were going to be were actually taking drugs.

“If they fine them for not being somewhere, I think they need to go through the process of actually testing them for drugs because I think it’s a bit disingenuous I reckon.

“The fact that it is the club’s responsibility is a pretty cheap way out as well.”

Balme said the Tigers’ fine had come about because one player had not been where he said he was going to be.

“The Players Association and the AFL negotiate time off for the players, which they get and it’s significant and they need it,” he said.

“But then they say it is our responsibility for the player to tell someone where they are during that time and if a player doesn’t tell someone where they are, then it’s our problem.

“I’m not quite sure how we’re supposed to fix that.”

Who we beat up last time we played.

This season we will humiliate you on the MCG and you will begin decades of irrelevance again.

In late May after removing Scott, North Melbourne ordered a football department review, conducted by then-Roos board member Brian Walsh, ex-director Glenn Archer and former KPMG chairman Peter Nash.

This is about Richmond's drug cheating, not North.

Did you add a comma into someone else's post to change the meaning of it?

Another conspiracy theory from an Eagles supporter ... why are you guys so bitter towards us?

Last edited:

Ok Boomer

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jul 27, 2015
South West
AFL Club
West Coast
Richmond football manager Neil Balme not happy after ASADA fine

“If they fine them for not being somewhere, I think they need to go through the process of actually testing them for drugs because I think it’s a bit disingenuous I reckon.

Well, they can't be tested if the anti doping agency has no idea where they are. A tactic that has been extensively used in professional cycling among other sports.

While this drug cheating cuts at the heart of the sport, i have faith that the great game will rise above the mess

Are you taking the p***?

You do realise that nobody has tested positive to anything

Back