Drug Code Breach by Blues, Tigers, Demons and Bulldogs

BF Tiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2007
9th
AFL Club
Richmond
On the eve of the 2015 grand final, Chick revealed shocking details about the club's drug problems during his time there, saying cocaine, ecstasy and methamphetamine use was rife.

The following year, he launched a blistering verbal attack on West Coast's hierarchy, labelling them psychopaths and claiming he even suffered a stroke near the end of his AFL career.

Chad Fletcher, Adam Hunter and Daniel Kerr are other players from the 2006 premiership team whose party lifestyle eventually caught up with them.

Former captain Ben Cousins' addiction has grabbed the most headlines and he has served time in prison.

Provisionally suspended forward Willie Rioli tested positive for a metabolite of cannabis on a match day in September, just weeks after his alleged urine tampering a month earlier.

Don’t forget Chris Mainwaring.

BF Tiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2007
9th
AFL Club
Richmond
Er we wanted to merge with Fitzroy.

Anyway, your little era of "success" is over now.

Pretty insipid. Drug questions hang over each premiership.

And you beat two poor interstate expansion teams.

Weakest premierships of the modern era by some distance.

West Coast flag far more impressive.
You’ve been saying we’re done since we won in 2017. Sooner or later you’ll be right, much like a stopped clock.

No drug questions exist. Only questions on players whereabouts. Different issue entirely.

Noted you used the plural “premierships” when describing Richmond’s achievements but the singular “flag” for describing what the Eagles have done. Good work.

You're the Lleyton Hewitt of footy. A player of middling talent but great endeavour who was number 1 for a while in a shallow period between truly great eras.

Hawthorn was the last great team, and the next is to emerge. In the meantime, a side of mediocrities relying on a few stars can prosper with a dodgy draw and what seems like ASADA issues.

The Essendon doping saga showed us the AFL will turn a blind eye to a big team doping if it gets bums on seats.

The Richmond "success" has brought all the bandwagoners out of the woodwork and the AFL is loving selling out the MCG every week.

Its like getting all excited coz YOUR wrestler won a WWE title.

Hmmm. Here you’ve acknowledged we’re number one but in the other post you say the West Coast flag was more impressive. Did the competition miraculously have a strong year sandwiched between two weak years?

And in both posts you question our “drug issues”, but you fail to recognise that an at the time reigning WCE premiership player tampered with a urine sample in one instance and failed a drug test in a follow up. Given the Eagles historical drug culture surely you’re asking more questions of their 2018 flag than either of Richmond’s two in three years.

Who we beat up last time we played.

This season we will humiliate you on the MCG and you will begin decades of irrelevance again.

Decades of irrelevance is something you, as a NORth Fan would be very familiar with. You’re into the third decade of your current premiership drought, but it has nothing on your longest.

Rich01

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
The level of denial shown by Richmond supporters is up there with the Bombers circa 2013.

#standbydimma
I reckon it was Dusty. Better give him another strike.

Didn’t you dodge a bullet not getting him. I could’ve sworn when he signed a North ITKs kids jumper back at Sunbury shopping centre in 2017 that he was going to your club. Wasn’t that a bigfooty tidbit that just kept on giving.

If this was Essendon people would be all over it. I actually feel sorry for the Bombers. Players from the Tigers are deliberately avoiding testing by not giving their whereabouts. Interesting that it happened in Premiership years. Plenty of food for thought.

Last edited:

Ron The Bear

Up yer arse, AFL
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I reckon it was Dusty. Better give him another strike.

Didn’t you dodge a bullet not getting him. I could’ve sworn when he signed a North ITKs kids jumper back at Sunbury shopping centre in 2017 that he was going to your club. Wasn’t that a bigfooty tidbit that just kept on giving.

Shhhhhh! He coulda been the messiah, but left them to starve in the wilderness like Burke & Wills. Hence the angst.

Shhhhhh! He coulda been the messiah, but left them to starve in the wilderness like Burke & Wills. Hence the angst.

Didn't seem to be starving when we feasted on you last time we played.

Rich01

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Didn't seem to be starving when we feasted on you last time we played.
Ahh the glorious memories of 2019. You will always have that win. I sit back this morning ruminating on that loss and what could have been.

The game was also the impetus to sign deadcatbounce to the senior gig as well. I like him a lot more than Scott, but not sure he’s half the coach Brad was.

THE THIN MAN

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆🏆
Jan 7, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
If this was Essendon people would be all over it. I actually feel sorry for the Bombers. Players from the Tigers are deliberately avoiding testing by not giving their whereabouts. Interesting that it happened in Premiership years. Plenty of food for thought.
Essendon great Matthew Lloyd fears the AFL is suffering from a gambling crisis that is ruining the lives of the game’s biggest stars.

Reports surfaced this week that a bikie gang had allegedly made its presence felt at an AFL club’s training session, to pressure a player about a gambling debt.

That prompted Lloyd to speak out on Monday’s episode of Footy Classified about the problem, which he believes is growing within the game.

“The rumour and innuendo around a lot of our stars currently is really concerning for me, Lloyd said.

“It is really concerning me that players are going to walk away from football with their life in ruins and tatters with the gambling that is going on.”

THE THIN MAN

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆🏆
Jan 7, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Josh Thomas (23 years old, drafted to Collingwood in 2009 ) and Lachlan Keeffe (25 years old, drafted to Collingwood in 2009)

Collingwood's Sam Murray free to play in AFL next year after 18-month ban for doping

Ahh the glorious memories of 2019. You will always have that win.

No, I see it as merely a building block to beating you at the MCG this year.

That will establish that we can beat the reigning premiers on their home deck.

Which will help us build a a side that can g deep in the finals.

Unlike Richmond who have built a side on avoiding drug tests, at North we have integrity.

Sure, it might have cost us a few shekels, but you can't put a price on integrity.

THE THIN MAN

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆🏆
Jan 7, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond

amc11

Team Captain
Mar 26, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
The club needs to inform ASADA every three months. From the ASADA whereabouts policy:

"for each day in the following quarter, the time(s) each day of any Team Activity, whether that is a collective activity (e.g. training) or an individual activity under the supervision of the team (e.g. medical treatment), along with the venue and any other details required in order for the Athlete to be located during the time(s) in question; and

d. for each day in the following quarter, one specific one hour time slot between 5 a.m. and 11 p.m. where the Athlete will be available and accessible for Testing at a specific location. For the avoidance of doubt, this one hour time slot may be during any Team activity conducted on the day in question.

a. if the team does not make a required Whereabouts Filing, or makes the Whereabouts Filing but does not include all of the required information, then (subject to the requirements of Clause 4.1) the Athlete will be liable for a Filing Failure under Code Article 2.4; and

2.4 Whereabouts Failures Any combination of three missed tests and/or filing failures, as defined in the International Standard for Testing and Investigations, within a twelve-month period by an Athlete in a Registered Testing Pool.

https://www.asada.gov.au/anti-doping-programmes/whereabouts/whereabouts-policy

So is the testing involved during the off season purely for performance enhancing and any recreational use is simply for data information?

I fully understand the concerns regarding being seen to be proactive in doing everything possible to keep performance enhancing drugs out of any sport and I understand many people have a natural bias against the notion of elite sportspeople also being human and making spur of the moment decisions during their so called free time, but really who is that well organised that they know 3 months in advance where their daily whereabouts will be. Even if you think you know, plans change, wedding/party/event invitations arrive, weather influences plans, family circumstances change, flights get delayed, cancelled or missed causing a domino effect that has an impact regardless of who you are. I get it during pre-season and the actual season proper but during their holiday time.

Perhaps if it was the individual players that have to cop the fine they may be more likely to remember to update their whereabouts ..... or not :think:

So what do players do If they're in a coverage blackspot area? All companies only have limited coverage, what if an Aboriginal player went back to a remote community or a player went on a camping trip?

Notify the club and ensure the clubs notifies ASADA.

Capriati

Club Legend
Aug 25, 2019
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
So what do players do If they're in a coverage blackspot area? All companies only have limited coverage, what if an Aboriginal player went back to a remote community or a player went on a camping trip?

Updates are done quarter by quarter.

You have to provide an hour window between 5am-11pm each day of your where abouts.

You do it in advance. So if you are in a remote Aboriginal community during the off season has nothing to do with being able to fill out the whereabouts infor before you.

Feb 9, 2009
Footscray
AFL Club
Richmond
Notify the club and ensure the clubs notifies ASADA.
And what if they don't know that where they are going is a blackspot? What If they didn't organise the tour? What if they had Telstra and believed their bullshit marketing that they have coverage everywhere? What if a relative dies and they had to jet off immediately and asadas research only bookkeeping wasn't on the top of their list? What I'd their phone was lost or damaged? I could keep going but it should be obvious that life isn't that simple or so stringently planable.

Back