Banter Drug Den of Banter and Hilarity - Shinboner Spirit of Tasmania

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We both have 16 premierships but only one of us has won 16 Grand Finals, the other, only 14
:)

So our methods of claiming premierships are more diverse? A fine compliment.

We did manage to win one of our dismal 14 Grand Finals at Princes Park though. Aint that cute.

We both have 16 premierships but only one of us has won 16 Grand Finals, the other, only 14
:)
It's almost like the finals system used has varied twice! Hormagawd.

Carlton 16 GF wins, Essendon 14 GF wins
Essendon 2 RR wins, Carlton a big zero

Maybe I'll go round quoting the latter incessantly like it's at all relevant!

No premierships prior to 1961 are relevant.

When do you board the plane. Maybe I start posting then. You're too smart :)

I dunno, making fun of Carlton has kind of lost it's shine a little bit.

Their fans are just so, well, empty now.

They tend to fall in to one of two categories;

The first type is morosely resigned to the fact that it's never getting better. If you try and have a cheeky dig at one of these, the responses won't vary much from 'we know', or 'yeah we suck'. They're accepting of the fact that they are perennially s**t and are far beyond any level of anger or fight at the state of their club. I say 'their' club, but the reality is they aren't really a part of it anymore. Oh sure, if you ask them who they support, they'll say Carlton, but they checked out a while ago and it's habit more than actual support that makes them identify as Carlton fans.

The second type are my favorite. These are what I like to call 'the never-learns'. Unlike their disinterested counterparts, these guys and girls are invested. They're interested. They're involved. They are up to their eyeballs in all things Carlton. There's just one problem;

They don't have a ******* clue.

Yeah you know this type. Take a look around the site, you see someone with a 'Carlton' slapped under their avatar? Pretty good chance this is one of the never-learns. There's nothing cryptic about the name, a never-learn, never. *******. learns.

This is the person that smugly declares that Levi Casboult is a star of the future;

Will watch them spud it up horrifically, and move straight in to talk about Boekhorst being a potential star without blinking.

The kind of fan that wanted to gargle the proverbial stones when Pratt effectively bought the club, and still don't see an issue with this talentless, braindead hobgoblin in a position of authority despite non business acumen or discernible qualities of any kind.

1372649383443.jpg

Year after year, it's the same thing. All their kids are great, the administration is on the right track, the rebuild is proceeding well. I mean, anyone outside the club can look at it and see the absolute mess it is, but not the never-learns, no no - to this dullard the Blues are just one draft away from challenging for a flag.

They're like Richmond fans. On an endless cycle of daft comments, false hope and a bravado that would be hilarious if it wasn't so bloody sad.

Speaking of Richmond fans, I will give them one thing; despite decades of unending shitness and mind numbing naivety - they're still here. They show up.

Carlton? They're a mile behind what used to be its peers. It's peaheart fans have abandoned them in droves, to the point that the club barely qualifies as middle-tier - and those that remain are too stupid to realise that the club needs the jerry can and lit match treatment.

So what is this now, it's eighth rebuild? But this one is TOTALLY going to turn up the chocolates now, isn't it never-learns?

And there's only one type of * supporter...and you're the epitome of it Jade -> smug, delusional flog.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I gotta say the banter from the blues fans has been pathetic. Even Norf fans seem to be around the traps more than them when we play em.
As all these oppo fans seem to remind us of what we have been through over the last 4 years, gotta say I'm proud of the Essendon fans still signed up. Not like those pathetic blues who are pretty much modern day membership tally minnows in Vic.

I gotta say the banter from the blues fans has been pathetic. Even Norf fans seem to be around the traps more than them when we play em.
As all these oppo fans seem to remind us of what we have been through over the last 4 years, gotta say I'm proud of the Essendon fans still signed up. Not like those pathetic blues who are pretty much modern day membership tally minnows in Vic.
pfffftttt....call that banter...clueless sod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back