Drug policy - what are we being fed here?

Remove this Banner Ad

There is a bit of stench of sour grapes to the whole thing. The three people pushing it are all exployees of Melbourne who were fired. The club Doctor, chairman and the player banned for 5 years a month or so ago after testing positive on match day. So they all have a motivation to get back at the club.

Then there is the fact that they went to Wilkie to say this stuff in parliament under parliamentary privilege where there is no option to sue for defamation. That means the media all refused to print the story and so they went to Wilkie to say it in parliament to force the media to cover it and so the media don't have to worry about being sued for printing it.

There is a bit of stench of sour grapes to the whole thing. The three people pushing it are all exployees of Melbourne who were fired. The club Doctor, chairman and the player banned for 5 years a month or so ago after testing positive on match day. So they all have a motivation to get back at the club.

Then there is the fact that they went to Wilkie to say this stuff in parliament under parliamentary privilege where there is no option to sue for defamation. That means the media all refused to print the story and so they went to Wilkie to say it in parliament to force the media to cover it and so the media don't have to worry about being sued for printing it.

Yes that’d all suggest it’s not true, except the AFL immediately came out and admitted everything.

Yes that’d all suggest it’s not true, except the AFL immediately came out and admitted everything.
I see you are back from your trip to the Centrelink to sort out your dole payments and ready to make your usual 500 posts a day on here trying to annoy people. What a noble and inspiring life goal you have. Read the post again and try another pathetic trolling attempt.

I said it smells of sour grapes, i.e. they are pushing it because of grievance against a former employer (whom two of the three are trying to or have shaken down for money with civil claims) and not altruistic whistleblower reasons and therefore maybe putting some mayonnaise on it and implying the practice is much more widespread than it has been. I didn't say nothing they claimed had any merit or truth to it and no off the books drug tests have ever hapenned.

And the AFL didn't admit anything. They just didn't deny that there had ever been off the books drug testing for a player sanctioned by the AFL.

I see you are back from your trip to the Centrelink to sort out your dole payments and ready to make your usual 500 posts a day on here trying to annoy people. What a noble and inspiring life goal you have. Read the post again and try another pathetic trolling attempt.

I said it smells of sour grapes, i.e. they are pushing it because of grievance against a former employer (whom two of the three are trying to or have shaken down for money with civil claims) and not altruistic whistleblower reasons and therefore maybe putting some mayonnaise on it and implying the practice is much more widespread than it has been. I didn't say nothing they claimed had any merit or truth to it and no off the books drug tests have ever hapenned.

And the AFL didn't admit anything. They just didn't deny that there had ever been off the books drug testing for a player sanctioned by the AFL.

You have a very different view of the AFL’s statement and how corroborative it was of everything that was said by Wilkie. So different, in fact, that I’m not even sure you’ve read it.

And you seem to have a much better knowledge of dole payments than me, so I’ll bow to your judgment on that topic.

I wonder if this was a last ditch effort by Wilkie to get the proposed Tasmanian stadium canned now that the state Libs will retain government.
How would that work? One issue has nothing to do with the other.

I mean, I'm not really surprised. A league doing anything and everything to make sure their players are kept in the best light possible? SHOCKER!

Not everyone is Shannon Hurn. How in this age are players not getting popped with anything is super sus

I definitely don't have all the intricacies of this down pat, but if I understand correctly, the AFL has its own illicit drug's policy in addition to being signed up to the WADA code? Maybe an easier outcome would be to just drop the illicit drugs policy and just let WADA do its thing? Or does that just lead to Ben Cousins 2.0?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jesse Hogan likes the nose beers apparently.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back