Drugs in Sport, specifically cycling

Remove this Banner Ad

Sharapova's presser contains some interesting comments. Admits she took it, for 10 years. Claims WADA aent an email with changes in late December, but she did not read the details or check updated list. She is apologetic.

Interestingly, the evil RUSADA sent info to coaches and athletes in mid-October.

Meldonium was already on the watch list in 2015.

Maybe she did - although there is no admission yet it was recreational related.

Just as well it's a solo sport, so it fits the WADA rules perfectly!;)

Oh ... unless Maria was playing doubles at the time ...:oops:

Also would have been more fun/drama if she won.

Sharapova's presser contains some interesting comments. Admits she took it, for 10 years. Claims WADA aent an email with changes in late December, but she did not read the details or check updated list. She is apologetic.

Interestingly, the evil RUSADA sent info to coaches and athletes in mid-October.

Wow - so THAT'S what personal responsibility looks like!

Maybe she did - although there is no admission yet it was recreational related.

Just as well it's a solo sport, so it fits the WADA rules perfectly!;)

Oh ... unless Maria was playing doubles at the time ...:oops:
hingis and the human backhand richard gasquet.

tho his title as THB, the human backhand is under threat by Stanimal Stanislav Wawrinka, the guy from the Swiss[sic] that Kyrgios said Kokinakos was banging your gf too, way to go to find out you are cuckolded when you are on centre court

Last edited:

Wow - so THAT'S what personal responsibility looks like!

she is leading the story, getting her narrative out first.

crisis management101

she is too much of a cash cow to be banned. Watch the vested interests circle the wagons.

crisis management101

she is too much of a cash cow to be banned. Watch the vested interests circle the wagons.
Controlling the narrative, even down to what she wears to the press conference. Head to toe funereal black. Like she's standing on the steps of the courthouse lamenting her unfortunate guilt, your honour.

crisis management101

disagree shes the perfect candidate.

1. Help restore some credibility to a sport that needs it
2. Distract from the bigger match fixing issue.
3. The US with its dominance in these associations can continue to embarrass Russia for crimea and other adventures. Ie cold war mark II.

shes handled it well, moved early, partial hangout to protect her brand and by extension her businesses.

disagree shes the perfect candidate.

1. Help restore some credibility to a sport that needs it
2. Distract from the bigger match fixing issue.
3. The US with its dominance in these associations can continue to embarrass Russia for crimea and other adventures. Ie cold war mark II.

shes handled it well, moved early, partial hangout to protect her brand and by extension her businesses.
what about the old husband who was a role player for the Lakers, a 6'9" bigman. he was Russian I think. She is now rooting the young Russian tennis player. the guy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont know what it is like now but the testing numbers in tennis use to be absolutely pitiful compared to other sports . I think there was no out of comp testing which funnily enough is where most of the doping gets done either.

I dont know what it is like now but the testing numbers in tennis use to be absolutely pitiful compared to other sports . I think there was no out of comp testing which funnily enough is where most of the doping gets done either.
premise is that the tests work.

they dont. or, when they do, they can be easily subverted.

IQ tests.

IQ tests.

I agree with that but there is also the PR side of things where Sporting organisations can get a message out that they are trying to catch drug cheats

whats shocking is not that she's doping, but that she got tested in the first place.

IQ tests.

yes tests are flawed but its all about risk, was reading an article where they said the current regime only has a 3% risk of getting caught but if the test frequency was doubled and concentrated in the off season the risk could be increased to around 30% (for known substances at least).

Point is they're going through the motions not really trying at present.

yes tests are flawed but its all about risk, was reading an article where they said the current regime only has a 3% risk of getting caught but if the test frequency was doubled and concentrated in the off season the risk could be increased to around 30% (for known substances at least).

Point is they're going through the motions not really trying at present.

also, WADA stepped over into the ITF/WTF/ITA 's turf.

usually, the just cover up the big stars testing positive, or at worst, the big star tennis players get the silent bans.

This time, I think WADA had last years MSGC massspecgaschroma assays* and there may have been 900 Ruskies with this in their system.

They used Sugarpova as means2end, instrumental, to put the frighteners into the Ruskies.

why when her nationality is Florida* [sic] ? your guess better than mine

Rio?

cos people wont put 2 and two together, and say she has spent half her life as a resident of Florida starting when she was a jnr in primary school

Last edited:
also, WADA stepped over into the ITF/WTF/ITA 's turf.

usually, the just cover up the big stars testing positive, or at worst, the big star tennis players get the silent bans.

This time, I think WADA had last years MSGC massspecgachroma assays* and there may have been 900 Ruskies with this in their system.

They used Sugarpova as means2end, instrumental, to put the frighteners into the Ruskies.

why when he nationality is Florida* [sic] ? your guess better than mine

Rio?

cos people wont put 2 and two together, and say she has spent half her life as a resident of Florida starting when she was a jnr in primary school

think she's been target tested. Didn't one of the williams sisters go 4 years without being tested after the panic room incident? Something like that, tennis publish their testing results, was a big gap anyway.

I'm guessing they needed a big scalp to deflect from the match fixing debacle, prove they take integrity seriously.

useful idiots can only take you so far, once the stench sets in you need a big name to clear the air.

think she's been target tested. Didn't one of the williams sisters go 4 years without being tested after the panic room incident? Something like that, tennis publish their testing results, was a big gap anyway.

I'm guessing they needed a big scalp to deflect from the match fixing debacle, prove they take integrity seriously.

useful idiots can only take you so far, once the stench sets in you need a big name to clear the air.
I think WADA stepped over into turf they dont usually inhabit.

This is Armstrong mkII

she is a big fish.

what did the unions call this in the 90s and before, demarcation. workers could not perform roles where one union had workers in their place, say, the letter sorters at AusPost. No one else could sort the letters.

well, WADA ferkin sorted the letters, and told ITF that what you gonna do about it?

some brilliant MaddAdam inside mail on what ya gunna do about it? motif
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...t-p6-h-sun-today.1110774/page-3#post-40895050
These people - Lloyd - don't understand just how ruthless someone like Mitchell is.

I mean ffs, Mitchell stole a kilo of coke off Rocco freakin' Arico and basically said "What you gunna do about it?"
Slightly off topic but the story about old mate Toby Mitchell ripping off Rocco Arico for a kilo of coke, by handing over a bag full of Ralph magazines is pretty funny.

think it was four years previous. not after. but you may have meant this by reading your post and the intent implicit

NB. I could be the one wrong.

I think THASP tennis has a steroid problem dot blogspot shut it down about 30 months back and took to twitter, fed up with tennis

I think WADA stepped over into turf they dont usually inhabit.

This is Armstrong mkII

she is a big fish.

what did the unions call this in the 90s and before, demarcation. workers could not perform roles where one union had workers in their place, say, the letter sorters at AusPost. No one else could sort the letters.

well, WADA ferkin sorted the letters, and told ITF that what you gonna do about it?

some brilliant MaddAdam inside mail on what ya gunna do about it? motif
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/cheyne-charters-toby-mitchell-hangin’-out-p6-h-sun-today.1110774/page-3#post-40895050

wada have probably stepped in because the tennis authorities have been hopeless, as well as their broader targeting of Russians in light of the athletics debacle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back