Drugs in Sport, specifically cycling

Remove this Banner Ad

think it was four years previous. not after. but you may have meant this by reading your post and the intent implicit

NB. I could be the one wrong.

I think THASP tennis has a steroid problem dot blogspot shut it down about 30 months back and took to twitter, fed up with tennis

your probably right, I can't remember the details, just that it was around the same time and controversial because she hadn't been tested for a real long time.

also, WADA stepped over into the ITF/WTF/ITA 's turf.

usually, the just cover up the big stars testing positive, or at worst, the big star tennis players get the silent bans.

This time, I think WADA had last years MSGC massspecgaschroma assays* and there may have been 900 Ruskies with this in their system.

They used Sugarpova as means2end, instrumental, to put the frighteners into the Ruskies.

why when her nationality is Florida* [sic] ? your guess better than mine

Rio?

cos people wont put 2 and two together, and say she has spent half her life as a resident of Florida starting when she was a jnr in primary school

Good old USA - HAS the most TUE's of any country in the world - So many sick athletes in the USA.

Blackcats best work is done on cyclingnews.
hey, I do alot of 'good work' here, in fact, some of my best work is done on the FigBooty, just ask 61_99, I have talked her 'round and she is a fan. My oeuvre includes some of my best work right here on the figbooty.

jenny61_99

hey, I do alot of 'good work' here, in fact, some of my best work is done on the FigBooty, just ask 61_99, I have talked her 'round and she is a fan. My oeuvre includes some of my best work right here on the figbooty.

jenny61_99
LMAO. I still can barely understand a word you write, Cat. Not sure I'm the best person to give you a reference. However, you have managed to turn me into a cynical bitch who now believes that no Australian athlete has ever won anything off their talent alone. Bunch of cheats the lot of em.

LMAO. I still can barely understand a word you write, Cat. Not sure I'm the best person to give you a reference. However, you have managed to turn me into a cynical bitch who now believes that no Australian athlete has ever won anything off their talent alone. Bunch of cheats the lot of em.

Bradbury was going to the wrong bloke for his gear then.

WADA have the blood-bags, but aren't they over the cut-off period, if this dates back to 2006?

Nice timing, with the "Tour de Propretè" underway.

https://www.wada-ama.org/en/media/news/2016-07/wada-statement-on-operation-puerto-athlete-blood-bags

WADA Statement on “Operation Puerto” Athlete Blood Bags

Following the recent decision by the Madrid Court of Appeal to provide access to the stored Operation Puerto blood and plasma bags of athletes from cycling and other sports, the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) can confirm that, alongside the Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI), it is now in possession of samples of the blood and plasma bags; and that, the samples are stored in a WADA-accredited laboratory outside of Spain.
WADA and the UCI will continue their joint investigation into Operation Puerto, and will consider all possible legal options.

Operation Puerto is a Spanish Police investigation into a doping ring led by Dr. Eufemiano Fuentes. In 2006, 211 blood and plasma bags were seized from the offices of Dr. Fuentes who was then handed a one-year suspended sentence for endangering public health. The investigation also resulted in anti-doping rule violations for five cyclists; and, led to suspicion of numerous as yet unnamed athletes from other sports that had been treated by Dr. Fuentes. For years, WADA asked Spanish authorities to provide the Agency and partner anti-doping organisations with access to the blood and plasma bags so that any anti-doping rule violations could be pursued. In April 2013, the Criminal Court of Madrid ordered the destruction of the blood and plasma bags -- a decision that WADA appealed in May 2013.

WADA will make no further comment at this time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back