Play Nice Drugs - we're losing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dmc333

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Seagal, Hull, Hibs
Watched this last night, will suck if the media just uses it for Russia/Putin bashing in the current environment. It's a good watch given the farce of Gatlin booing, Bolt worshiping over the past few days, especially given what some testers say in the documentary - Don Catlin straight out says to the camera "they're all doping, every single one of them".

Particularly hilarious is a meeting between the filmmaker on behalf of Rodchenkov and incredulous WADA officials who give the impression their embarrassment and failure is more of a concern than Rodchenkov blowing the whistle and risking his life.

GreyCrow

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Redskins , White Sox
A line from that trailer sums up my feelings (mostly) ''why would I watch an event thats fixed''

In my wide eyed youth I thought they were heroes, then in my callow 20s I accepted doping happened , but not us Aussies, now I watch the Olympics with a very jaundiced eye. Even the Aussies are on it

AFL Club
Sydney
I have just written a blog article for my final year at university. Focusing on WADA's response to Russia's anti-doping fine and appeals.
I would be highly appreciative if you could read and comment. I'd be happy to do the same for anyone else

Cheers,

GreyCrow

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Redskins , White Sox
I have just written a blog article for my final year at university. Focusing on WADA's response to Russia's anti-doping fine and appeals.
I would be highly appreciative if you could read and comment. I'd be happy to do the same for anyone else

Cheers,
Not bad. The line about careers being over by 40 should also carry the now old survey of Olympic Medallists who were asked if they could be guaranteed a win in their event by taking a magic pill.

Mirkin Survey

‘Nor did they [the authors of the report] refer to Mirkin’s study of over a hundred competitive runners, more than half of whom indicated that they would take a “magic pill” that guaranteed them an Olympic gold medal, even if it would kill them within a year’. (Waddington, 2005, p. 482; Waddington & Smith, 2009, p. 111).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top Bottom