Drugs

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by footy75, Oct 30, 2016.

Put it out there
  1. footy75

footy75 Club Legend

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Norwood, Melbourne Storm
    Discuss...

Drugs you do.
    Drugs you have tried.
    How often you take them.
    Drugs you like/dislike.
    Negative effects.
    Stories.

etc etc

Power Raid likes this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. Xenthor

Xenthor All Australian

Melbourne
    Other teams:
    Have never taken illegal drugs and don't plan to. I've seen the worst effects of them on friends and family so it's turned me off wanting to try them

footy75 likes this.
  3. chunkylover

chunkylover Club Legend

West Coast
    Other teams:
    lakers, nufc, subi, colts
    Cleanskin here. alcohol and caffeine mostly. took some of my wifes painkillers after her caesarian (tramadol).

footy75 likes this.
  4. Angus Young

Angus Young Premiership Player

Hawthorn
    Other teams:
    I've seen the worst effects of legal drugs as well on my family members. Lung cancer, stroke and alcoholism.

Like you Xenthor I was put off smoking at a very young age.

All drugs can be dangerous... moderation is the key

footy75, fpcookie and Xenthor like this.
  5. Gigantic

Gigantic Club Legend

GWS
    Other teams:
    Rabbitohs, Liverpool, Phoenix Suns
    I once injected 3 marijuanas

6. Angus Young

Hawthorn
    Other teams:
    The only people that don't like MDMA are the people that haven't tried it.

HairyO, PP34, BirdPerson and 17 others like this.
  7. Crash Davis

Crash Davis Norm Smith Medallist

Collingwood
    Other teams:
    Oakland A's, LA Dodgers
    or people that aren't junkie losers

8. Gigantic

Gigantic Club Legend

GWS
    Other teams:
    I believe MDMA is one of the least 'addictive' drug out there. MDMA isn't known to be the drug of choice of junkies, and I've never known anyone to have taken it on a daily basis.

9. Angus Young

Hawthorn
    Other teams:
    lol. lol. lol.

PP34, Gosha, Bomberboyokay and 2 others like this.
  10. chunkylover53

chunkylover53 Premiership Player

Carlton
    Other teams:
    have a crack campaigner its grouse

HairyO, PP34, Shane Hird and 6 others like this.
  11. chunkylover53

chunkylover53 Premiership Player

Carlton
    Other teams:
    MDMA is preferred, but it can often just make me collapse onto the nearest couch and get way too comfortable and not move, but it's still fun to talk shit when your mates are around. If this is the case, I would probably prefer a pill, but they can knock me around a bit for the next few days. I probably do them twice a month? Depends what event it is, what group I'm with etc. Have cut down on going as hard as I used to though as I work pretty hard during the week and need the brain cells. Self imposed 4am curfew rule usually works.

Smoke weed sometimes but usually only after a night out so I can wind down and get a good sleep.

Coke is great but I'm just not willing to spend $350 a gram for something that will last me one night. Anyone know a good international vendor on the dark web? It just makes you feel energized and confident, the whole not feeling your nose and face can be nice too. Like every other drug though, if you do a bit too much at once you can get yourself pretty cooked.

Had speed a few times and I don't like it much. Pretty rubbish drug, feels like just a bunch of leftovers poured into a bag. Just makes me have a high heart rate and sweat, the sleep afterwards is usually rough too and the morning can be dusty as ****.

Had a few bumps of Ketamine but didn't really feel the affects that much, not too fussed either, seems like this drug skipped a few years as I had never heard of it up until about 2 years ago and now everyones on it. Seems like the go to one for 18-21 yr olds now.

Haven't done anything harder like Shard, Juice or touched a pipe or anything like that and don't really plan to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12. flashmanvc

flashmanvc Team Captain

Hawthorn
    Other teams:
    I smoke a spliff every night. Have done for twenty years. Get back from work, do chores, cook dinner then light up.

How the marijuana is still illegal is f****ng beyond me.

Once or twice a year I'll go down the man made chemical route but I'll never stop smoking my nightly spliff.

13. Angus Young

Hawthorn
    Other teams:
    leo.gif

Bomberboyokay likes this.
  14. jedi mind tricks

jedi mind tricks Norm Smith Medallist

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    I have tried a fair range of drugs. No that doesn't make me cool. No peer pressure just out of interest.

I'm glad I don't do it anymore but I still drink and smoke a bit of weed. I honestly think alcohol is just as bad as other drugs. It's chemicals and carbs. Being hung over for a few days from benders. But socially acceptable at the same time.

On a side note Marijuana plants look beautiful and could be the game changer in medicine.

Angus Young likes this.
  15. PP34

PP34 Finals MVP

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Yeah that tends to happen a bit. You end up on a couch looking like a ****, but in your own world.
    Speed is a campaigner of a thing. People only use it to keep themselves awake for ages.
    K can get real messy. Fine line between having just enough to feel as though you're walking in slow motion and enjoying the trippy nature of it and ended up on a couch, completely unaware of what's going on around you.

16. Gralin

Gralin Spec Moderator

Hawthorn
    Other teams:
    Buffalo Bills
    This should be interesting

ioppolo and footy75 like this.
  17. footy75

footy75 Club Legend

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Norwood, Melbourne Storm
    yes proper ecstasy is quite possibly the most amazing feeling/night out one can have.

However the days following and impact it has on the brain is a major downside...

One needs to ask is that 3 or 4 hours of bliss worth what is to come...

It is also a compound that can only be used sparingly...I would suggest once every 10/12 weeks max.

BirdPerson likes this.
  18. Gigantic

Gigantic Club Legend

GWS
    Other teams:
    Has a lot to do with the quality of the ecstasy as well and whether it's entirely made of mdma or a mix of mdma and mda or what ever else could be inside. It's a shame that research into drugs is pretty much prohibited so it's difficult to even know how neurotoxic these drugs really are and their true effects on the brain. Personally from experience I've felt that MDA has had more of an effect on me the following days than MDMA does.

Bomberboyokay and footy75 like this.
  19. Ciderhound

Ciderhound Team Captain

Richmond
    Other teams:
    Usually have 2 beers on weeknights, with around 6 on weekends. (Usually a few more when the tigers are playing:)

Smoke weed every third week or so..... usually a cone or 2 before bed where i will listen to music.

Pingas and charlie twice a year max. While both are alot of fun and should be decriminalsed and subject to government regulation, they need to be used sparingly as there are long term side effects for over indulgence.

Never touched herion and have no intention to.

Have tried meth. Never again. It's a campaigner of a drug.

Bomberboyokay and Angus Young like this.
  20. HARKER

HARKER Hall of Famer

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Try all the drugs you want but only heavy duty psychedelics leave a lasting impression.

Cocaine is a silly hero-drug that's simple but not particularly productive.
    Marijuana and it's derivatives serve somewhat of purpose but don't really stretch things out too far.
    MDMA: Have you ever been with someone on E? They sound somewhat stupid although benign. If you're not with them.......
    Meth/speed etc are just dumbshit drugs largely for the dumbshit.

Prepare yourself for a trip and it's a whole new world.........but it's not for everyone.

21. Bomberboyokay

Bomberboyokay Brownlow Medallist

Essendon
    Other teams:
    Victory, West Ham, Mets, Roosters
    Drugs are underrated by people who've never taken them. And no, anti-drug posters, I'm not talking about ice and heroin.

Blue1980, 00Stinger and Angus Young like this.
  22. mellowyellow

mellowyellow Premium Platinum

Richmond
    Other teams:
    Have an opportunity to take some DMT for the first time with friends on our Christmas holiday break and am seriously considering a walk down this path,albeit with some apprehension and anxiety. Have been a regular weed user, not so much last 5 years, but have always been curious as to the insight and breakthrough experiences people have whilst under its influence

Would welcome feedback on peoples experiences,insights and pitfalls with the use of this drug.

23. JD Tomahawk

JD Tomahawk Premiership Player

Geelong
    Other teams:
    Boro
    When I was 19-22 I had tried a fair few things, including a crack pipe one time tsk tsk. I come down hard though. Was around the time I was hiding in my closet for hours the next day I realised I shouldn't be doing it anymore. These days I will have a toke of a joint maybe once a year if its in my vicinity.

Angus Young likes this.
  24. footy75

footy75 Club Legend

Carlton
    Other teams:
    Norwood, Melbourne Storm
    Let us know how it goes.

2CB is another new drug that is gaining in popularity.

25. Silent Alarm

Silent Alarm Is your bed made? Is your sweater on?

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Dial Square
    What constitutes abuse of MDMA (ie, having a three or four month period where it was taken say four times?) and what are those long term effects? Been a long time since I've done this sort of 'research.'

I don't really like drugs to much, I'm someone who prefers to sit down and have a few beers and talk shit with my mates. I'm not hugely anxious but I can be neurotic and an over-thinker, so psychosomatics can play a part in my bad experiences with it.

Marijuana makes me pretty nervous – wondering about heart rates, paying attention to small things, thinking the cops or people on the tram are looking at me, wondering how long it's going to last, not being able to sleep because I keep thinking the kettle's still boiling... so many people treat it as this harmless, chill-bro drug but it's still something susceptible to abuse. I know people who went down the path of smoking it nightly and the old high school drug-ed cliche of them becoming boring rang true. Years of nightly use can make even the most normal person, who has no underlying mental issues, end up being a little crooked and odd.

As for anything else, I'm way too shit scared to touch psychedelics. It sounds like a dumb scary mix for someone like me.

I'm pretty happy spending $150 on a night out knowing what my limits are; I can feel when I'm going to end up too pissed, I can have a general gauge of how many I can have and at what rate, and my mates – as drinkers – can help me out in the chance something ends up happening. In the morning, I'll cop spewing up bile and having a painful headache all day because I know exactly what it's from and exactly how I got it: drinking too much alcohol. Coming down from something, neuroses and anxiety sets in, and aside from the associated sadness and dissociated depression, you can quite easily wondering if this sort of headache is normal, or if you've done permanent damage, or if your weird temperature is just par for the course.

Most young people are going to take things but if you're half smart, you might be able to premeditate your standards. If you had a bad time on something, or if something has never done it for you, maybe that's a good sign that the whole drug thing ain't for you. At 22 I sort of came to that conclusion and I'm pretty happy and fulfilled with myself knowing I know who and what I am.

Blue1980 and footy75 like this.