Drugs

joop

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Leeds United
1) I am not a supporter of prohibition, if you read any posts on here that I have made you will clearly see that I am not an anti-drug person.

2) I am an avid supporter of treating drug use as a medical issue, not a criminal issue, but to say that if drugs were decriminalized then the usage rate would go down is just incorrect. There is one country where all drugs are decriminalized and that is Portugal;

http://time.com/longform/portugal-drug-use-decriminalization/

So more people are undoubtedly going to try drugs at least once if they know that there is no chance of being convicted of a crime.

The reason that decriminalization is a good thing is because it encourages people with long term drug issues to seek help and not face any criminal charges.
101D4589-D461-4889-A7BE-F99F0F25B05C.jpeg
94655BE8-E6CB-4290-91B2-395FD0AE52F1.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

james Dean

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
PHX, NUFC, Pats
Ok I don't actually know what you are trying to say here? My original post was a response to a question which said 'How many would use Ice if it were decriminalized'

This is completely irrelevant to the number of people who die from drug use or are imprisoned by it.

It's just common sense, if something is made legal, more people are going to at least try it. It would be the same as prohibition. Alcohol consumption dropped dramatically when prohibition was introduced, and once it was repealed, the number of people drinking almost immediately went back to what it was prior.

Whether or not you agree with making drugs illegal, pretending that it is not a deterrent for some people is just wrong.

Bunkdar

Team Captain
AFL Club
GWS
Ok I don't actually know what you are trying to say here? My original post was a response to a question which said 'How many would use Ice if it were decriminalized'

This is completely irrelevant to the number of people who die from drug use or are imprisoned by it.

It's just common sense, if something is made legal, more people are going to at least try it. It would be the same as prohibition. Alcohol consumption dropped dramatically when prohibition was introduced, and once it was repealed, the number of people drinking almost immediately went back to what it was prior.

Whether or not you agree with making drugs illegal, pretending that it is not a deterrent for some people is just wrong.
" Alcohol consumption dropped dramatically when prohibition was introduced "
Nothing dropped, it went underground ;)

" It's just common sense, if something is made legal, more people are going to at least try it "

Law man, if its made a health issue instead of a legal one then its actually used less if you go by data from the country's who have gone down that path.

Education has been huge on dropping the amount of tobacco smokers
but but its legal....derp

nicky

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Crystal palace, socceroos
No need to go online to score pot because of how available it is but for the more niche drugs, online via the dark web is better and sometimes the only way
Where could one learn all the tips and tricks of buying from the dark web? Like bitcoin and being incognito?

Engimal v3

Club Legend
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Where could one learn all the tips and tricks of buying from the dark web? Like bitcoin and being incognito?
Everything you need to learn is on the regular web. However, I used to spend a lot of time on there as I used to run some (legal) websites, and I found out a lot from the chat rooms on there. People are really transparent as they know they can't (or are unlikely to) get in trouble.

Gralin

Super Moderator
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Buffalo Bills
Moderator #236
My post was deleted
" against site terms "
plz plz plz open discussion is impotent always but even more on these topics
I'm all for talking about drugs, their effects, whether they should be legal etc but how to score is not something you can go into detail on and posting about doing illegal things on a site that is open to google is just a bad idea in general

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bunkdar

Team Captain
AFL Club
GWS
I'm all for talking about drugs, their effects, whether they should be legal etc but how to score is not something you can go into detail on and posting about doing illegal things on a site that is open to google is just a bad idea in general
It got deleted so i cant respond really....forgot the detail
Can ya PM the post ?

Gralin

Super Moderator
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Buffalo Bills
Moderator #238
It got deleted so i cant respond really....forgot the detail
Can ya PM the post ?
a bunch of posts got removed, some for quoting posts that were removed, it doesn't mean your post specifically was against site terms

for reference from the terms

1. No illegal content; respect copyright owners.
    • No hacks, torrents, file swapping, or requesting of same from us or other users.
    • No illegal match video or audio streams, or requesting of same from us or other users.
    • Articles from other sites should be limited to a relevant paragraph or two and a link to the source.
    • No drug use talk or similar. You might get away with contextual mentions or relevant discussion but otherwise leave it out.
this thread skirts a fine line in general but I'd prefer it existed than not

Bunkdar

Team Captain
AFL Club
GWS
a bunch of posts got removed, some for quoting posts that were removed, it doesn't mean your post specifically was against site terms

for reference from the terms

this thread skirts a fine line in general but I'd prefer it existed than not
Of course half of those things need 2 be 100% banned
For some reason drugs are a hot button issue in Australia
Canada legalized cannabis....here in oz u gotta have fitting kid problem and doctor appointment

Gralin

Super Moderator
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Buffalo Bills
Moderator #240
Of course half of those things need 2 be 100% banned
For some reason drugs are a hot button issue in Australia
Canada legalized cannabis....here in oz u gotta have fitting kid problem and doctor appointment
its harder than that here for most from what I hear

we are far from progressive in how we deal with drugs, we take our lead from the US on far too many issues and drugs is just one of them

Gralin

Super Moderator
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Buffalo Bills
Moderator #242
2 clarify
two messages in my inbox said i broke the terms dude :p
to clarify i removed a bunch of posts in one go, everyone gets the same alert
one of your posts quoted a post that was against site terms
the other was probably fine but still part of the DW topic, don't stress

Bunkdar

Team Captain
AFL Club
GWS
its harder than that here for most from what I hear

we are far from progressive in how we deal with drugs, we take our lead from the US on far too many issues and drugs is just one of them
The US is state by state
Jeff Sessions is gone now.....hoping sense creeps across the country

Bunkdar

Team Captain
AFL Club
GWS
to clarify i removed a bunch of posts in one go, everyone gets the same alert
one of your posts quoted a post that was against site terms
the other was probably fine but still part of the DW topic, don't stress
Thanks for reply
If ya not harassing someone or being a racist poo stain then censorship is wrong

Bunkdar

Team Captain
AFL Club
GWS
yes some states in the US have gotten smart, the problem with it only being at state level is that it makes things murky legally
cant see them doin a civil war over it again
people died over keeping black slaves.....weed gonna bring in tax dollarz
In time anyone against it today is gonna be a laughin joke 2moz

Gralin

Super Moderator
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Buffalo Bills
Moderator #247
Thanks for reply
If ya not harassing someone or being a racist poo stain then censorship is wrong
there are more wrong things out there than that
you also don't have to be 18 to use the site

on top of that the website doesn't operate in a vacuum and has rules it has to abide by to exist

Bunkdar

Team Captain
AFL Club
GWS
there are more wrong things out there than that
you also don't have to be 18 to use the site

on top of that the website doesn't operate
in a vacuum and has rules it has to abide by to exist
if its not harassment then wot do we have ? drules
any idiot could say something that coud trigger that ?

Gralin

Super Moderator
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Buffalo Bills
Moderator #250
if its not harassment then wot do we have ? drules
any idiot could say something that coud trigger that ?
Well in Australia we don't have free speech

And in capitalist land we have even less

This site isnt paid for by free speech

As such we have rules that protect the site, its the price you pay for having this site exist and be free to use

Top Bottom