Drugs

ash_1050

Club Legend
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory and Arsenal
Not just at the moment, there's been a concerning number of drug deaths, overdoses and hospitalisations at many events in Sydney over the last couple years. It's very concerning.

Worst thing is being at one of these events and seeing paramedics trying to make their way through the crowd with a stretcher.
Any thoughts as to why it seems to be Sydney specific more so than Melbourne, Brisbane or Perth? Simply more events, a different mentality to drug use?

Any yeah it's absolutely heartbreaking when you see paramedics or an ambulance making there way around an event.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gigantic

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Rabbitohs, Liverpool, Phoenix Suns
Any thoughts as to why it seems to be Sydney specific more so than Melbourne, Brisbane or Perth? Simply more events, a different mentality to drug use?

Any yeah it's absolutely heartbreaking when you see paramedics or an ambulance making there way around an event.
If I was to say, I'd say a whole mixture of factors tbh. Sydney holds massive 8,000 person events like that and people tend to get into the mentality to go overboard. I never really hear much about bad batches, but it's hard not to think there aren't a few going around with the number of hospitalisations and first aid visits. And we'll never know to the extent of drug quality without pill testing facilities.

footy75

Club Legend
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Norwood, Melbourne Storm
Thread starter #278
Not just at the moment, there's been a concerning number of drug deaths, overdoses and hospitalisations at many events in Sydney over the last couple years. It's very concerning.

Worst thing is being at one of these events and seeing paramedics trying to make their way through the crowd with a stretcher.
Always gonna be deaths while it is illegal...until people have access to pure MDMA they are going to take shit made in back yards containing impurities that kill.

And guess what.... kids are always going to take drugs so old people need to get the **** over it and focus on harm minimization.. which is education on how to take substances safely, dosages, frequencies etc and testing.

But that would require funding to go into research and education instead the ´LOL war´

PP34

Finals MVP
AFL Club
Carlton
legalisation is never gona happen in australia the worlds biggest nanny state.
I think it will happen once dinosaurs and religious nutbags are no longer frequently ending up running our government. They don't care what Australians think on a number of issues including drugs.

Problem is we continue to end up with a lot of politicians who seem to lack proper life experiences and it clearly impacts on their opinion of drugs like marijuana, MDMA etc. You can just tell a fair few of them never smoked a joint as a youngster or popped a pill at some rave. You only have to look at some of the ridiculous comments they make about these drugs.

None of these politicians actually give drugs any proper thought. I highly doubt any of them have ever done any actual research. They are brainwashed from a young age into believing what they want to believe and that's basically it. They are embarrassingly ignorant.

You only have to look at the stupidity from the NSW Premier the other day when quizzed about pill testing in the wake of what happened in Sydney. Her response? I don't think it will save lives, it doesn't take into account the size of a person and what's safe for them might not be safe for another. How can one person actually believe that bullshit? Then again this is the same moron that said there's no such thing as a safe drug. If a young bloke buys what he thinks is MDMA, takes it to a pill testing station and it is found to have a harmful substance in it rather than MDMA that bloke isn't going to take that. Can it get any more ******* obvious? Clearly she has no ******* idea what MDMA actually is either because unless you're eating bags of MDMA capsules you are not going to die from an overdose.

People aren't dying from taking too much MDMA. Somehow politicians continue to miss this time and time again or they don't want to hear it. It's the shit campaigner drug manufacturers that are putting PMA and god knows what else in some of these pills. These politicians by continually dismissing pill testing like it's a giant waste of time have blood on their hands. Would love to see how they'd react if it was their kid going to a festival and not coming home all because they took one tiny pill for a fun time, only for it to be PMA and kill them.

Unfortunately when it comes to weed too many politicians and older Australians have been brainwashed. Unlike in America where they've always known more about it and a lot of their politicians smoked back in college or in the 60s/70s. I'm not saying weed is harmless. But in the media and in school there is a lot of rubbish being said.

It baffles me really. We allow people to drink alcohol to their hearts content. As a result we've got violent drunks, alcoholics who treat their families like shit and countless amounts of damage to the public. But anyone wanting to chill out with a joint or enjoy music at a festival with a pill is quickly lumped in by the anti-drug crowd as comparable to an ice, heroin or coke addict.

AFL Club
St Kilda
Always gonna be deaths while it is illegal...until people have access to pure MDMA they are going to take shit made in back yards containing impurities that kill.

And guess what.... kids are always going to take drugs so old people need to get the **** over it and focus on harm minimization.. which is education on how to take substances safely, dosages, frequencies etc and testing.

But that would require funding to go into research and education instead the ´LOL war´
Agree.
When I heard this story I thought, damn better switch on 3AW , quick!
Just as I thought.
Middle aged - old people with the heads firmly planted in their arses.
Just ridiculous.
One bloke actually said they are better of left to die rather than testing taking place.
******* old campaigners, **** off and die.
No idea of the modern world.

AFL Club
St Kilda
I think it will happen once dinosaurs and religious nutbags are no longer frequently ending up running our government. They don't care what Australians think on a number of issues including drugs.

Problem is we continue to end up with a lot of politicians who seem to lack proper life experiences and it clearly impacts on their opinion of drugs like marijuana, MDMA etc. You can just tell a fair few of them never smoked a joint as a youngster or popped a pill at some rave. You only have to look at some of the ridiculous comments they make about these drugs.

None of these politicians actually give drugs any proper thought. I highly doubt any of them have ever done any actual research. They are brainwashed from a young age into believing what they want to believe and that's basically it. They are embarrassingly ignorant.

You only have to look at the stupidity from the NSW Premier the other day when quizzed about pill testing in the wake of what happened in Sydney. Her response? I don't think it will save lives, it doesn't take into account the size of a person and what's safe for them might not be safe for another. How can one person actually believe that bullshit? Then again this is the same moron that said there's no such thing as a safe drug. If a young bloke buys what he thinks is MDMA, takes it to a pill testing station and it is found to have a harmful substance in it rather than MDMA that bloke isn't going to take that. Can it get any more ******* obvious? Clearly she has no ******* idea what MDMA actually is either because unless you're eating bags of MDMA capsules you are not going to die from an overdose.

People aren't dying from taking too much MDMA. Somehow politicians continue to miss this time and time again or they don't want to hear it. It's the shit campaigner drug manufacturers that are putting PMA and god knows what else in some of these pills. These politicians by continually dismissing pill testing like it's a giant waste of time have blood on their hands. Would love to see how they'd react if it was their kid going to a festival and not coming home all because they took one tiny pill for a fun time, only for it to be PMA and kill them.

Unfortunately when it comes to weed too many politicians and older Australians have been brainwashed. Unlike in America where they've always known more about it and a lot of their politicians smoked back in college or in the 60s/70s. I'm not saying weed is harmless. But in the media and in school there is a lot of rubbish being said.

It baffles me really. We allow people to drink alcohol to their hearts content. As a result we've got violent drunks, alcoholics who treat their families like shit and countless amounts of damage to the public. But anyone wanting to chill out with a joint or enjoy music at a festival with a pill is quickly lumped in by the anti-drug crowd as comparable to an ice, heroin or coke addict.
Your reading my mind.
Politicians have laughable attitudes to Marijuana that were out of date by the 1950's.
You cant tell them though, they are right so **** you, and me, and everyone else.

Angus Young

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Well said.

I love reading comments from the ignorant old farts who have no clue and think that MDMA is killing all the kids.

Completely brainwashed by the media.

Deliverance

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Nothing will change here, because the crusty old politicians will be replaced by more crusty old politicians.
And the young party animals with liberal ideas about drugs will soon grow up and have a family, move on from the drug scene and then try to convince their own kids not to use drugs.
Rinse and repeat.

Gigantic

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Rabbitohs, Liverpool, Phoenix Suns
Why professionals are taking psychedelic drugs in the workplace

"Jeff is a mason jar filled with deionised water and a few drops of LSD," Dr Prash says. "It sits in a cupboard at the far corner of the office, covered in what appears to be a specially knitted tea-cosy with a silver tap peeking out of the bottom."

The cover is to preserve the LSD by keeping it in the dark. Next to the mason jar is a shot glass, and every three days the five team members who are on a microdosing schedule forgo their morning coffee and start the day with LSD.

Microdosing psychedelics – ingesting tiny amounts of psilocybin, LSD, other psychedelics and, less commonly, ayahuasca and ibogaine – supposedly improves innovative thinking and creative problem solving without hallucinations.

Full article: https://outline.com/nn54cA

Top Bottom