Remove this Banner Ad

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tony Ferguson
Despite probably not being the best idea given we're both going through pretty rough times at the moment, had some shrooms with a mate last week and went for a long walk and just chatted about life and what we're going through. Easily one of the most fulfilling drug experiences I've ever had, even if not the most "fun". Saved the "fun" part for when I got given a fair amount of free coke a few days later. Wouldn't go near it if it wasn't free, but went to a gig and had a great time nonetheless.

Also wanted to see if anyone here has had similar experience, but I'm currently on SSRIs and my GP has suggested we bump up my dosage, yet (understandably) is hugely reluctant, and even dismissive, as soon as I enquire about sedatives. I understand why, but honestly, I'm much more concerned about ever trying to come off antidepressants, assuming my dosage continues to be increased, than I am staying on the same dosage and developing a valium dependency. A bit of a frustrating situation, even if I completely understand my GP's perspective.
Let me tell you something, there is absolutely nothing worse than a Benzo addiction, it is by far the most dangerous and destructive class of drugs there is to be hooked on including Meth & Heroin. I've seen what it does first hand on various occasions and the withdrawals alone can be lethal. I can't speak for SSRIs as ive never had any experience with those but stay away from Benzos as much as you can. they really are the devils candy. I know they can be a bit of fun, but a valium dependency or any benzo dependency is legit the last thing in the world you want.

SSwans2011

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 7, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
West Coast Wonders, Crystal Palace
Let me tell you something, there is absolutely nothing worse than a Benzo addiction, it is by far the most dangerous and destructive class of drugs there is to be hooked on including Meth & Heroin. I've seen what it does first hand on various occasions and the withdrawals alone can be lethal. I can't speak for SSRIs as ive never had any experience with those but stay away from Benzos as much as you can. they really are the devils candy. I know they can be a bit of fun, but a valium dependency or any benzo dependency is legit the last thing in the world you want.
Oh, I absolutely agree and understand. I've seen dependencies and the consequences of withdrawals firsthand within my family and friend circles (albeit more so xanax than valium). Luckily for me, I don't actually find them fun at all. I get very little enjoyment out of valium and only have a desire to take it when I'm having really bad anxiety attacks, and I wake up the next day with no desire to touch them. I've never had any interest in them, but have been going through a rough time at the moment, and honestly SSRIs are overall helping, but don't do anything when it comes to bad panic atacks. It all turned out alright, as my GP did prescribe me a small quantity, of which I've not used any, but still gives peace of mind knowing they're there if I am struggling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Minidisc MD

Cancelled
Nov 29, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
What's the shelf life of MDMA? Allegedly may have had some caps that had been capped around 12 months ago and when taking them a year later didn't have any effect.
Bought some when my mates were all too nancy to go out to the smokers and do it. they looked like absolute sh*t, tiny blue little glossy things and never bothered. was at a club, mates couldnt find any, remembered they were in a sandwich bag in my sock drawer and we got a cab home and returned. if anything that year-odd probably helped them. skyboys.

biggiemediums

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 20, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chelsea, Storm, Heart.
One of my close mates (haven’t had contact in over a year) has been fully caught up in the oxy world. Sad really, owned his own business and now has cooked himself and lives in a world of delusion. Will be lucky to be around for much longer. Be careful out there, that sh*t is f’ed!
Ouch, not a fun one at all. I had to go through Oxy withdrawal after a pretty short addiction of 4 months. It was genuine hell. Maybe the darkest moment of my life. Hope your mate can find his way back to earth. It's a f’ed up world we live in we're Oxy is legal and attainable.

Angus Young

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 3, 2008
The Gunge Farm
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Ouch, not a fun one at all. I had to go through Oxy withdrawal after a pretty short addiction of 4 months. It was genuine hell. Maybe the darkest moment of my life. Hope your mate can find his way back to earth. It's a f’ed up world we live in we're Oxy is legal and attainable.
isn't it extremely important for those people who are genuinely suffering and in a lot of pain and need to be comfortable.

biggiemediums

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 20, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chelsea, Storm, Heart.
isn't it extremely important for those people who are genuinely suffering and in a lot of pain and need to be comfortable.
Sure; for the most extreme cases which would be 0.001% of the population. Plenty of safer medication would ease pain of many things less than the very extreme.

But that doesn't mean it should be accessible via prescription or so easy to get via a more lax doctor.

metic

All Australian
Nov 20, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If only kratom was available in australia.(You wouldn't have withdrawals from opiates)
A natural pain reliever from leaves dried and consumed by drinking mixed in water.

Unfortunately,
Border forces took my last few attempts to have it sent from Indonesia.
The stuffs 100 times (imo) healthier than legal poisons available freely.
Life's better with kratom!

Coronavirus may have ramped up checks on the importing?

SSwans2011

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 7, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
West Coast Wonders, Crystal Palace
Oh, I absolutely agree and understand. I've seen dependencies and the consequences of withdrawals firsthand within my family and friend circles (albeit more so xanax than valium). Luckily for me, I don't actually find them fun at all. I get very little enjoyment out of valium and only have a desire to take it when I'm having really bad anxiety attacks, and I wake up the next day with no desire to touch them. I've never had any interest in them, but have been going through a rough time at the moment, and honestly SSRIs are overall helping, but don't do anything when it comes to bad panic atacks. It all turned out alright, as my GP did prescribe me a small quantity, of which I've not used any, but still gives peace of mind knowing they're there if I am struggling.
To follow this up, still need valium every now and then, but I've found kava capsules to a be a pretty good, much safer alternative. All friends that I've spoken to about anxiety and insomnia say they've never been suggested to them by their GPs - I don't understand why. I definitely sometimes need the stronger sedation of benzos, but kava capsules are also a pretty good option.

metic

All Australian
Nov 20, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
kratom is nice, has a codeine feel only a bit more natural
Yeah but much better than codeine.
Somewhere between 20 & 100 times better , imo.
A panadiene fortes will do very little towards feeling healthy, imo.
Kratom is a stimulant, pain relief , anti anxiety plus many more benefits to feeling well being and health.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Minidisc MD

Cancelled
Nov 29, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
is mephedrone still getting around? lived in the UK about 10 years ago and it was legal sold as plant feeder used to get it sent in the mail! unreal times!
was never big here I don't think, think the closest we had was GHB. was a bit of a meme in 2010-2013 to see "blow outs" as they called them. it got nipped in the bud once everyone found out how sh*t it was. couple of years later and it was all caps.

don't even think mephodrone is too happening in the UK now either. the kids are back to their 90s selves and just love md and coke. I should ask someone.

PatrickBateman

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 8, 2008
Cartagena, Colombia
AFL Club
Geelong
Sure; for the most extreme cases which would be 0.001% of the population. Plenty of safer medication would ease pain of many things less than the very extreme.
Tell that to someone who does have to experience extreme pain though. Their focus would be such that once the pain subsides, they'd have no interest at all in using such a drug. They have no interest in numbing their mind, 'escaping' if you will.

His comment 'genuinely suffering' is ultimately relevant here. There's too many people using such drugs simply due to their inability to navigate life, not looking in the mirror and facing their demons with responsible approaches. Society really needs to start promoting self growth / development more, especially in men. It seems we've gone the other way though - put men down, bring women up (especially on one side of politics)... It's to the detriment of all. There's certainly more reasons these days for men to feel worthless, then turn to substances to help them deal.

Last edited:

biggiemediums

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 20, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chelsea, Storm, Heart.
Tell that to someone who does have to experience extreme pain though. Their focus would be such that once the pain subsides, they'd have no interest at all in using such a drug. They have no interest in numbing their mind, 'escaping' if you will.

His comment 'genuinely suffering' is ultimately relevant here. There's too many people using such drugs simply due to their inability to navigate life, not looking in the mirror and facing their demons with responsible approaches. Society really needs to start promoting self growth / development more, especially in men. It seems we've gone the other way though - put men down, bring women up (especially on one side of politics)... It's to the detriment of all. There's certainly more reasons these days for men to feel worthless, then turn to substances to help them deal.
I meant more along the lines of Oxy shouldn’t be attainable via a GP and going to the pharmacy. I’m all for it in a hospital setting administered via professionals in a way that lessons the probability of addiction.

As to your paragraph about men, I definitely agree. Although I’m all for people taking mind opening drugs - I agree on the need to teach men to feel more worthwhile.

I hate that masculine traits are now deemed bad or toxic. We are literally training men to become more like women. We’re telling society. Man = bad monster. Woman = wholesome purity.

Horse sh*t.

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tony Ferguson
Ayahuasca.

Anyone done it? What were your experiences?
I don’t think I could handle a 3 hour DMT trip haha. Crystal DMT shot Me into hyperspace. It’s incredibly overwhelming to say the least. I think if I ever did it again I’d need to be sedated on Benzos

Minidisc MD

Cancelled
Nov 29, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I don’t think I could handle a 3 hour DMT trip haha. Crystal DMT shot Me into hyperspace. It’s incredibly overwhelming to say the least. I think if I ever did it again I’d need to be sedated on Benzos
fu**in drug fiends man, if you need to be sedated to take something else because the effects are too much, just dont take the sh*t!

Top Bottom