Drugs

Remove this Banner Ad

Rebeken

Draftee
Dec 22, 2020
Ontario Toronto
AFL Club
Fremantle
It depends on what you mean by saying drugs. For me, drugs are products like heroin, and I am totally against using such products. There is nothing worse than taking heroin. On the other hand, some products can be useful for the human body. For example, I take weed edibles by doctor's recommendation. This product helped me to manage stress and anxiety. Six months ago, I would lose control of myself three times a day, then now, I am far calmer and more peaceful. My doctor also recommended an online store justcannabis.shop, where I can buy weed edibles.

Pistol Night

Club Legend
Sep 3, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Unless you're a degenerate, or Shane Mumford, you're usually split a gram between 3-5 people, which makes it $60-$100 per head for the night, on par for what people would probably be spending on drinks anyway. If you were planning on having a big night you'd offset the cost by having a couple of caps instead, as it's a hell of a lot more cost effective than doing a gram by yourself.
3-5 people. Righto Ned Flanders

metic

All Australian
Nov 20, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It depends on what you mean by saying drugs. For me, drugs are products like heroin, and I am totally against using such products. There is nothing worse than taking heroin. On the other hand, some products can be useful for the human body. For example, I take weed edibles by doctor's recommendation. This product helped me to manage stress and anxiety. Six months ago, I would lose control of myself three times a day, then now, I am far calmer and more peaceful. My doctor also recommended an online store justcannabis.shop, where I can buy weed edibles.
Sorry cant agree with that and want to say:
Experienced users would agree.
Meth is much worse than heroin.
Heroin is basically a pain killer.
That type of drug actually works very good when used for a good reason.
Morphine etc is all derived from the same thebaine that heroin is. It's been one of the best pain killer drugs for a long time.
Meth - now what good does that do ?
The discussion will be small if you only talk about the good it does...

DashinD

Team Captain
Sep 5, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I’m writing to share my marijuana story. This is a long story so I’ll apologise in advance. It will probably only interest those who have struggled with marijuana addiction over a period is time.

The TLDR version: taking small doses of edibles has helped me move on from a raging decade long cone addiction.

I stared smoking around 18, so not super early. But progressed to becoming a quart a week smoker by my mid twenties, and maintained that for about ten years. More like 90% of a quart in 5 days, then string out the last few days of the weekly cycle while waiting to get on again. So, lots of cones, every day. Mixed with tobacco.

It didn’t affect my job or personal life - married, kids, house, career. I was lucky and able to keep my life progressing and really enjoyed all the great things about smoking weed for a long time. But I was always a piglet and compulsive with it. I couldn’t not smoke it if I had it. Which I always did unless I was waiting to get on.

I tried quitting many times. The main reason was health anxiety after having kids. I was always a bit worried about lung diseases etc but that increased to becoming a proper paranoid anxiety disorder over the years. Always had a cough, grey streaked phlegm, chest pains. Yuk.

I also grew tired of the weekly cycle of getting on, going hard for a few blissful days, slowing down, stretching it out, waiting to get on again, driving to get it, hanging with my dude for half an hour.. as anyone who’s maintained an addiction knows, the mechanics of it can be exhausting. and I wanted to stop spending 5k a year on it. That adds up over a decade..
My kids also were getting older and to the age where it was harder to get away with it and I got sick of sneaking around trying to hide it from them. I didn’t want it to be normalised from a young age and for them to pick up the habit any earlier than I did because of exposure from my habit.

So, many good reasons to quit.

Despite this I tried and failed numerous times. I tried cold turkey regularly with the most successful period being about two weeks. I tried vaping. Wasn’t quite as good and I found I was burning through it even faster. I saw a drug counsellor but that didn’t really work.

What has worked though, is edibles. Specifically, small doses. Edibles have changed my life. I’ve been on them for two years now. My cardio vascular and subsequently my mental health have dramatically improved, I’d say back to normal.

I’ve been consistently lowering the dose to the point where I must be close to microdosing. An ounce of good bud makes 500ml of infused oil. I just use a baby Panadol syringe to measure the dose and consume it straight. I don’t fu** around with baking brownies or anything like that.

Initially I had to take 10ml to get high, then 7ml, then 5.. and have gradually decreased the point where I take 1-1.5ml in the morning as my daily. And maybe 2.5ml on the weekend if I wanna get spicy, or maybe I’ll take a second small dose if I’m going out at night or something. You can do the maths - but an ounce in this form lasts something like 6 months. Very economical.

so yes - I’m still a mostly daily user. I’ll have a day or two off per week if I forget to take it, but at this low dose there is no craving, no sick tummy or grumpy dude. I literally forget to take it at least once a week.

A friend was giving me sh*t saying that it’s basically a placebo. I’ll take that! But that’s not to say I don’t feel high every time I take it. There’s a good 2hr period where I feel like I’m ******* flying. And after that it’s a long taper, without the urge to ‘chase the dragon’. I’m satisfied.

I think the thing for me is the forced delay in gratification. It takes 2hrs to feel an effect. Instant gratification is simply not on the table. Which for me was always the problem - impulse control. But to know I’ve got something on hand means I don’t have any craving or impulse to get any bud to smoke. I guess it’s a bit like methadone for a heroin addict.

I’m sharing this because I read a few pages back about the Roos fan who was trying to quit/reduce. I was in that place for a long time as it’s draining. Marijuana addiction is as real as any other. It may not be as destructive as some other addictions but it runs as deep. But I feel like I’ve defeated it now. I’ve had a few smokes when offered over the last couple of years and yeah, it’s more intense. But nowhere near as nice.

I would recommend it to any daily stoner who knows they’ve reached their time but is struggling to break the cycle.

If you’re thinking of giving this a try I’d say stick with it for a couple of weeks at least. Don’t try microdosing straight away. I’d tried edibles in the past but never got the same high. That was the case when I first changed to edibles.. but then around two weeks into it I suddenly started getting frightfully stoned. I felt like it took a period of time for my body to adjust to metabolising it differently or whatever the physiological change is. That was when I started lowering the dose more and more.

Thanks for listening and if you’re struggling don’t give up. Even if this doesn’t work for you keep trying til you find out what does! It’s possible to have a regular, enjoyable relationship with ganja without it being abusive or controlling your life.

peace out homies!

Last edited:

biggiemediums

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 20, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chelsea, Storm, Heart.
I’m writing to share my marijuana story. This is a long story so I’ll apologise in advance. It will probably only interest those who have struggled with marijuana addiction over a period is time.

The TLDR version: taking small doses of edibles has helped me move on from a raging decade long cone addiction.

I stared smoking around 18, so not super early. But progressed to becoming a quart a week smoker by my mid twenties, and maintained that for about ten years. More like 90% of a quart in 5 days, then string out the last few days of the weekly cycle while waiting to get on again. So, lots of cones, every day. Mixed with tobacco.

It didn’t affect my job or personal life - married, kids, house, career. I was lucky and able to keep my life progressing and really enjoyed all the great things about smoking weed for a long time. But I was always a piglet and compulsive with it. I couldn’t not smoke it if I had it. Which I always did unless I was waiting to get on.

I tried quitting many times. The main reason was health anxiety after having kids. I was always a bit worried about lung diseases etc but that increased to becoming a proper paranoid anxiety disorder over the years. Always had a cough, grey streaked phlegm, chest pains. Yuk.

I also grew tired of the weekly cycle of getting on, going hard for a few blissful days, slowing down, stretching it out, waiting to get on again, driving to get it, hanging with my dude for half an hour.. as anyone who’s maintained an addiction knows, the mechanics of it can be exhausting. and I wanted to stop spending 5k a year on it. That adds up over a decade..
My kids also were getting older and to the age where it was harder to get away with it and I got sick of sneaking around trying to hide it from them. I didn’t want it to be normalised from a young age and for them to pick up the habit any earlier than I did because of exposure from my habit.

So, many good reasons to quit.

Despite this I tried and failed numerous times. I tried cold turkey regularly with the most successful period being about two weeks. I tried vaping. Wasn’t quite as good and I found I was burning through it even faster. I saw a drug counsellor but that didn’t really work.

What has worked though, is edibles. Specifically, small doses. Edibles have changed my life. I’ve been on them for two years now. My cardio vascular and subsequently my mental health have dramatically improved, I’d say back to normal.

I’ve been consistently lowering the dose to the point where I must be close to microdosing. An ounce of good bud makes 500ml of infused oil. I just use a baby Panadol syringe to measure the dose and consume it straight. I don’t fu** around with baking brownies or anything like that.

Initially I had to take 10ml to get high, then 7ml, then 5.. and have gradually decreased the point where I take 1-1.5ml in the morning as my daily. And maybe 2.5ml on the weekend if I wanna get spicy, or maybe I’ll take a second small dose if I’m going out at night or something. You can do the maths - but an ounce in this form lasts something like 6 months. Very economical.

so yes - I’m still a mostly daily user. I’ll have a day or two off per week if I forget to take it, but at this low dose there is no craving, no sick tummy or grumpy dude. I literally forget to take it at least once a week.

A friend was giving me sh*t saying that it’s basically a placebo. I’ll take that! But that’s not to say I don’t feel high every time I take it. There’s a good 2hr period where I feel like I’m ******* flying. And after that it’s a long taper, without the urge to ‘chase the dragon’. I’m satisfied.

I think the thing for me is the forced delay in gratification. It takes 2hrs to feel an effect. Instant gratification is simply not on the table. Which for me was always the problem - impulse control. But to know I’ve got something on hand means I don’t have any craving or impulse to get any bud to smoke. I guess it’s a bit like methadone for a heroin addict.

I’m sharing this because I read a few pages back about the Roos fan who was trying to quit/reduce. I was in that place for a long time as it’s draining. Marijuana addiction is as real as any other. It may not be as destructive as some other addictions but it runs as deep. But I feel like I’ve defeated it now. I’ve had a few smokes when offered over the last couple of years and yeah, it’s more intense. But nowhere near as nice.

I would recommend it to any daily stoner who knows they’ve reached their time but is struggling to break the cycle.

If you’re thinking of giving this a try I’d say stick with it for a couple of weeks at least. Don’t try microdosing straight away. I’d tried edibles in the past but never got the same high. That was the case when I first changed to edibles.. but then around two weeks into it I suddenly started getting frightfully stoned. I felt like it took a period of time for my body to adjust to metabolising it differently or whatever the physiological change is. That was when I started lowering the dose more and more.

Thanks for listening and if you’re struggling don’t give up. Even if this doesn’t work for you keep trying til you find out what does! It’s possible to have a regular, enjoyable relationship with ganja without it being abusive or controlling your life.

peace out homies!
Glad to hear you’re doing better dude! Sounds like a huge dark grip on your soul has been loosened!

I’m a huge Cannabis advocate, I’m a Medical Marijuana user here in Victoria. So I’m all about that green - but I hate when people deny that it cannot be addictive.

Of course you don’t get the heavy physical reality of other detoxes - I’ve been through Oxycodone withdrawals and it was genuinely one of the worst weeks of my life, maybe the worst - but that doesn’t matter, Cannabis addiction gets you in other ways.

Your mind can’t handle the sober mental state. There’s no shift in sober moods. It’s sober=bad mood, high=happy. Quitting smoking ESPECIALLY WITH TOBACCand heavy use of Cannabis as a daily user is not easy, so kudos.

I know your friends are saying placebo etc. but if you’re microdosing edibles, I can’t see any health negatives so why not?
🤙🏼🤙🏼🤙🏼

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gigantic

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 31, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Rabbitohs, Liverpool, Phoenix Suns

joop

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Leeds United
So there's been clinical trials for MDMA-facilitated therapy across North America and parts of Europe with great efficacy in treating PTSD

A shame that this decision by TGA means we're still years away from it even being a thing here

I used to do clinical trials every weekend and can confirm mdma is the superior drug.

Jason mp

Premium Platinum
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Sorry cant agree with that and want to say:
Experienced users would agree.
Meth is much worse than heroin.
Heroin is basically a pain killer.
That type of drug actually works very good when used for a good reason.
Morphine etc is all derived from the same thebaine that heroin is. It's been one of the best pain killer drugs for a long time.
Meth - now what good does that do ?
The discussion will be small if you only talk about the good it does...
Meth is an abomination, my 33 year old daughter had been a reasonably regular social user of marijuana and functioned well as a permanently employed member of society in good jobs all her adult life.... then very long story short >

She got in with the wrong crowd and started on Meth and it destroyed her life, lost her job/friends/some family, got into serious trouble with police, went to court and was sentenced to community service for assault(luckily no conviction recorded, 1st offence) defaulted on her home loan, and finally ended up being forcibly detained in a Mental Health ward for a number of weeks. This went on for about 18 months, due to her own ability to eventually see clearly and think rationally she pulled herself out of it and is now in a great job and a good place mentally and is like the girl we knew 2 years ago. The ramifications continue though, she owes the bank $50,000 which she is now paying off weekly out of her pay and she is unlikely to ever be approved for a loan again.

No matter how much help you are offered, some of which was compulsory the person with the problem has to deep down want to get on top of the problem themselves to turn their life around, thank heavens my daughter was one of them.

checkraiseulite

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 23, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Meth is an abomination, my 33 year old daughter had been a reasonably regular social user of marijuana and functioned well as a permanently employed member of society in good jobs all her adult life.... then very long story short >

She got in with the wrong crowd and started on Meth and it destroyed her life, lost her job/friends/some family, got into serious trouble with police, went to court and was sentenced to community service for assault(luckily no conviction recorded, 1st offence) defaulted on her home loan, and finally ended up being forcibly detained in a Mental Health ward for a number of weeks. This went on for about 18 months, due to her own ability to eventually see clearly and think rationally she pulled herself out of it and is now in a great job and a good place mentally and is like the girl we knew 2 years ago. The ramifications continue though, she owes the bank $50,000 which she is now paying off weekly out of her pay and she is unlikely to ever be approved for a loan again.

No matter how much help you are offered, some of which was compulsory the person with the problem has to deep down want to get on top of the problem themselves to turn their life around, thank heavens my daughter was one of them.
good to hear she has got on top of it and you still have a good relationship.

Remove this Banner Ad