Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Oh man, pretty sure I read somewhere in the last week that Viney jacked up McCraes shoulder on the opening tap.

Just watched it now for the first time since and I’ve begun my petition for viney’s induction into the Philadelphia sports hall of fame.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
One of my favourite bits was Mitch Hannan doing a horrible handball and McRae sodding the gather anyways. It wasn’t even a helpful play really - I assume it was a set play or at the least McRae called for it. That’s my drunk bit where I keep rewinding to see it over and over. Beer and footy stuff ups are a great combo

One of my favourite bits was Mitch Hannan doing a horrible handball and McRae sodding the gather anyways. It wasn’t even a helpful play really - I assume it was a set play or at the least McRae called for it. That’s my drunk bit where I keep rewinding to see it over and over. Beer and footy stuff ups are a great combo
I recall going bonkers in the last when Hunter tried a bounce on the wing and it went oob. I was quite drunk by then but thought that was hilarious.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
I recall going bonkers in the last when Hunter tried a bounce on the wing and it went oob. I was quite drunk by then but thought that was hilarious.
Yeah that was funny. My partner thought it was hilarious and kept shouting sucked in you drop kick which was a nice, old-school response

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Let’s talk about this:

AE277376-B7C4-4218-AD3D-13A39DB0A7B2.png

Bray flies through the air like an MCC member when they put the cheese plate out on Queens birthday, knocking over everyone in his path.

It’s really a thing of beauty, and one of my favorite moments. Credible voices here have suggested that this should have been a free to Schache. Perhaps. But what I really to discuss is how excited, dare I say proud, BT was by the whole affair. “Schache had to go! He sat under a clunker and they clobbered him. They didn’t let him get away with it!”

These certainly aren’t the words of a man who thinks our helmeted hero has done anything wrong. Felt like a man thrilled to see the game being played like it was in his day. Do I have this right?

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Btw, this sequence is BT at his best. This moment up through Sparrow kicking for home from 60 was spine tingling. I remember being up out of my chair and standing, cajoling, and body-englishing during this sequence. Fabulous stuff.

Cotchins Hair Piece

Bouffant Flat Top
Mar 6, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Let’s talk about this:

View attachment 1304082

Bray flies through the air like an MCC member when they put the cheese plate out on Queens birthday, knocking over everyone in his path.

It’s really a thing of beauty, and one of my favorite moments. Credible voices here have suggested that this should have been a free to Schache. Perhaps. But what I really to discuss is how excited, dare I say proud, BT was by the whole affair. “Schache had to go! He sat under a clunker and they clobbered him. They didn’t let him get away with it!”

These certainly aren’t the words of a man who thinks our helmeted hero has done anything wrong. Felt like a man thrilled to see the game being played like it was in his day. Do I have this right?
Schache played?

The Dr

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 20, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I’d say that contest would be a free kick to Schache 95 times out of 100. But in Grand Finals, the umps generally err on the side of allowing players to be more physical.

I did love that level of intensity from Brayshaw though. He really impacted the game and played with presence.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
I’d say that contest would be a free kick to Schache 95 times out of 100. But in Grand Finals, the umps generally err on the side of allowing players to be more physical.

I did love that level of intensity from Brayshaw though. He really impacted the game and played with presence.

Loved everything about it, including Lever pulling him off the turf. Only thing missing was Jake passing some smelling salts under his nose.

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Put the game on TV as “background noise” for our small gathering tonight. A few folks showed mild interest. Father in law was miffed, though, when I interrupted a story he was telling by loudly announcing to the assembled masses “pay attention dipshits, shits about to get real” right before Trac’s dribbler.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Put the game on TV as “background noise” for our small gathering tonight. A few folks showed mild interest. Father in law was miffed, though, when I interrupted a story he was telling by loudly announcing to the assembled masses “pay attention dipshits, shits about to get real” right before Trac’s dribbler.
Oh good.

I, too, have worn out my popularity as a host this year, which can only be a good thing

The Dr

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 20, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne

I’d love to know how your friends and family have reacted to your journey to becoming an AFL fan.

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
I’d love to know how your friends and family have reacted to your journey to becoming an AFL fan.

Sadly, I have been unsuccessful getting any friends interested in the sport. I would love to watch games with someone else, so it’s a little disappointing.

Sadly, I have been unsuccessful getting any friends interested in the sport. I would love to watch games with someone else, so it’s a little disappointing.

Sad but understandable, mates tried getting me into soccer and I couldn't for the life of me, and I already knew all the rules. Some sports just dont work for other people no matter how popular and good it is for others.

AFL I could imagine would actually be hard to understand unless youre committed, sort of like the NFL for Australians, takes a while to get a good grasp of it. Most folks just cant be bothered learning a sport so late in life, particularly in a fishbowl like America.

Back