Drunk Replays

Sadly, I have been unsuccessful getting any friends interested in the sport. I would love to watch games with someone else, so it’s a little disappointing.
I know what you mean. Have the same problem with getting friends and family into NHL.

Oh good.

I, too, have worn out my popularity as a host this year, which can only be a good thing
Generally, my family and friends know how much Melbourne winning the flag meant to me, so they just let it slide.
My youngest son said he's sick of watching it. But he follows St Kilda, he just doesn't understand.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Generally, my family and friends know how much Melbourne winning the flag meant to me, so they just let it slide.
My youngest son said he's sick of watching it. But he follows St Kilda, he just doesn't understand.
I too have a sympathetic family, but 6 slow-motion replays of Oliver getting the clearance really tested them

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Not sure where to put this, I'm watching a replay but I'm not drunk. I actually started watching the round 2 game against St Kilda because I never really watched it before, but boy do I feel hungover just watching it. Absolutely disgusting how putrid we played that night, only reason saints were in it was because Melbourne blazed away and just had no system in the forward 50. Saints on the other hand seem to take just about every chance they had, they just had very few chances. This Melbourne team was certainly a long away from the finals team, suppose that's a good thing, but those saying Melbourne peaked too early really look foolish if you rewatch the season particularly that midseason slump. Anyway doesn't matter and their were certainly some good signs it just hadn't clicked in to place.

On a separate note, I know st kilda improved over the season but how did this team make finals in 2020. I was a bit sceptical then but I really think their list is mediocre.

Apr 14, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Lakers,Chelsea F.C.
That Treloar goal in the last still pisses me off.
That, and the misses from Gawn and Trac.
Oh, what could've been.
Not that i like him but his performance in was pretty good considering some of his teammates (Bont, Daniel) thought they'd won it before they won it IMO.
I dont really like Treoloar but I can conceed he didnt drop his head or sherk a contest. He was one of the few that tried all day even when it was beyond doubt
Sad but understandable, mates tried getting me into soccer and I couldn't for the life of me, and I already knew all the rules. Some sports just dont work for other people no matter how popular and good it is for others.

AFL I could imagine would actually be hard to understand unless youre committed, sort of like the NFL for Australians, takes a while to get a good grasp of it. Most folks just cant be bothered learning a sport so late in life, particularly in a fishbowl like America.
Can Guarantee that the new Sherrin AFL I bought over to my US host Family 12 years ago has never been used (most likely in the trash after the next garage sale they had! haha) Even tried winning him over with highlights of Ablett Jnr and Judd, all the excitment of our game and how batshit ctrazy it muist be for foreigners.

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Not that i like him but his performance in was pretty good considering some of his teammates (Bont, Daniel) thought they'd won it before they won it IMO.
I dont really like Treoloar but I can conceed he didnt drop his head or sherk a contest. He was one of the few that tried all day even when it was beyond doubt

Can Guarantee that the new Sherrin AFL I bought over to my US host Family 12 years ago has never been used (most likely in the trash after the next garage sale they had! haha) Even tried winning him over with highlights of Ablett Jnr and Judd, all the excitment of our game and how batshit ctrazy it muist be for foreigners.
I don't think it's anything personal against Treloar, more the fact 100-1 looks better. Heck 100-0 would be amazing but is that too greedy.

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Not sure where to put this, I'm watching a replay but I'm not drunk. I actually started watching the round 2 game against St Kilda because I never really watched it before, but boy do I feel hungover just watching it. Absolutely disgusting how putrid we played that night, only reason saints were in it was because Melbourne blazed away and just had no system in the forward 50. Saints on the other hand seem to take just about every chance they had, they just had very few chances. This Melbourne team was certainly a long away from the finals team, suppose that's a good thing, but those saying Melbourne peaked too early really look foolish if you rewatch the season particularly that midseason slump. Anyway doesn't matter and their were certainly some good signs it just hadn't clicked in to place.

On a separate note, I know st kilda improved over the season but how did this team make finals in 2020. I was a bit sceptical then but I really think their list is mediocre.

This is always a safe place mate. Just try to be drunker next time.

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
One of wife’s friend likes Bont.

Eat this Bont.

4757A824-E2E2-44A3-A447-D19CE27EAE6A.png

deeco

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 3, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Coming in hot here, got another 6-8 beers to polish off during the replay at a conservative estimate

Jamurp

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Melbourne
I weirdly enough haven't watched the entire game in full again, have watched the 2nd half countless times with every radio stream available, but not start to finish. Might set myself up for a night with some beers and food and re-live it in full again.

May 3, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
I weirdly enough haven't watched the entire game in full again, have watched the 2nd half countless times with every radio stream available, but not start to finish. Might set myself up for a night with some beers and food and re-live it in full again.
Me neither. I never re-watched the 2006 elimination final either. Strangely enough I did watch 186 a couple of years ago.

Back