DT Finals Trades (Rounds 20-23)

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
Gday guys, over the last few weeks the trades threads have been only a few pages long each with most of us running out of trades and not much discussion going on, so just keep the last 4 weeks of trades all in here.

Anyways, for this week do I blow my last trade on coverage on a midpricer with Howe potentially being unavailable through concussion, or should I just sit on it when that inevitable LTI comes?

Might just roll the dice on Joel Smith scoring a 60 odd and keep the trade if Howe indeed is out.

If I'm looking at 2 out this week then I may pull the trigger though.

Thinking of rolling the dice for first week of finals in a cash league

Mihocek --> Lienert
Ahern --> Macrae
Leaves 1 trade and about 30k

Bench cover will be Seedsman (inj), Lienert, Parker, Giro, Smith, Gray/Walters, Kerr

Having Gray/Walters at F6 is not ideal but I think getting Macrae in is more important.
Trade Walters and play Ahern at F6 ??

miss buddy to macrae by $2k what a surprise!!!!! so predictable. Will now have to ride neale having 36 touches a week and struggling to score a 100.. buddy to either tom macdonald or wingard.. macdonald is going to score huge this week with no steven may and Hogan likely to be rested.

May also have to do stef martin to grundy... stef will cop a hiding against Goldstein, who's back to his AA form... Grundy will absolutely destroy the swans.. will be scoring 140+...

miss buddy to macrae by $2k what a surprise!!!!! so predictable. Will now have to ride neale having 36 touches a week and struggling to score a 100.. buddy to either tom macdonald or wingard.. macdonald is going to score huge this week with no steven may and Hogan likely to be rested.

May also have to do stef martin to grundy... stef will cop a hiding against Goldstein, who's back to his AA form... Grundy will absolutely destroy the swans.. will be scoring 140+...
I really want to pull the stef to grundy trigger, looks like there will indeed be another 50 pt difference. I can get the cash by downgrading Fritsch. Would leave my final cover as:
Fwd: Ahern
Mid: Parker
Def: COR
Ruc: some spud who won’t play
I will have no trades left either. So, the decision is do I get Grundy and have spuds as cover in defence or do I stick with Stef and get decent def cover or just hold trades for LTI.

I really want to pull the stef to grundy trigger, looks like there will indeed be another 50 pt difference. I can get the cash by downgrading Fritsch. Would leave my final cover as:
I will have no trades left either. So, the decision is do I get Grundy and have spuds as cover in defence or do I stick with Stef and get decent def cover or just hold trades for LTI.
Grundy for sure.
Can't think what if now. It's finals. Could be out this week.

Have to bite the bullet and get grundy. He will score at least 50 more than Stef this week.

3 trades left. I was thinking of finally doing that Sicily > Heeney trade to get Walters off the field but Swans have fallen off a cliff and Ahern was pretty impressive yesterday. Might just hold trades again, field Ahern @ F6 this week & bench Walters. I got burnt badly by late season carnage last year, hopefully 3 trades will be enough to cover a repeat of that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have to bite the bullet and get grundy. He will score at least 50 more than Stef this week.
Even if it means I have zero trades left with no bench ruck cover and CoR as best def cover (could make way for McVeigh soon)? My qualifying final opponent this week has Grundy of course, should I just match his Grundy and hope for no injuries in ruck and defence?

Grundy for sure.
Can't think what if now. It's finals. Could be out this week.
I finished top 4 in div 4 so I have the second chance. If I wait on Grundy for a week then it means I decrease the number of weeks that I have zero trades. With no ruck cover at all, I think conserving trades is vital right? Or do people just take a risk at this time of the year? This is only my second year of rdt so not sure about the end game strategy

Haha I don’t mind my chances if I get Grundy, you will win easily if I don’t (even if you are fielding Fritsch). So...Got any trades up your sleeve?
Nope haha, my F5-8 are pretty poor but prioritised midfield and defence, can choose 2 of Fritsch, Walters, Gray and Aherm, I chose wrong last week.

Holding onto the last trade until I'm forced to eat a 0 for the rest of the season. Would be nice to move Stef on for Grundy though.

Finished 3rd in my league.
Ahern moves from M9 to F6 and Walters to M9 and Fyfe>Macrae. Leaves me with 2 trades, $163k and Fritsch, Crisp and Danger all in the gun

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Even though I still have 3 trades up my sleeve I will probably not trade this week. Hogan is my only concern but with Melbourne playing the sun's surely he'll have a big day.

Is Dusty to Zaha a good idea with two trades left ? $400 short of Sidey

Remove this Banner Ad

Back