DT Rookies 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

I have Clay and Ledger in my side.... one has to sit on the bench.............. opinions? and reasons....

Clay - Sounds the goods, club obviously backs him. Chance of getting subbed.

Ledger - I'd play him for certain if I knew he wouldn't get jacketed (if he starts on the ground)

If Ledger is likely jacketed seriously thinking about Wingard (Port) as an option to replace.

Need 2 rookie mids & 2 rookie forwards to round out my side. Magner already chosen.

Considering Smedts & Dickson up forward.

Ledger & Clay Smith in the middle.

Job security of all 4 is a big concern, as is Clay Smith's NAB Cup form & scoring potential.

Thoughts? Changes?

I passed on Ledger because of this article:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/131679/default.aspx

He seems little risky given he had surgery on his hamstring in his first year. Also he admits his endurance needs work (though I imagine that goes for the majority of rookies).

Clay Smith I am not so sure. I am tossing up between him and Wingard. Leaning towards Wingard at the moment as I think he had better job security.

Stuck on this one.. originally had Pfieffer, but as he wasnt named, hes now out. So who to start out of Hall, Dickson and Smedts?

My exact thoughts. Do I take Couch and get Kennedys score.

Or Do I take Smedts and take him or Hall's score?

I rather be 40 points worse off than have a zero sitting on the bench, uncertain when (or if) he will play. Just saying.. :rolleyes:

Pfeiffer is certainly around the mark. But as i said earlier when talking about Port have an underrated list and its actually got quite a bit of depth to it now.

I ****ing told all of you Pfeiffer wouldn't get named.

'Oh, what would you know about Port, gopower? Pfeiffer will play every game because he's old and Port are s**t so there's no need to consider the matter any further!' Derp.

Love that retort :thumbsu:

People were overlooking the reasons why Pfeiffer was delisted and didn't play AFL for two years - maybe they were hoping for Podsiadly Mk II. Either way, you'd think someone who actually supports and follows their team closely would have more authority on the matter than everyone else.

Hmmm not sure why, but I ended up going with Anthony Miles from GWS as a mid bench... cant explain why I didnt swap him out when I saw teams named - just an oversight (* head slap), but will he get games soon? Whats his story?

Obviously if he gets named next week I'll keep him, but if he's not named and a playing uncertainty, should I just sit and wait or straight swap him for whichever rookie shows the most over the first 2 games?

Other cheapies I have across the field are Magner, Shiel, D Smith, Bugg, McDonald, Ellis, Morris, Kennedy, Giles, Stephenson and Hall

Cheers for any advice

EDIT: its probably useful to know my entire midfield to see depth and likelihood of needing to call on M8... Swan, Pendlebury, Ablett, Thompson, McDonald (likely suspension doesnt help), Magner, D Shiel, A Miles

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I should have kept Couch even though he wasn't named. He was in Casey's best again yesterday and with Melbourne's 'third world' midfield I'll be gobsmacked if he doesn't make the trip to Perth next week. That said, I don't know if I'd play him in your starting 22, as it may be a baptism of fire.

In serious consideration now too is Mr Karmichael Hunt. Don't know if anyone caught the game but i for one was very impressed with his game. Was on 30 at quarter time and i was cursing myself for not selecting him. Think he could be a good choice. And IMO could ave 70-80. Considering the lack of performing back line rookies, he could be a very good cash cow.

Couch has to play next week, i think hes almost a certainty if healthy.

In: Dunn, Couch, Morton, T.Macdonald, Bennell, Petterd, Tapscott (maybe not)

Out: Blease, Tynan, Davey, Moloney, Green, J.Mckenzie, Bail (maybe not)

I think the coach will make a statement or two especially with his after the game speech. He wont just drop young kids, he will look hard at Green, Moloney and Davey.

I think the coach will make a statement or two especially with his after the game speech. He wont just drop young kids, he will look hard at Green, Moloney and Davey.

I don't reckon mckenzie will get dropped. His endeavor was there, racked up 6 tackles, 2nd to trengrove and 16 touches. Coaches award last year also. And he's 21. Like you said, coach won't drop the young ones

Those are some pretty bloody big calls. Given they are facing the eagles this week i would be happy to see those four dropped. What does that say?

I just quickly looked at stats and didnt watch the game on tv. So really dont have much idea. My point was i think the dees will make some changes and i think they wont stop at the young kids.

Yeh i dare say Moloney, Bail and Mckenzie will play by the sounds of it. I just thought Dunn was like for like with Mckenzie and he got towelled up by Black.

Those are some pretty bloody big calls. Given they are facing the eagles this week i would be happy to see those four dropped. What does that say?

If you want reasonable, educated guesses on changes to the Dees team, go to the Dees board.

So I was thinking of trading Lake out for Mohr on the back of his 77 last week, but then got a sickening feeling in my stomach when I thought back to last season where I traded in Coad after his first game where he scored 80. Although he scored 80 in his second game, he also ripped his hammy off the bone late in the game and didn't play again. I missed out on his price rise and wasted 2 trades.

Moral of the story, think twice about trading in a gun rookie that you missed based on their first game. If that rookie plays well in their second game, by all means get him in if he's selected for a 3rd game, as you will make $$$ from his first price change even if he goes down with a season ending injury during his 3rd match.

Odds are slim of it happpening again, but then lightning is known to strike twice every so often.

So I was thinking of trading Lake out for Mohr on the back of his 77 last week, but then got a sickening feeling in my stomach when I thought back to last season where I traded in Coad after his first game where he scored 80. Although he scored 80 in his second game, he also ripped his hammy off the bone late in the game and didn't play again. I missed out on his price rise and wasted 2 trades.

Moral of the story, think twice about trading in a gun rookie that you missed based on their first game. If that rookie plays well in their second game, by all means get him in if he's selected for a 3rd game, as you will make $$$ from his first price change even if he goes down with a season ending injury during his 3rd match.

Odds are slim of it happpening again, but then lightning is known to strike twice every so often.

if you are adamant that you are going to trade Lake for Mohr then this is the week to do it. If you want to watch him for another week to ensure that he has indeed got the scoring potential that he showed in round 1, then that's fine, but not trading him in this week because you are worried he will get hurt is not a valid reason really. If you are sure you don't want Lake and you are sure you want Mohr, then you should trade him in this week, the reason for that is that you don't know what else is going to happen this week that may require you to trade next week. If you have already locked in a Lake--->Mohr trade next week then if anything else goes wrong then you will be left with decisions to make on which trade you are unable to do etc. I think it's important to keep trades available in the first 2 rounds prior to price changes. It allows you to fix up mistakes/cover injuries/suspensions etc. By leaving that trade till next week you are allowing yourself only one other trade prior to that crucial pre-pricechange round.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back