Resource DT/SC/Fantasy General Questions Thread 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Just wondering about B Crouch. Damn defense is doing my head in. Brad C means I can eliminate a silly risk down back, but I would like to know what people have heard about him. Is his foot good etc, does he have a 'hot spot' ATM anything. He is a big risk, but he is also a huge reward if he stays fit.

Go Crows :thumbsu: (second team)

Just wondering about B Crouch. Damn defense is doing my head in. Brad C means I can eliminate a silly risk down back, but I would like to know what people have heard about him. Is his foot good etc, does he have a 'hot spot' ATM anything. He is a big risk, but he is also a huge reward if he stays fit.

Go Crows :thumbsu: (second team)

B Crouch got 40 touches in the SANFL on the weekend, he will be in the engine room and has heaps of upside. 30 handballs only downside (DT wise), but he is a connecting player. Will average in the 90s as he is prolific.

B Crouch got 40 touches in the SANFL on the weekend, he will be in the engine room and has heaps of upside. 30 handballs only downside (DT wise), but he is a connecting player. Will average in the 90s as he is prolific.
Thanks. I know he will get a lot of it. I thought he was a contested player? Good points for contested possies. Anyway, I just want to know he is training well and has no 'soreness' or other stuff being reported on at the moment that may make me nervous! :p

Thanks. I know he will get a lot of it. I thought he was a contested player? Good points for contested possies. Anyway, I just want to know he is training well and has no 'soreness' or other stuff being reported on at the moment that may make me nervous! :p
Yep, he gets the ball first, so if contested balls gets more points, all the better. We all hope he is fit and ready to go - and no reports of any fallout from the weekend match...

as far as we know he is good to go, he's in my team.

is there any general consensus on who the good rookie-priced picks might be? Trying to pick through other club's lists and trying to work out who is likely to debut and play more than two games is my least favourite part of this whole process. ATM Kerridge, Brown (Ess) and Milera are the only guys I have any sort of confidence in and I'll probably find a spot for McGovern if he gets picked for Round 1.

is there any general consensus on who the good rookie-priced picks might be? Trying to pick through other club's lists and trying to work out who is likely to debut and play more than two games is my least favourite part of this whole process. ATM Kerridge, Brown (Ess) and Milera are the only guys I have any sort of confidence in and I'll probably find a spot for McGovern if he gets picked for Round 1.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2016-rookies.1119778/page-54#post-43370849

Just go to the last 20 pages and have a read :)

Hey Adelaide fans. Just wanted your thoughts on Reilly O'Brien. If Jacobs goes down (fairly unlikely, right?) with injury, will ROB be first up to replace him? Is he likely to be upgraded to senior list early? What's his job security like if Jacobs doesn't get injured (ie. can he play somewhere other than ruck?)

Thanks!

Hey Adelaide fans. Just wanted your thoughts on Reilly O'Brien. If Jacobs goes down (fairly unlikely, right?) with injury, will ROB be first up to replace him? Is he likely to be upgraded to senior list early? What's his job security like if Jacobs doesn't get injured (ie. can he play somewhere other than ruck?)

Thanks!
O'Brien is looking like a very good ruck prospect but I'd say there is probably a 1% chance at best that he would take the field alongside Jacobs this year (or ever probably).

IF Jacobs were to go down however he would definitely get the call up. Like you mention too though, Jacobs has proven to be very durable and I hope he stays that way ;)

I have my doubts about McGovern even if picked, he's tempting for bottom dollar but even if he plays ok he will probably go out to Cameron R2 - if he plays very well and keeps his spot he can be picked up R2 for the same price.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richard Douglas? Someone dropped him in our elite comp and I'm wondering what the story is with him?
Cheers guys

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Dougy has previously played better after an uninterupted pre-season and this year has been just that, so he's good to go i'd say...

Matt Crouch? I had him in SC after seeing his preseason numbers but having now seen that last year he had a number of high possession games for very low SC scores, I am not so sure. Does he butcher it? If so, is this the year he will turn it around?

Cheers in advance.

Matt Crouch? I had him in SC after seeing his preseason numbers but having now seen that last year he had a number of high possession games for very low SC scores, I am not so sure. Does he butcher it? If so, is this the year he will turn it around?

Cheers in advance.
I have no idea about SC scores but he has a reputation for butchering it that is, IMO, unjustified. So far in his career basically all of his possessions come in contested situations which combined with a direct, contested gameplan has resulted in a fair bit of blind hacking out of packs.

This year, he's had a full pre-season, our game plan has shifted dramatically to a less contested style, and there's no Dangerfield to get all the ball which will mean a) he will get it more, b) he will have the running power to get more of it in space, c) he will kick it more and d) he will use it better.

I don't fantasy footy but if I did, he'd be very near the top of my list of players to target.

Richard Douglas? Someone dropped him in our elite comp and I'm wondering what the story is with him?
Cheers guys

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Dougy has one good year in 3, and sucks the other 2.

In 2010 he won our best and fairest.
In 2013 he came 2nd.

He has never finished in the top 9 of our B&F besides those two years.

This is the year to pick him up.

Where's Mitch Grigg at boys? Thought he played some great footy last season before seemingly falling off the face of the earth and not getting another look in. Didn't get a great look in in NAB 1 when you pumped our seconds side (23dt, 45sc from 19% TOG) and again with 30dt and 25sc in 30% TOG against Freo.

Then he got dropped and played in the SANFL trial match where he had 13 'impressive' disposals in the first half before getting a corkie just on half time and sitting the rest of the game out.

I would have him best 22 if I were on the selection committee, where do you experts think he stands?

Where's Mitch Grigg at boys? Thought he played some great footy last season before seemingly falling off the face of the earth and not getting another look in. Didn't get a great look in in NAB 1 when you pumped our seconds side (23dt, 45sc from 19% TOG) and again with 30dt and 25sc in 30% TOG against Freo.

Then he got dropped and played in the SANFL trial match where he had 13 'impressive' disposals in the first half before getting a corkie just on half time and sitting the rest of the game out.

I would have him best 22 if I were on the selection committee, where do you experts think he stands?
Has all the tools to make it and his kicking skill is one of the best in our squad but there are questions on his 2 way running and attitude. Currently outside our best 22 imo but many would have him in due to his skills which we are a bit light on

Remove this Banner Ad

Back