Duck and Lift!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats basketball
What an amazing thing to feel. This weekend my frustration with pettiness in our game went lower than it has for 20 years.

The shoulder "Duck" arm "Lift" were in general left for what they have been for years a form of cheating for free kicks.

For me faking a push in the back is dirty footy, but "duckanlift" is woeful, and seeing it left made the game not all about free kicks.

Still there were a couple later in the round and there is one umpire, skinny dark haired fellow, needs to lift his game.

Has committed match murdering before today!

What an amazing thing to feel. This weekend my frustration with pettiness in our game went lower than it has for 20 years.

The shoulder "Duck" arm "Lift" were in general left for what they have been for years a form of cheating for free kicks.

For me faking a push in the back is dirty footy, but "duckanlift" is woeful, and seeing it left made the game not all about free kicks.

Still there were a couple later in the round and there is one umpire, skinny dark haired fellow, needs to lift his game.

Dude, you read my mind.

If they can now turn their attention to the 'In the Back' related flops, my frustration and annoyance levels would be dramatically reduced when watching footy.

My only hope is that this isn't just one of the AFL's moronic 'clamp downs' that they ease up on.

Then...it's time to remove the throw from the game. Then I reckon I'd be relatively happy.

Dude, you read my mind.

If they can now turn their attention to the 'In the Back' related flops, my frustration and annoyance levels would be dramatically reduced when watching footy.

My only hope is that this isn't just one of the AFL's moronic 'clamp downs' that they ease up on.

Then...it's time to remove the throw from the game. Then I reckon I'd be relatively happy.

You won't remove the the throw. There is a lot that leads to them being missed. For example, Speed of action and angle of view of the umpire etc etc. Unless you want them to guess. Very easy to look at the replay and say yes or no. AFL would probably rather it flow.

You won't remove the the throw. There is a lot that leads to them being missed. For example, Speed of action and angle of view of the umpire etc etc. Unless you want them to guess. Very easy to look at the replay and say yes or no. AFL would probably rather it flow.

Clearly the AFL would prefer it flow.

I personally despise it.

They need to revert to the original 'ball must be held in one hand, and propelled forward with a clinched fist'.

They're obviously going to miss some still, but that at least removes 90% of the s**t we see currently.

Dude, you read my mind.

Mate, you read my mind!
I have never seen so much throwing posing as handballs ever!

I played soccer all my life and love the game............but I simply can't watch it. Why? the flops, the dives and every other cheating element that prevails. Sadly though, the AFL has celebrated the introduction of the worst of soccer into the game. They've foamed over selwood for a decade and only just realised the staging is a blight on the game.

The MRP should hand out red cards on review of duckandlift, flops etc. With one and two week bans, with the official report being "cheating like a soft soccer player" and recorded alongside the players name, just like AA and BF.

Last edited:
I played soccer all my life and love the game............but I simply can't watch it. Why? the flops, the dives and every other cheating element that prevails. Sadly though, the AFL has celebrating the introduction of the worst of soccer into the game. They've foamed over selwood for a decade and only just realised the staging is a blight on the game.

The MRP should hand out red cards on review of duckandlift, flops etc. With one and two week bans, with the official report being "cheating like a soft soccer player" and recorded alongside the players name, just like AA and BF.
Ive suggested this elsewhere. For players diving also. If on review, fine the player. Accrue for every repeat offence. $1,000 for first, $2,000 for second, $4,000 for third, get to $20,000 and players should be missing games for clearly not learning.

If a player (lets just use the guy in focus right now, Jack Ginnivan) does it 4 times in one game [remember, upon review on Monday], then Jack misses the following week. Maybe if/when he does miss game(s), then it goes back to 0 but clearly something that won't ever be consistently looked at in game.

Ive suggested this elsewhere. For players diving also. If on review, fine the player. Accrue for every repeat offence. $1,000 for first, $2,000 for second, $4,000 for third, get to $20,000 and players should be missing games for clearly not learning.

If a player (lets just use the guy in focus right now, Jack Ginnivan) does it 4 times in one game [remember, upon review on Monday], then Jack misses the following week. Maybe if/when he does miss game(s), then it goes back to 0 but clearly something that won't ever be consistently looked at in game.

oh...........and I don't mind if they do the action, but if they accept the free kick.........they cop the consequence.

That way players aren't penalised for poor umpiring. This is why I'd go straight to a suspension (as well as a fine), as there is a control in which the player has absolute power and ownership.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

oh...........and I don't mind if they do the action, but if they accept the free kick.........they cop the consequence.

That way players aren't penalised for poor umpiring. This is why I'd go straight to a suspension (as well as a fine), as there is a control in which the player has absolute power and ownership.
I don't mind the interpretation in game being called how it looks but the onus will be put back on the player when they continue to do it. Ginnivan will pull himself into line quick smart when he starts missing goes continually

Dude, you read my mind.

Staging has financial penalties and has done for years. We just need the MRO to stop being gutless and start penalising the stagers.

They hand out $1,500 fines like candy for a bit of push and shove where no-one even throws a jumper punch. Staging is a far bigger blight on the game.

The Ginnivan decision that has the media all outraged was a correct decision. He dropped and raised his arm.
With the greatest respect - BULLSH#T!!! He was running flat out into the 50 and the tackler had a green light to neck him. The dog gave him another while they were on the ground which was also duly ignored. People are simply talking sh#t now.

With the greatest respect - BULLSH#T!!! He was running flat out into the 50 and the tackler had a green light to neck him. The dog gave him another while they were on the ground which was also duly ignored. People are simply talking sh#t now.

Boo hoo. He leaned in and raised his arm. It is literally what the AFL said is not acceptable. The one trick pony has been exposed.

Unless he changes his ways he has no career in the AFL anymore.

Boo hoo. He leaned in and raised his arm. It is literally what the AFL said is not acceptable. The one trick pony has been exposed.

Unless he changes his ways he has no career in the AFL anymore.
He'd walk in at Hawthorn.:) He'll be right. 30 goals from a first year small fwd is decent haul

incredibly he's already achieve more in 20 games than you've probably done in sport in your life :)
Is that really incredible Reg? ...really?

This might come as a surprise to you Reg, but I am not actually a professional athlete.

I know right?! Extraordinary. Mind-blowing, inconceivable and incomprehensible that there would be fans of the biggest sport in the country from professions other than sport.

I understand this might be difficult to understand, but you'll get there.

Is that really incredible Reg? ...really?

This might come as a surprise to you Reg, but I am not actually a professional athlete.

I know right?! Extraordinary. Mind-blowing, inconceivable and incomprehensible that there would be fans of the biggest sport in the country from professions other than sport.

I understand this might be difficult to understand, but you'll get there.
I took a punt you weren't. Youre just some pathetic w***er who wants to see people get hurt. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back