Roast * YouTube in their arse holes

Remove this Banner Ad

Speaking as someone who on occasion reads the comments posted below the clips, it would appear that youtube has no end of arseholes.

This could take a while.

Sadly, outside of fair use, the AFL is forced to protect their IP and can't be selective otherwise if they don't it can become harder for them to defend themselves in the future from significant copyright abuse.

YouTube is mostly automated, if someone makes a copyright take down or makes a claim then YouTube takes it down or demonetises the video and the person who uploaded it can challenge it and it will then get reviewed by a human. I think if you have 3 current takedowns the channel is suspended to stop the uploading of more content. There is a process to get the suspension lifted, but I think the takedowns need to be resolved first.

I think most of GR's content falls under fair use, but I am no IP lawyer.

Last edited:
It's the AFL/Seven/Fox that is protecting their rights. The AFL has to be seen as active as part of the deal for TV rights in preventing other channels showing content. They didn't get payed a billion for people to get their footy fix via an alternative channel.
Welcome to the TV rights era.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's the AFL/Seven/Fox that is protecting their rights. The AFL has to be seen as active as part of the deal for TV rights in preventing other channels showing content. They didn't get payed a billion for people to get their footy fix via an alternative channel.
Welcome to the TV rights era.
Only problem is it's only the Dogs and Lions game that they have blocked worldwide this year. The rest are allowed through. They copyright the goals videos but the other games don't get blocked.

Only problem is it's only the Dogs and Lions game that they have blocked worldwide this year. The rest are allowed through. They copyright the goals videos but the other games don't get blocked.

Okay GR, I reckon I have stumbled on to the legal loophole to play this stuff on youtube without them coming down on you.

You need to provide an audio commentary over the clips you post, by way of an analysis. It doesn't need to be long. A short introduction and a short conclusion.

Can someone (in the know - GR, Rick18, others who know Heath) ask Heath and the NMFC media team to either:

a) employ Giantroo to do it officially for NMFC media

or b) do it themselves

or c) get Heath and the team to contact AFL and YouTube to unblock and have permissions to use to promote both the club and game we all love!?

Surely, commonsense can prevail!?

Ps. I always look forward to watching the videos after our games, I share them with my kids all the time to discuss how NMFC are the best team in the world! My kids don’t always watch the games with me. I would also like to note we don’t have Facebook in our family either so we are reliant on YouTube, Twitter, Bigfooty and NMFC website for all media relating to North.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Can someone (in the know - GR, Rick18, others who know Heath) ask Heath and the NMFC media team to either:

a) employ Giantroo to do it officially for NMFC media

Personally, I wouldn't want to see our better contributors work for the club, as their objectivity would very likely be compromised.

Folks should never EVER forget that the people that once ran this club were in favor of shipping us off to the Gold Coast, and it was the INDEPENDENCE of this board that played a major rallying point for resistance to the plan.

If this place wasn't here, and independent, North may not exist today.

Lucky for you lot if you have it on facebook.

I've never had a facebook account and don't intend to start now.

Same as me, we should start our own not facebook site where all us upstanding citizens can post cat gifs, kids wiping their own arses for the first time type stories.

I think most of GR's content falls under fair use, but I am no IP lawyer.

Yeah nah, it doesn’t. So the only way GR would have to clear the 3 strikes is to ask the AFL to withdraw its claim. Chances of that happening are remote.

Yeah nah, it doesn’t. So the only way GR would have to clear the 3 strikes is to ask the AFL to withdraw its claim. Chances of that happening are remote.

People have successfully claimed fair use in court by using copyrighted images and just adding their own logo to it... so the legal field is quite complex.

Personally, I wouldn't want to see our better contributors work for the club, as their objectivity would very likely be compromised.

Folks should never EVER forget that the people that once ran this club were in favor of shipping us off to the Gold Coast, and it was the INDEPENDENCE of this board that played a major rallying point for resistance to the plan.

If this place wasn't here, and independent, North may not exist today.

Agree with what you said Snake but it would be nice if the club could pick up all our goals video instead of just the highlights. It’s a great idea and a damn shame if it’s not allowed to continue.

Agree with what you said Snake but it would be nice if the club could pick up all our goals video instead of just the highlights. It’s a great idea and a damn shame if it’s not allowed to continue.

It can continue, we just need to look at ways around the situation, as has been already mentioned by a few posters.

I am strongly in favor of the likes of Rick18's tactical analysis, SMaturin cultural input, Giantroo's media etc, ansonholts VFL commentaries etc., maintaining their analytical and artistic independence.

In fact, a dedicated blog should be set up for them to combine the input of the better contributors.

There's more talent on this board than on the club website. It's just that you have to wade through the crap here as well.

Just add abit of elevator music in the background and call it something like random I think that might help?

It can continue, we just need to look at ways around the situation, as has been already mentioned by a few posters.

I am strongly in favor of the likes of Rick18's tactical analysis, SMaturin cultural input, Giantroo's media etc, ansonholts VFL commentaries etc., maintaining their analytical and artistic independence.

In fact, a dedicated blog should be set up for them to combine the input of the better contributors.

There's more talent on this board than on the club website. It's just that you have to wade through the crap here as well.
I like the idea of compiling an eBook at the end of the year, if Rick18 SMaturin Roozee are agreeable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back