Last of the Roys

Premiership Player
Sep 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy Football Club
Thank you Nicholls et al. and the AFL for one of the most disgracefully biased displays of umpiring in history.

You ARSEHOLES still couldn't steal it from us. How does it feel you bald w***er? How does it feel?

If Rocky was giving the finger to the umps in the middle in the end, I think we should all put in to pay the fine.

Two almost concussed players in the last two minutes and not a free in sight, yet those ****ers duck and throw their arms up all day and get given the world. This my friends is SWEET ****ING JUSTICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a load of s**t. You beat us fare and square but you need to take a look at yourselves if your whinging about the umpires.

It's at your home ground for god sake, or do we pay the umpires off there too?

Let me know when Drummond strolls 10m along the boundary, gets caught, drops the ball and it still goes up your end for a goal, and i'll tune in for another debate on umpiring.

You beat us because of that Rangar.

LOL, being at the Gabba has nothing to do with it. It was an absolute disgrace and I agree, I hope someone takes aim at them, I'll chip in for the fine. Have to make sure we let the AFL know that we won't sit idle and let this kind of rot fly, especially from someone who puts us to the sword on a consistent basis.

I've seen some bad umpiring, but nothing as blatant as that. They picked out every single one for the Eagles (and granted, most were there) but we just about had our heads ripped off and got nothing. It wasn't missed 50/50 calls or a bad day for the umps, was blatant denying us free kicks. Counted 5 goals from free kicks for the Eagles.

To the Eagles poster, learn your place, we aren't having a personal stab at your team, it's the umpires, this is our board and we can complain about umpiring if we wish.

West Coast are a bunch of knee dropping, head ducking, free kick milking, cheats. Happy?

PS he does have a point. The ducking was laughable. Seems the new 'in' thing isn't to drop the ball in the tackle, it's to simple go limp and drop to the ground milking a high or in the back tackle.

Nov 4, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
What a load of s**t. You beat us fare and square but you need to take a look at yourselves if your whinging about the umpires.

Let me know when Drummond strolls 10m along the boundary, gets caught, drops the ball and it still goes up your end for a goal, and i'll tune in for another debate on umpiring.

Ease back mate, we are giving the umpires a bake, not your team. This one in particular has a habit of denying our frees. If you can't handle Lions fans having a crack at the umps on our own board, don't look or post here.

Mar 27, 2006
Bribie Island
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Aussie Cricket Team

Crap !!!

Feb 3, 2008
perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
19th man was bog in the third. 10 kicks and 4 goals. this bloke will go close to the brownlow. the eagles are pathetic and have been gifted a premiership with an easy draw and usually 10 more frees a week, good to see them lose to the lions

paulige

Club Legend
Jul 26, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

FYI, the eagles have a HUGE differential in free kicks paid for, away from home- by a mile the biggest in the competition.

Also, the Drummond incident wasn't a free because the ball was 'knocked out in the tackle'. Surprised none of the commentators picked up on it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Third quarter was unbelievable. They were just plucking them from everywhere for the Eagles.

That the boys were able to get their heads back in the game after that was a huge positive. Would have been so easy to drop their heads.

patfullfankezz

Puhuhuhuhu!
Jul 28, 2011
Brisbane!
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Brisbane Heat, Wigan Athletic
Whenever I hear/see the word "ducking" I get this song in my head:

[youtube]-5fQ0s_aULI[/youtube]

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
The umpiring today was atrocious and mainly favoured West Coast as per usual, not surprised your supporters were booing, so they should.

How that wasn't a head high free kick to Green in the last minute is beyond belief, Glass will probably be on report for that. It was similar to Milne getting tripped by a Richmond player on Friday night which will probably also be a report but wasn't a free kick on the night.

Where do the AFL get these umpires from? Clown school? Unbelievable some of the ridiculous decisions and non decisions they come up with. It's beyond a joke and it is costing teams games, we have been on the wrong end of terrible umpiring a number of times this year and it's probably cost us at least a couple of wins. It's not just bad umpiring but borderline bias and rigging of results.

Oct 13, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
The non-free to Green for getting his head taken off was the icing on the cake.

FFS, that was a free 25 years ago when they gave the "hitters" a lot more latitude.

Some serious questions have be asked as to how all three muppets suffered simultaneous temporary blindness.:mad:

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
Now is the week to get this Nicholls s**t sorted for all time. If we lost, we'd just be dismissed as bitter cranks, but speaking from a position of victory, it will carry more weight.

Voss flagged in his press conference that he was going to ask a few questions of the umpiring department, and I think we should do the same.

Every time he comes up here, Nicholls reduces a normally passive Gabba crowd into a mob roaring in utter anguish and disbelief. That is no coincidence.

I think it is a disgrace that a former employee of the club is allowed to umpire our games. I don't know how his employment with the club ceased, perhaps he is bitter and is out to punish us, perhaps he is scared of looking pro-Lions and overcompensates as a result.

Either way, he has proven himself incapable of officiating our games correctly, and that, combined with the fact he is a previous employee of the club asks serious questions of integrity.

It is time for us to email the Giesch and (politely and rationally) ask for our concerns to be considered.

Jan 25, 2002
East Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Cincinnati Bengals
They will forever be the West Coast Armchairs to me from here, as that is the ride they get from the umpires.

You can't blame a few of them from staging because they continually get rewarded for it. Kerr and Priddis I really rate as footballers, so I can accept them getting a few cheap frees because they miss a few they earn. Masten, Gaff, Hams and the other sheep dogs have barely a hard ball get between them and stage all the time. It sickens me they get rewarded for it.

I think it is a disgrace that a former employee of the club is allowed to umpire our games. I don't know how his employment with the club ceased, perhaps he is bitter and is out to punish us, perhaps he is scared of looking pro-Lions and overcompensates as a result.

quote]

Was not aware of this....please explain...the AFL umpiring department is very easy to contact....

The non-free to Green for getting his head taken off was the icing on the cake.

FFS, that was a free 25 years ago when they gave the "hitters" a lot more latitude.

Some serious questions have be asked as to how all three muppets suffered simultaneous temporary blindness.:mad:

Lester also had his neck stretched in the 1st, maybe 2nd. Lucky for the umpires, especially Nichols that beer is served at the gabba in cups and not bottles.

bugalugs213

Premiership Player
Sep 24, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Only watched from the third quarter on Lions seemed to lose most 50/50 calls.
Brown was getting mauled every contest didn't help either.
I'd hope umpires get dropped for s**t form cos normally it'd cost a team a game.

DrummoSolo

All Australian
Feb 8, 2010
Geelong
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Aston Villa
Now is the week to get this Nicholls s**t sorted for all time. If we lost, we'd just be dismissed as bitter cranks, but speaking from a position of victory, it will carry more weight.

Voss flagged in his press conference that he was going to ask a few questions of the umpiring department, and I think we should do the same.

Every time he comes up here, Nicholls reduces a normally passive Gabba crowd into a mob roaring in utter anguish and disbelief. That is no coincidence.

Either way, he has proven himself incapable of officiating our games correctly, and that, combined with the fact he is a previous employee of the club asks serious questions of integrity.

It is time for us to email the Giesch and (politely and rationally) ask for our concerns to be considered.

Where would one find his e-mail address?

Jan 25, 2002
East Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Cincinnati Bengals

quote]

Was not aware of this....please explain...the AFL umpiring department is very easy to contact....

Nichols was one of the Lions Victorian employees in a Sales/Marketing capacity. Don't believe there was anything sinister when he finished, and was a good bloke back then.

Obviously much better in that role than as an umpire though. He is incompetent with a whistle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back