Ducking Crucified!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Naitanui was given plenty of leverage to climb all over Hudson during the final minutes.

Hams has the weakest knees in the west, needs to talk the club physio, as he can't seem to support his body weight...

Hopefully Glass gets weeks for his rubbish. How the umpire missed it was baffling.

I really wish the umpires would treat Browny in marking contests like they treat Dean Cox in rucking contests... He'd be unbackable for the Coleman!

They were all pretty sick of it, you could see their body language. The few HTB's that were called up forward and the guys just threw their hands in the air. Same for rocky when he was clearly held by a fist full of jumper and got nothing.

As for the snagglepuss voice, that was totally how i heard it in my head the first time i read it.

No other player in the game cops a mauling like Brown does on a weekly basis for so little reward. If Chris Judd had to cop the same treatment he'd be getting double figure frees.

I'm not sure what the answer is to it, but it frustrates me to no end seeing Brown molested in front of umpires, then all of a sudden Hudson's hand slides onto Cox's shoulder as he turns to chase the ball, and the whistle is out straight away.
Sickening.

Rog gave Nicholls a fair serve at half time about the Eagles rucks taking possession of the ball from throw-ins, being grabbed, and not penalised. So I'd imagine more than a few boys had their say throughout the afternoon.

Rog gave Nicholls a fair serve at half time about the Eagles rucks taking possession of the ball from throw-ins, being grabbed, and not penalised. .

Happened twice in the last minute of the second quarter.

Quite possibly that "serve" actually backfired on us.

I firmly believe Nicholls is a vindictive basket.

Seen it all before when he has us at the Gabba....gets his jollies by being a total contrarian tool...dare to question him and he'll punish you:mad::mad:

Happened twice in the last minute of the second quarter.

Quite possibly that "serve" actually backfired on us.

I firmly believe Nicholls is a vindictive basket.

Seen it all before when he has us at the Gabba....gets his jollies by being a total contrarian tool...dare to question him and he'll punish you:mad::mad:

'Vindictive basket' seems to be the nicest term I heard used for the clown today.

He needs serious analysis from Umpire HQ. His performances with us are beyond suspect.

Look at the statistics over the last decade and you will see a clear correlation between free's for and ladder position, and the converse for free's against.

Funny that, when you averaged the most frees for/game in 2010, the year you won the spoon.

And had the second highest average in 2008, the year you finished second last.

On this point about the umpires, if you're on Twitter and you have a particular example you want Giesch to make apologies about on his show, then tweet @AFL with the #yourcall hashtag and let them know. I've tweeted the Green one at the end but it's worthwhile possibly asking about one of the times that Browny got monstered and didn't get a free but I can't think of when those incidents happened in the game.

On this point about the umpires, if you're on Twitter and you have a particular example you want Giesch to make apologies about on his show, then tweet @AFL with the #yourcall hashtag and let them know. I've tweeted the Green one at the end but it's worthwhile possibly asking about one of the times that Browny got monstered and didn't get a free but I can't think of when those incidents happened in the game.

Yep, just tweeted about Ash and Green, but I'm wondering what the bes way to word the Brownie concerns would be? The examples are pretty diffuse, and it would be difficult to bring this one up without being vague.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, just tweeted about Ash and Green, but I'm wondering what the bes way to word the Brownie concerns would be? The examples are pretty diffuse, and it would be difficult to bring this one up without being vague.

Hmm true. Need to check out the replay really.

Well done Lions, you beat Johnny's tankers with them having an extra player.

So many times in today's game I saw nothing that would warrant a free kick, I would hear a whistle and knew immediately which way it would go, absolute disgrace. I knew Green wouldnt get a free despite being nearly concussed, but if it was an Eagle forward that whistle would have been smoking. Kudos to Riccuito for continually bringing up the free kick count usually commentators are silent I suspect for fear of a phone call from the walrus Andy D.

Week after week West Coast seemingly get the 50/50's in their favour and even the not so 50/50's. Remember the Hawthorn game where they got a crucial htb in the dying minutes when both an Eagle and Hawk had equal hands on the ball, one of the more ridiculous decisions in recent times. Are the Eagles players instructed to be polite to the umps on and off the field hence the treatment?

One that stands out in my mind is when Masten and Mcginnity were involved in a 2 on 1 contest with Brown, and Masten grabbed his arm and Mcginnity ran straight at Browny with his eyes not on the ball. Mcginnity's elbow made contact with Browny's neck/shoulder and if it had been slightly higher Browny would have been back in hospital for a few weeks with another fractured jaw:mad::thumbed:

This happened in the 1st half but I can't remember what quarter.

One that stands out in my mind is when Masten and Mcginnity were involved in a 2 on 1 contest with Brown, and Masten grabbed his arm and Mcginnity ran straight at Browny with his eyes not on the ball. Mcginnity's elbow made contact with Browny's neck/shoulder and if it had been slightly higher Browny would have been back in hospital for a few weeks with another fractured jaw:mad::thumbed:

I almost ripped my laptop in half over that. I couldn't believe it. Words do not describe how scared my cat was of me at that point.

I was curious, so had a squiz at the 'frees for' table:

WC: 241
Port: 210
GWS: 208
Stk: 203
Ess: 193
Syd: 190
Bris: 188
Nor: 184
Haw: 183
Ric: 183
Gee: 182
Fre: 177
WBD: 176
Mel: 174
Ade: 165
Col: 161
Car: 150
GC: 149

Look at the statistics over the last decade and you will see a clear correlation between free's for and ladder position, and the converse for free's against.

Based on the above list versus your theory, you'd need to work out how to explain to me the current ladder positions of:
Collingwood
Carlton
Adelaide
Port Adel
GWS
And possibly:
StKilda
Brisbane

My point - clearly its an Eagles tactic. Clearly full marks to them for working out a deliberate act of skill that results in them being paid free kicks under the current interpretation, or as I like to describe it, fooling the umpires into interpreting that a genuine tackle is illegal. I wish my team was clever enough to be able to do that as well as often that the Eagles players do it.

But I can't handle it when a tackle in the middle of the body including arms gets paid as high when the player tackled deliberately drops to his knees or lifts his arms so that the tacklers arms get pushed up, versus the scenarios late in the game when blokes clearly get their heads knocked off, there are three umpires watching it and not one of them pays it - near concussion.

Someone post the video of it, please.

The AFL says that the Umps don't "throw away the whistle" in the dying minutes of a close game. Well after yesterday, they either do, or they are complete idiots. Which one is it Geish?

First quarter. First ten minutes I think. What was frustrating is how many FKs the Eagles received in marking contests throughout the game.

There really were two different standards out there yesterday.

My response from Jeff this morning:

Cheers Andrew, take your point on some of your comments.

Still working through the game but clearly there were some mistakes by our boys.

This will have an impact on their assessment, ranking and selection. No-one is more disappointed than the umpires themselves and us when the performance is not to the expected level.

Keep up your passion.

Regards,

Jeff

I'm glad that there is at least some acknowledgement. May we never see Nicholls again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back