Dudded by League pass this season? Telstra is offering full refunds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Timberwolves, Crystal Palace
https://www.accc.gov.au/media-release/telstra-offers-refunds-for-afl-live-pass

“The ACCC was concerned that footy fans may have subscribed or renewed subscriptions to the AFL Live Pass thinking that they could continue watching live AFL matches in full-screen on a tablet, when this was not the case,” ACCC Chairman Rod Sims said.

“Some footy fans were locked into a Telstra subscription before the screen size restriction took effect. When businesses make changes to the subscription terms of goods or services, customers should be clearly notified of the change so people are able to make an informed decision about whether to continue their subscription,” Mr Sims said.

I'm absolutely taking advantage, annoyed the hell out of me it was locked to a phone resolution and i couldnt watch it on my tablet full screen.

I'ld recommend you please take the same action

https://www.accc.gov.au/media-release/telstra-offers-refunds-for-afl-live-pass

I'm absolutely taking advantage, annoyed the hell out of me it was locked to a phone resolution and i couldnt watch it on my tablet full screen.

I'ld recommend you please take the same action

Telstra has to be one of the dodgiest business in Australia. Either that or it is simply incompetent. Probably both.

I've waited 10 months and counting, for a phone and internet connection to be connected and billed correctly. It is almost like they are new to the phone business.

Fortunately their incompetence means they are financially liable.

From reading the details, you can only apply for a refund if you bought the pass before January 31 2017...

Telstra has to be one of the dodgiest business in Australia. Either that or it is simply incompetent. Probably both.

I've waited 10 months and counting, for a phone and internet connection to be connected and billed correctly. It is almost like they are new to the phone business.

They are a bloody shocking to deal with. We have Telstra cable and it's decent but they never send any bills out. All we get is overdue notices for those same bills that we're never sent. What a bunch of clowns.

They are flat out dodgy - and incompetent. Its a great combination.

I am having a heart attack.....

Has the ACCC decided to become relevant?
The Telstra CEO has publicly said they have a big customer service and therefore satisfaction problem and they will fix it. They have also announced a dividend cut and have unhappy shareholders. They can't afford to keep losing market share.
If you are unhappy with anything at Telstra make a complain and ask for a better deal. If you want more download capacity, ask for it. If your contract is up don't just let it roll over.

Thanks for sharing - will definitely pursue this...was mightily pissed off and watching games on mobile really is a shitty experience.

Similar issue. Had a telstra texh come out. Go in. Explain its a huge issuem needs his manager to ok it. May need to do some work inside the roof. Saying they needed to put in some cable ect. It had been torn. "its like they didnt put the cable in. Now its an issue. We'll get back to you"

Sparkie came in. Simply air con installers just unplugged something in the roof. Plugged it back in. Apologised he had to charge a callout fee for it. Said if i knew a sparkie may of cost me a six pack

Telstra are ****ed.

They are flat out dodgy - and incompetent. Its a great combination.

they were trying to enforce a contract that even their sales person admitted was falsely and misrepresented. The sales guy took the equipment away, apologised and said he would have it all sorted out. Unfortunately he quit and Telstra claimed the contract was on foot despite taking away the equipment.

Their position is the contract explicitly states when a person signs for the goods that the customer accepts all past wrong doings are voided.

My position from here was OK, no worries..........here's the deal. Void the contract and give me $5k per month until it is resolved or let's test every customers contract as to whether Telstra's contracts are a breach of trade practices and contract law. Oh and any individual representing Testra wants to dispute my rights, come forward and put it in writing with your name and I will sue you personally for $220,000 for denying my rights. If you're not prepared to respond in writing, then pass it up to the board and get them to sign off on Telstra's position. This of course is on top of any action the ombudsmen may consider appropriate.

Suddenly Telstra's attitude changed.

It frustrates me they think they can get away with deceptive conduct (which in my opinion is fraud) and only behave when they become personally liable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back