Toast Duggan already our best player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Great first game (well not as the sub). His footy brain stood out in our team, which probably highlights one of the issues with WC at the moment. I think the rest has been covered, but I was surprised how inside he played and also that Simpson was happy to throw him into the centre bounces so early on.

What I admired was how he kept going for the ball to force a ball up despite knowing he'd get crushed. Did it at least 4 times.

Impressive balls for someone so young and slight.

He looks like cousins too and is the same height. Maybe he is his love child.

Is taller than Cousins surely. I'd rather see optimistic people than people sooking anyway.

Cousins was 179cm
Duggan is listed at 183 cm, however Andrew Embley reckons he has grown since then and is up to about 188cm. Will be interesting to see his next height update on our official website, well as long as they don't ball it up like McGovern.

Something that I am enjoying at the moment is that it is almost the changing of the guard. Priddis was off half back most of the game, with Yeo, Duggan, sheed etc thru the middle.

I hope they get a heap of game time this year. Will be good in years to come

Cousins was 179cm
Duggan is listed at 183 cm, however Andrew Embley reckons he has grown since then and is up to about 188cm. Will be interesting to see his next height update on our official website, well as long as they don't ball it up like McGovern.
What happened with Mcgovern?

Did anyone see on draft day the eagles listed all of our new draftees as 40 years old?

What happened with Mcgovern?

Did anyone see on draft day the eagles listed all of our new draftees as 40 years old?

Eagles website listed him at 189cm, one poster on here took this as gospel and said he'd never make it as he was under 190cm. Others on here who had seen him in person as well as seen other measurements of him were insisting he was at least 3-4cm taller, but said original poster refused to believe otherwise.

Became a running joke in the WAFL thread, and the next year the Eagles updated his height to 195cm so original poster had egg on his face. Mind you same guy was also talking down McGovern last year saying he was a flash in the pan, so he seemed to have some grudge aginst him.

Don't want to be the "KillJoy" here but his kicking technique is fraught with "Auskick" style bad habits. It may be too late to take the tipping out of his ball drop...hell knows I failed to get my eldest boy to stop doing it, but yes the kid can find it alright.

Don't want to be the "KillJoy" here but his kicking technique is fraught with "Auskick" style bad habits. It may be too late to take the tipping out of his ball drop...hell knows I failed to get my eldest boy to stop doing it, but yes the kid can find it alright.
His disposal is fine. Very good in fact. On both sides. Your concern is unnecessary

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still adjusting at times to the tempo, but already looks like he belongs out there. The more cemented he feels in the team, the more he'll improve. Had a quality game against GWS. Still, don't expect him to stand up against flag contenders anytime soon. But Duggan's future looks bright, he looks better than Sheed actually.

Really liked his footy smarts.

Should have had a goal in the 3rd but the handball from cripps was a shocker and the ball took an unfortunate high bounce that made soccering the ball too hard. Still made sure the GWS player didn't get the ball over the goal line for a point though as his tackle made sure the ball stayed in play

Some of his possessions were wasted because he handballed / kicked to where his teammate should have been but they were too slow to react. His right foot pass to jk in the 1st was a thing of beauty

A thing of beauty
is a joy forever.
It's loveliness increases.
It will never pass
into nothingness.

John Keats.

Big call that one, the Judd/Cousins/Kerr combo isn't just our best midfield but arguably the best the competition has seen so to compare the current setup to that is a bit unfair.
I'm not talking about the midfield combo but Duggan as an individual player. I don't think the group is anywhere near Judd et al. at this stage although Simmo seems to be quietly building something.

I am not saying that Duggan will be as good as Kerr or Judd, a big call that, but that he is a better prospect than any since, think Selwood, Masten, Shuey, Gaff, Priddis etc.

Anyone else think Duggan looks like Marky Mark?
hqdefault.jpg

The best thing about Duggan is that he is likely to make the other mid tier players extract the digit.

In 2011 when Darling was showing senior players how to chase and tackle in his debut, guys like Embley and Nicoski started to lift, hence we had a good season.

Hopefully Duggan keeps it up and we see guys like Wellingham and Masten do the same

The best thing about Duggan is that he is likely to make the other mid tier players extract the digit.

In 2011 when Darling was showing senior players how to chase and tackle in his debut, guys like Embley and Nicoski started to lift, hence we had a good season.

Hopefully Duggan keeps it up and we see guys like Wellingham and Masten do the same

I don't disagree with you, but if that was the case it'd be a massive statement about the current state of leadership at the club right now.

I liked his composure when he got the ball. Didn't just bang out first option like throw it on the boot or handball to someone with a couple of opposition hanging off them.
Could stand up in a tackle and keep his arms free.

Early days yes, but early signs point to the A-grade midfielder we have been craving.

I'm not talking about the midfield combo but Duggan as an individual player. I don't think the group is anywhere near Judd et al. at this stage although Simmo seems to be quietly building something.

I am not saying that Duggan will be as good as Kerr or Judd, a big call that, but that he is a better prospect than any since, think Selwood, Masten, Shuey, Gaff, Priddis etc.
I think this is becoming more evident.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back