MRP / Trib. Duggan tackle

Remove this Banner Ad

lmao, the entire degoey defense is
  • I did it, accept responsibility so please go light on me.
  • Also it was a split second decision and I did the bump wrong, plus he was running fast too so it's not all my fault.
and lastly
- The media is mean to me and it's making me feel bad so that should reduce the sentence please.

lmao, the entire degoey defense is
  • I did it, accept responsibility so please go light on me.
  • Also it was a split second decision and I did the bump wrong, plus he was running fast too so it's not all my fault.
and lastly
- The media is mean to me and it's making me feel bad so that should reduce the sentence please.

Embarrassing stuff

A week skinny IMO.
Name a player that isn't remorseful?

Didn't even have the minerals to phone him.
Sent a text.

Three matches for De Goey​

The Tribunal has decided on a three-match suspension for De Goey.

Chairman Jeff Gleeson said it was an "appropriate" penalty and took into account De Goey's remorse.

3 weeks is exactly what I thought he’d get.

Hopefully Hewett doesn’t have lingering effects.

Kysiah Pickett +1 week for concussion outcome. The problem is they set the benchmark too low at two weeks for that sort of action.

3 weeks feels about right, maybe a bit light on compared with some others, but I'm glad it wasn't seen as just a week or two.

Kysiah Pickett +1 week for concussion outcome. The problem is they set the benchmark too low at two weeks for that sort of action.

3 weeks feels about right, maybe a bit light on compared with some others, but I'm glad it wasn't seen as just a week or two.
Yep, it was a 4 weeka for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tom Delonge Wtf GIF by Justin
Now that's a MFn GIF!

Not just the soft cap fee but also legal fees and time commitment from Liam (assuming well enough) and club officials.

We might even rack up a bit of goodwill with the AFL for not wasting their time. Could help next time.

A no brainer to withdraw imo.

Apparently David Grace QC (or KC if it's that now) said he didn't like our chances due to "lack of squirting". Not sure how to take that.

exactly right - when is a player not going to show remorse? Why make it a discount? Perhaps you add a week on if a player is blatantly unremorseful (will never happen).

Wow. How a decision to bump in a situation where a tackle could be laid could be anything but intentional is bewildering. It's an intentional decision to inflict injury on a player.

exactly right - when is a player not going to show remorse? Why make it a discount? Perhaps you add a week on if a player is blatantly unremorseful (will never happen).

High contact: + 1 week
Careless conduct: + 1
High impact: + 1
Remorse face: - 1

IIRC early guilty pleas were removed? (and rightly so) But now we have an absolutely made up on the spot 'remorse discount'. GTFO AFL.

For the record 3-4 weeks is about right to me anyway.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back