Dumbest Thing Ever Said By a Footballer

Remove this Banner Ad

Glen "Galaxy" Coleman was a bit fo a space cadet in his playing days.

After training one day his car wouldn't start, so a teammate said he had some rope, "I'll just tow your car home. Where do you live?"
Coleman says "I'll give you directions on the way"

They had to explain to him that he would still need to be in his car being towed to steer it.

Careful mate. He might hit you up with a video of his own highlights reel.

Fan: "There aren't enough characters in the game anymore"
*Player shows character*
Fan: "I don't like it"

Sure Tex sounds dopey as * but he's what people like to say they want footballers to be like.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Playing the Dogs on a wet Friday night in 2010, Dean Bailey was being interviewed by Watson at half time after a lacklustre start to the game by Melbourne.

'We just have to get the ball in our ******* F50'

Would love an explanation as to why Hawks fans are still so upset that David King tipped against them in the 2014 GF, and why it belongs in the 'dumbest things EVER' thread?

1) Pretty sure Swans were favourites or near favourites - they were tipped by plenty
2) If you can prove you've got every GF tip you've made correct, I retract my statement but getting a GF tip wrong is not ******* dumb, it's inevitable
3) Why so upset when I haven't seen anything from King to suggest he hates Hawthorn or anything - he merely tipped against them that one time

Would love an explanation as to why Hawks fans are still so upset that David King tipped against them in the 2014 GF, and why it belongs in the 'dumbest things EVER' thread?

1) Pretty sure Swans were favourites or near favourites - they were tipped by plenty
2) If you can prove you've got every GF tip you've made correct, I retract my statement but getting a GF tip wrong is not ******* dumb, it's inevitable
3) Why so upset when I haven't seen anything from King to suggest he hates Hawthorn or anything - he merely tipped against them that one time

He tipped them by 68

That's a 22 goal turn around

Remove this Banner Ad

Back