Dunkley and the other players

Remove this Banner Ad

Have no doubt there will be an Essendon jumper hanging on his locker when he turns up for preseason training - we did something similar with Lin Jong when he was courted by the Magpies. Typical club room banter to break the ice and then down to the business of winning premierships.

Think he'll be very happy it didn't go through in a few months time. Does leave a little sour taste in your mouth but that's business. He's professional and will come back and want to prove a point.

We tell Andrew Dunkley to never set foot in the club again. campaigner of a person.
What makes you say this? :confused:

I’ve got a theory. So back to mid-season draft. Kyle is playing well at Footscray and there’s a little bit of talk we might pick him. This of course doesn’t occur and he is picked by Melbourne, which possibly upsets the Dunkley clan. Andrew at the time while being interviewed makes the (ambiguous) comment that he hopes they’ll play together one day. I found it an odd comment to make considering Kyle had only just been drafted then and there and Josh was contracted to the dogs. Has there been a concerted effort since the mid-season draft to unite the brothers at the same club?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If, and I repeat if there was any truth to the issue of him being dissatisfied with certain players being unprofessional then I'm sure that those players will know by inference who he's referring to. This could pan out in two ways: those players hold a grudge against Dunkley, at least for a period of time, for making those accusations, or those same players realise that there was some truth in what he was saying and become determined to knuckle down and prove to everyone that they are professional.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve got a theory. So back to mid-season draft. Kyle is playing well at Footscray and there’s a little bit of talk we might pick him. This of course doesn’t occur and he is picked by Melbourne, which possibly upsets the Dunkley clan. Andrew at the time while being interviewed makes the (ambiguous) comment that he hopes they’ll play together one day. I found it an odd comment to make considering Kyle had only just been drafted then and there and Josh was contracted to the dogs. Has there been a concerted effort since the mid-season draft to unite the brothers at the same club?
Melbourne picked before us, we never had the chance

The bad old days of what's best for players rather than what's best for the Club are gone. If Essendon had been prepared to hand over 2 first rounds, Dunkley would have gone. Stringer, Dahlhaus, Roughhead, the Club is prepared to move on good players who aren't committed. If Dunkley was the sort who's performance would be dictated by the sulks, Beveridge, Power & co would have worked it out by now and have let him go to Essendon. He'll be fine.

Nah mate Bevo's done with him and Bont is not impressed with him either.
If Bevo was done with him, he would've been traded. It'll be fine. And if next year there are any attitude problems that need to be sorted out, the team has more than enough midfield depth to play him in the reserves until he changes it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back