Dunkley and the other players

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Oh boo ******* hoo.. people calling his Dad names because he clearly loves his son and wants what is best for HIM obviously don't have kids.. I'd be doing the same thing for my sons and be unashamed, as I'm sure Andrew is.. hope even more that we get him next year, sounds like an absolute ripper..
His Dad clearly loves money.

Hobdog

Premiership Player
May 20, 2007
Canberra
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Oh boo ******* hoo.. people calling his Dad names because he clearly loves his son and wants what is best for HIM obviously don't have kids.. I'd be doing the same thing for my sons and be unashamed, as I'm sure Andrew is.. hope even more that we get him next year, sounds like an absolute ripper..

You do realise that the only reasons he wanted to go to your once proud club were for the money and the opportunity to look like a Rolls Royce in your extremely poor midfield? Let’s not kid ourselves that there is any other attraction to playing for Essendon. Very difficult when you still feel entitled to act like a fan of a big powerful club when deep down you know the notion is no longer supported by reality.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Or as a Dad, you know that your son is pissed off because he knows he's much better played in the guts than the guys being played there, he is clearly a winner with a winner mentality and knows he can help the team win games when played in his position and for some reason the ******* coach has other ideas (which are obviously wrong) and continues to cost the team games because of his pigheadedness.. so Dad doesn't want said ******* coach ruining his Sons career, especially when better opportunities are presented, both position wise and financially.

How good is it drinking bomber tears on a Sunday!!!!??

Made my week.

Generation West

Team Captain
Oct 15, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Let's just hope your sh*t coach plays him out of position again, costs you guys games, drives his price down and all will be right with the world. #inbevowetrust 😂
Hmmmm - you really aren't very good at this are you. He is contracted so the price is what we say it is. So Dunks is played out of position because of the strength of our midfield, yet he walks in to your rabble of a football club as clearly the number 1 onballer and highest paid player. You could have had him but you didn't want to pay the price. We might kick 25 in a row against you next year.

Sep 17, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Let's just hope your sh*t coach plays him out of position again, costs you guys games, drives his price down and all will be right with the world. #inbevowetrust 😂
You had your only chance this year but your football club * is systemically weak and not prepared to make brave decisions.

Isn’t it great that you could be a 20 year old Essendon supporter * and have absolutely no memory of a finals victory!

Essendon * are the laughing stock that keeps giving! Ship off back to your on board shags

Feb 11, 2008
West Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Must these imbeciles keep proving my rule. Not one original idea in their presumably freakishly small heads too.

What a shame that dope wouldn't pay the price, I Hird you wanted a Weapon to inject into your paper thin midfield.

Dank you very much. I'll see myself out.

Golden_6

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Had no issue with that interview. Was not sulking, was quite practical and sounded genuine in his desire to help the team in 2021.
I really can’t understand how people could be upset about the interview. It was basically the stock standard answers that everyone wanted to hear from Dunkley himself. It sounds like all parties have spoken and moved on, and now it’s back to business.

He’s not exactly going to come out and profess his love for the club.

Feb 11, 2008
West Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
He’s not exactly going to come out and profess his love for the club.
Why not? He could have easily explained that it was an excellent opportunity but is still happy to be where he is.
Instead we got him chiding the club for making it hard for him to leave and him sounding like he'd rather be anywhere but at the club. Horrible optics. Want him gone at years end for a good price.

Bulldogs Legend

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
You do realise that the only reasons he wanted to go to your once proud club were for the money and the opportunity to look like a Rolls Royce in your extremely poor midfield? Let’s not kid ourselves that there is any other attraction to playing for Essendon. Very difficult when you still feel entitled to act like a fan of a big powerful club when deep down you know the notion is no longer supported by reality.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He was attracted by the thought of joining Adam Cooney in the bomber past player functions where they can reminisce about their 4 wins

This and the Treloar business are making me love football less. It's turning into soccer. In soccer, the whole team can change in the course of the year & the days of the 500 game player are gone, or are very rare. Players move around like pawns on the chessboard, especially if there's a financial difficulty. I don't know why this affair had to be so public. Essendon and Dunkley end up with egg on their faces and both sets of fans feel pissed off. It saddens me.

D Mitchell

Premiership Player
Jul 28, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray Football Club
This and the Treloar business are making me love football less. It's turning into soccer. In soccer, the whole team can change in the course of the year & the days of the 500 game player are gone, or are very rare. Players move around like pawns on the chessboard, especially if there's a financial difficulty. I don't know why this affair had to be so public. Essendon and Dunkley end up with egg on their faces and both sets of fans feel pissed off. It saddens me.

When Hibs won the 2016 Scottish Cup, first in 114 years, 2 of its 3 goals were scored by Anthony Stokes, wait for it, on loan from, wait for it Celtic, a rival club in the Scottish Premiership League, think of it as, say, Ben Brown kicking 2 goals for us in the Grand Final. The third, winning, goal came from a header off a cross after a shot from, you guessed it, Stokes, in extra time, was pushed over the line by the Rangers' Goalie

Youtube

Sunshine of Leith Hibernian

it doesn't worry the supporters, look at their faces. Don't despair, they do things differently in the northern hemisphere. Aus Rules has a morality of its own.

Last edited:
Back