Dunkley and the other players

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Would Essendon still go for him next year? They would still have to give up their coveted first rounder next year in a very very good draft. Assuming they struggle as expected.

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
We will let him go for Pick 1
1609929996372.gif

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Yes. Reality is he's a perfect fit for them (or even Carlton). Teams will go hard for Dunkley, Baz and maybe even Macrae IMO.
I agree he’s perfect for them hence why I still don’t get why they didn’t pay up. But the fact they didn’t tells me they won’t pay up next year either unless they outperform for some reason.
Other clubs will come hard as well knowing he’s up for moving. It’s a very good draft to be trading a very good contracted player.

Perhaps Esserton was the only club at all interested.

He'd have to take the opportunity, regardless of any issues, wouldn't he?
They might be trying to save face with Andrew, after making promises. Kyle's not a bad player, ok at VFL level.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
We will let him go for Pick 1
I expect Essendon to have a Top 6 pick, and anything outside of Pick 1 should be on the table from their end if they're serious about fixing their list. Gold Coast were ridiculed for involving Pick 2 in a trade for Weller (who was far less proven than Dunkley) and it's turned out to be a massive win for both clubs involved. Weller became one of Gold Coasts best players, a complete non-flight risk at a time their team was leaking hard, and filled a vital role in the team, while Freo got Brayshaw out of it.

Aug 14, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The obvious worry is that Dunkley’s form stays below its best. Ideally, we’d play him in the guts as much as possible and he has a ripping year, then if he wants to go we repeat our two first rounder price.

If Bont, Macrae, Smith, Treloar and Libba are firing and West steps up, it might be we are happy to see him go. Obviously if he’s back at 2019 level our request for two first rounders will be compelling but if it’s 2020 form a year on then we might be a bit stuck - either we let him go cheaper than we should or keep a player down on form in a position we can fill.

Munnez

Premiership Player
Apr 2, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The obvious worry is that Dunkley’s form stays below its best. Ideally, we’d play him in the guts as much as possible and he has a ripping year, then if he wants to go we repeat our two first rounder price.

If Bont, Macrae, Smith, Treloar and Libba are firing and West steps up, it might be we are happy to see him go. Obviously if he’s back at 2019 level our request for two first rounders will be compelling but if it’s 2020 form a year on then we might be a bit stuck - either we let him go cheaper than we should or keep a player down on form in a position we can fill.
Happy to let it play out over the course of the year and make a more informed decision then

I agree he’s perfect for them hence why I still don’t get why they didn’t pay up. But the fact they didn’t tells me they won’t pay up next year either unless they outperform for some reason.
Other clubs will come hard as well knowing he’s up for moving. It’s a very good draft to be trading a very good contracted player.
No hence why. No hence why.

Bulldogs Legend

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Or keep him as he will still be contracted

Havent noticed bont n dunks hanging out since the trade period. Hope all is good there
Dunkley and Treloar are practically an item. New BFFs

Back