GrandBlue

Norm Smith Medallist
May 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
BWAHAHA :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu: If that wasn't staged it has got to be the most hilarious thing ever heard on Radio. Tell Quaterbrain how you feel, Chief!

tbau

Draftee
May 26, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
"A bucket" by Gary was great, you really could hear the crew pissing themselves; I'm glad I kept the recording rolling!
I think The Chief is an idiot though, people used to harp on about Eddie McGuire's inability to separate his club duties from his calling (which was warranted) but listen to the Chief go. Besides this, I think he rarely adds anything positive, it always seems like a chore for him to turn up.

1980GFVideo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2004
Heidelberg
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Please fill me in on why that was funny?:confused:

Before hand someone mentioned it was just a little bit of rice.

Ok not hilarious but thats the closest Gary will get to humour.

When your paid good money to host a supposed comedy hour you would think something would rub off eventually.

I found Dunstall alot more likeable in the early Footy Show Days.

Liked his modesty. Seems a very different bloke today

lions_den

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jul 15, 2007
East Horsham
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Orlando Magic
Before hand someone mentioned it was just a little bit of rice.

Ok not hilarious but thats the closest Gary will get to humour.

When your paid good money to host a supposed comedy hour you would think something would rub off eventually.

I found Dunstall alot more likeable in the early Footy Show Days.

Liked his modesty. Seems a very different bloke today
Oh ok. I thought there was some sort of back story. To me that wasn't even remotely funny. Strange.

celtic_pride

Brownlow Medallist
Veteran 10k Posts
Nov 12, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
B.Celtics, FC Barcelona, Leeds Utd
ROFL what the crap are u on about lions_den ? I've listened to that over ten times now and it gets better with each listening ..

Kudos Tbau :D :D

Only a statue couldn't find that funny ...
LOL at Caro wanting Dunstall sacked ..

1980GFVideo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2004
Heidelberg
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Oh ok. I thought there was some sort of back story. To me that wasn't even remotely funny. Strange.

Lyon never is. Neither is his show. It was for HIM a good effort.

You must like real comedy like Seinfeld and Simpsons where its clever and actualy funny.

For 'footy show' fans that joke would be a jewel in the crown.

They need to poke around for weeks to come up with anything of that quality.

Crawford would be writing it down madly trying to come up with something similar and Brownless would be just downright jealous.

WesternFront

Team Captain
Feb 22, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
That is some of the best on air stuff i have heard.

Quarters is a big girl who has never been taken to task on any of the dribble he comes out with. Gave Cousins a fair old whack on One Week at a Time

Well done Cheif - Insert Gorilla sounds of appreciation

[youtube]IpQ444I2NhY[/youtube]

The football media is getting very precious these days.

Quartermain getting all sooky because Dunstall took his journalism to task making s**t up without knowing the full facts.

Caro the school ma'am saying how unacceptable it all was:rolleyes:

voodooguru

Club Legend
Jun 9, 2007
Asgard (Melbourne)
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
76ers, Serena, MF DOOM
[youtube]IpQ444I2NhY[/youtube]

The football media is getting very precious these days.

Quartermain getting all sooky because Dunstall took his journalism to task making s**t up without knowing the full facts.

Caro the school ma'am saying how unacceptable it all was:rolleyes:
Totally unprofessional from the Cheeph. Spat the dummy clean out of the venue. What wasn't he thinking?

If you throw food on someone at any other white collar job - yr backside is the dust that history left behind.

Totally unprofessional from the Cheeph. Spat the dummy clean out of the venue. What wasn't he thinking?

If you throw food on someone at any other white collar job - yr backside is the dust that history left behind.

Throwing the food was probably a bit melodramatic but I can understand his frustration trying to answer a question that his overplaying the situation. Quartermain is trying to make out that Croad's career is at the crossroads due to injury because he may not play this year despite Dunstall's answer that the recovery is going well and that quite rightly that are viewing the recovery as something that goes beyond just this year.

Just like a kid talking back to the teacher in class, you hear the food being spilled on QM, and the supporting cast...
"Hahah, Oooooooooooooooooooooooooo"

QM ever to try and play the precious victim... It's not like he HAD to tell the world Dunstall flipped a tray over.

Mighty Eagles

Premiership Player
Mar 31, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth
Dunstall is a massive D-H for acting that way.

Then to continue along the path of telling Quarters to shut-up, Dunstall you've just highlighted how arrogant you are.

Good on Quarters for telling him to get out of the box.

trossa

Club Legend
Jun 13, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
AC Milan, Boston Celtics, Patriots
Here's the thing though, Dunstall gave him an answer saying he was recovering well and Quarterbrain was just being his usual flog self. How did he get into football anyway?

Back