Radio Dunstall goes bananas

someday-somehow

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2006
The Hills
AFL Club
Geelong
Dunstall is a massive D-H for acting that way.

Then to continue along the path of telling Quarters to shut-up, Dunstall you've just highlighted how arrogant you are.

Good on Quarters for telling him to get out of the box.

Well maybe Dunstall shouldn't have cracked it but my god the biggest dummy spit came from quartermain when his professionalism was questioned, you could tell when he raised his voice. Dunstal is right, channel 10 is Australia's version of Fox in the US....sensationalist rubbish.

Quartermain was looking for a headline....if Dunstall gave him what he wanted and put a timeframe on Croad returning you can bet your bottom dollar that quartermain will hold him to that and continually bring it up.
He was fishing for the sort of crap that Hutchy will continually try and "invent".

Frankly I'm over it....I don't watch Footy Classified anymore and I won't watch anything with quartermain in it.

May 10, 2007
Under the table
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
Frankly I'm over it....I don't watch Footy Classified anymore and I won't watch anything with quartermain in it.

Heh, I know how you feel. I don't watch Footy Show or Footy Classified for these reasons also.

I just like genuine footy discussions. Tell me about teams doing well. Tell me about individual players and how they're going. Tell me who might win and why. Tell me who won't win, but is heading the right way. I like talking footy, and hearing experts talk footy, but listening to junk journalists try to attract viewers with the promise of an interview with a potentially sacked coach's dog is awful.

Heh, I know how you feel. I don't watch Footy Show or Footy Classified for these reasons also.

I just like genuine footy discussions. Tell me about teams doing well. Tell me about individual players and how they're going. Tell me who might win and why. Tell me who won't win, but is heading the right way. I like talking footy, and hearing experts talk footy, but listening to junk journalists try to attract viewers with the promise of an interview with a potentially sacked coach's dog is awful.
Australian sports journalism is about the worst in the world I reckon... Just all around garbage, with the journalists interested in 'human interest' stories (when we aren't interested in it at all) over actual sports talk. Despite behind the former home of Walls, and currently of Sheahan, it's one of the reasons I actually like On The Couch compared to the other shows. (Not that they aren't guilty of the same thing occasionally)

Notorious_29

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 17, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
QLD Bulls, Brisbane Heat
haha love dunstall, always have. he never takes any crap from anyone and definetly does not act his age. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

i wish footy classified was aired in brisbane, on the couch can get a bit boring.

voodooguru

Club Legend
Jun 9, 2007
Asgard (Melbourne)
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
76ers, Serena, MF DOOM
Most unprofessional moment in recent memory, and the industry that brought us The Finger is laughing it all off? By the time Sam has a go the Real Littlies and a lot of the Grans'll be in bed.

I wonder what goes on before and after the broadcast. Ninety minutes, either side.

W3llsy

All Australian
Feb 14, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
The chief makes a fool of himself once again. Is there anyone who cracks it on TV (and now radio) more than that bloke? He can't take criticism of him or his beloved club. At least more people have seen what a fool he is, in case there was anybody left with some doubt on the subject.

Zarrix

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 15, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Everton
This was funny material. As much as the Chief was right about sensationalism, there is a place and time for everything. This was not the place nor time. Very unprofessional from the Chief, regardless of Quartermains credentials.

I actually feel sorry for Quartermain in this instance, ask a journalistic question, and get a bowl (or bucket) of fried rice thrown on you for a national audience to hear. And the swearing at that time of day? Yes I don't really care about the S bomb, but there are others listening at that time of day who would, so it was way over the top.

And I have my doubts to whether this was stage. Why would you swear in front of a national audience at that time "just for show"? And it is very unlike the Chief, a normally professional and credible commentator, to act in such a manner, and I doubt he would be in on any fight staging.

pmad87

Club Legend
Feb 19, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Has anyone else noticed that Quartermaine never forgets that he is on radio. He is very sure to let the listeners know that food has been thrown at him. If he was so angry and caught up in the moment, why did he care about that? Maybe it was staged.

TimmehJC"

Club Legend
May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Sacramento Kings
This was funny material. As much as the Chief was right about sensationalism, there is a place and time for everything. This was not the place nor time. Very unprofessional from the Chief, regardless of Quartermains credentials.

I actually feel sorry for Quartermain in this instance, ask a journalistic question, and get a bowl (or bucket) of fried rice thrown on you for a national audience to hear. And the swearing at that time of day? Yes I don't really care about the S bomb, but there are others listening at that time of day who would, so it was way over the top.

And I have my doubts to whether this was stage. Why would you swear in front of a national audience at that time "just for show"? And it is very unlike the Chief, a normally professional and credible commentator, to act in such a manner, and I doubt he would be in on any fight staging.
Once again, he didn't ask a question, it was a statement.

chicachow

Team Captain
Sep 25, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
So with Croad undergoing more surgery and Hawthorn deciding to focus on next year it would seem that Quartermaines' question regarding Croads future is not so silly after all. Sorry Jason but that is more than a year.

raymond35

Club Legend
Jan 5, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood vfl
Just watched the YouTube ( on page 2 of thread), how much has Hutchy aged in 10 years?! Everyone else looks the same, he's aged 25 years

Aug 25, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Australian sports journalism is about the worst in the world I reckon... Just all around garbage, with the journalists interested in 'human interest' stories (when we aren't interested in it at all) over actual sports talk. Despite behind the former home of Walls, and currently of Sheahan, it's one of the reasons I actually like On The Couch compared to the other shows. (Not that they aren't guilty of the same thing occasionally)
Unfortunately in a population 20+ million your niche markets are too small to be viable. It would be nice to have some serious well thought out analysis by those who know what's going on but it seems not enough people are interested enough to make it worthwhile.

Sobre discussions don't have enough titilation for the majority who seem to prefer screaming and insults.

In the case of AFL football, who would be the people to listen to? At this point in time they are probably not publicly known. The usual suspects, apart from Kingy (contentious I know) wouldn't offer much.

It's often the case when listening to a credentialed person; coach or similar, doing special comments that you don't learn anything and surely there is lots we don't know that would be of interest.

One person I have enjoyed and who gives far greater insights than anybody recently is Nick Riewoldt in his regular spot on Whateley

Back