Traded Dunstan to Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Dunny would be in the bottom 30% pay bracket for no compo.

The only good thing is that he shouldn't walk into a spot so we won't get tortured by him playing elite footy. If we got nothing for him and he did a Jarrod Lyons it would be hard to swallow.

I thought we'd at least get a 3rd rounder for him but as per usual the AFL do us no favours.

All those Brownlow votes and we can't crack any compensation, typical

Should have just been a straight swap for Petracca based on Brownlow votes, we could even throw in Lonie as steak knives.

All those Brownlow votes and we can't crack any compensation, typical

Dunstan got his Brownlow votes against

North (18th) - 3 votes
Adelaide (15th) - 2 votes ... and we lost the game
Richmond in Free Fall (12th) - 3 votes
Collingwood (17th) - 1 vote
Brisbane (5th) - 2 votes

So 3 were bottom 4 clubs

Dunstan is the classic example of an ordinary midfielder who can occasionally play a decent game against lower ranked teams but struggles to have a significant/frequent impact against better ranked sides / midfields

If Luke was going to be one of our primary key midfielders going forward then I doubt we would play finals ....... better to give a younger player (with a potentially higher ceiling) a chance which is the path we have taken

Cheers Luke ...... good luck breaking into the Demons best 22

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s a very unfortunate epitaph for Luke’s 8 year career at St Kilda.

And a first round pick. Really bad year to lose him. In a normal year I think we would have had clubs lining up to take a gamble on him and created some demand. It's a buyers market this year.

People are carrying on like we lost Plugger Lockett. Luke is a GOP midfielder

I am glad he found another club, a footballers career is short and he has managed 7 years so far on the fringes. Has another 2 to be in the show. Will get a gig occasionally when their mids are injured or needs a rest.

A player with his ability going to the Premier club is excellent for him. GOP look so much better surrounded by a good midfield. Thats why he looked better surrounded by Steele, Crouch and Jones, he wasn't the no.1.

Can't help but contrast responses to Dunstan's departure to those on Jack Steven.
At least we don't have to stump up part of Dunstan's contract to play elsewhere...
maybe he should have played mental health card when he realised Ratten didn't rate him!

Dunny would be in the bottom 30% pay bracket for no compo.

I feel insulted that i'm not valued enough. ....I'm walking ....look....now i'm at Melbourne where i'm getting paid a pittance to play VFL....that'll teach you StKilda.

People are carrying on like we lost Plugger Lockett. Luke is a GOP midfielder

I am glad he found another club, a footballers career is short and he has managed 7 years so far on the fringes. Has another 2 to be in the show. Will get a gig occasionally when their mids are injured or needs a rest.

A player with his ability going to the Premier club is excellent for him. GOP look so much better surrounded by a good midfield. Thats why he looked better surrounded by Steele, Crouch and Jones, he wasn't the no.1.

Getting selected pretty much every game he was available for 5 years is hardly "the fringe".

I seem to remember trading a certain ruckman for Dunstan and steak knives.

But I will say I liked this trade better than pick 7 for Carlisle and Gresham.

Dunstan 116 games for RWB >>>> Carlisle 66 games for RWB

Just another two more examples of our trading follies.

Is there a correlation to something that happened 8 years ago to something that happened yesterday?

Is there a McCartin/Petracca thread to dump it all in like a Luke Dunstan thread?

Do you now feel like a dill for sticking you bib in? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

petracca tore the comp apart this season And won his team A flag are happy to acknowledge while others are in denial.

No need for its own thread We can talk about Petracca/mccartin On any thread whenever We feel like it.

sound familiar ??

How is your De Goey prediction going ?? Or are you in denial about that as well ??

Do not think that trade is rubbish, Carlisle was needed and Gresham is one of our players who actually shows class with more to come (has had last year written off by injuries and he will be a very handy inclusion next year) - believe that is ok for pick 7

Do not think that trade is rubbish, Carlisle was needed and Gresham is one of our players who actually shows class with more to come (has had last year written off by injuries and he will be a very handy inclusion next year) - believe that is ok for pick 7

Contrary to alot of outspoken posters on this website, I wasn't a fan of the Carlisle trade for one second.

Going for a need based approach over the best young talent in the draft is a risky business.... especially when you are sitting near the bottom of the ladder.

Decent deal, poor drafting.

We could have got Matt Crouch and Zac Merrett with our Dunstan/Acres picks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back