Dustin Martin - All star mile

Remove this Banner Ad

Go through the field, be honest in your assessment of runners and main stage does not belong in the top 20.

No it doesn’t.
But Main stage is better than over half of the current top 10.

This race will never be the “14 best horses” it’s voted by the public and horses with a lot of owners are obviously more likely to get voted for.

5222176D-1FD5-46E6-896A-D2C501CAD3AF.jpeg

Give me Main stage over half of those
+ The Autumn Sun most likely won’t run.

I'd like to see Main Stage run simply to see if The Autumn Sun can finish the full straight in front of it. Otherwise pffft.

No it doesn’t.
But Main stage is better than over half of the current top 10.

This race will never be the “14 best horses” it’s voted by the public and horses with a lot of owners are obviously more likely to get voted for.

View attachment 611868

Give me Main stage over half of those
+ The Autumn Sun most likely won’t run.
i agree half of those are no better than mainstage. But there are another 10 at least that should be in before him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I voted Shillelagh!!! Love my girl!
Unlikely however as Waller always prefers to keep his team in Sydney bar the obvious targets.

I really like the concept and it will take a few years for the standard duds to not get the novelty vote. But I reckon it need to be constructed a little bit better....

Something like, to go into the ballot, owners need to pay $10k nomination fee, one condition of nominating is, that if selected your horse HAS to run bar scratching on Vets advice.

That way the field for voting is a little more legit in terms of owners wont put up 10k for duds who wont get the votes.
And punters don't have the scenario they have now where they vote from TAS and Waller doesn't run him...

I voted Shillelagh!!! Love my girl!
Unlikely however as Waller always prefers to keep his team in Sydney bar the obvious targets.

I really like the concept and it will take a few years for the standard duds to not get the novelty vote. But I reckon it need to be constructed a little bit better....

Something like, to go into the ballot, owners need to pay $10k nomination fee, one condition of nominating is, that if selected your horse HAS to run bar scratching on Vets advice.

That way the field for voting is a little more legit in terms of owners wont put up 10k for duds who wont get the votes.
And punters don't have the scenario they have now where they vote from TAS and Waller doesn't run him...
I’m not sure it’s ever going to work. I agree that it could end up a field of duds.
Not even just that but the horse my mate is in is Aristia. We all know she’s top quality as a 3yo but not necessarily over the mile and I think you’d get a lot of nominations like that.
I guess If you know you’re in it you’d prepare for it, but I can even see trainers and owners compromising what would be a better prep just to go for the riches on offer because they get enough votes.

I’m not sure it’s ever going to work. I agree that it could end up a field of duds.
Not even just that but the horse my mate is in is Aristia. We all know she’s top quality as a 3yo but not necessarily over the mile and I think you’d get a lot of nominations like that.
I guess If you know you’re in it you’d prepare for it, but I can even see trainers and owners compromising what would be a better prep just to go for the riches on offer because they get enough votes.
My wife's aunty is in a syndicate for Urban Ruler ,ithink there's over 1000 owner's in it .It's a promotion with Shelley Hancocks syndication's .

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

My wife's aunty is in a syndicate for Urban Ruler ,ithink there's over 1000 owner's in it .It's a promotion with Shelley Hancocks syndication's .

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Surely Urban Ruler isn’t one of the horses up for voting??

I like the idea but it needs a lot of work.

Voting closes four weeks before the race that isn’t anywhere near enough time for trainers to prepare there horse for a particular race.

In future voting should close/field should be announced 8 weeks before the race. Name the 14 horses and have next 10 as emergencies (in order of votes)

Yeah they need to come up with a better system.

Should be to nominate something like 5-10k donation to jockeys fund or country racing clubs to stop trainers having a wild throw at the stumps.

They should also have two races on the day;

1. “All star mile” - minimum requirements (class/rating) of horse.

2. Same deal, race over 1600m but if you’ve won a certain amount of prize money or are rated too highly you’re ineligible to nominate. Less prize money for the second race but still make it appealing.

The Tiger Army pacer won on Tuesday at Leeton, Jacob Townsend's birthplace, winning the Breeder's Plate. Undefeated and I think its a good omen for this year:)
The Tiger Army is owned by numerous members of my family and we’re all mad Tigers. My eldest brother used to be a driver and trainer and passed away just before the third win so we all love The Tiger Army. The fourth win was a ripper coming from way back. Go Tiges.

https://www.harnessmediacentre.com.au/trotstv/replays/39367

Remove this Banner Ad

Back