Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 30, 2007
Drouin
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Steelers
Sold a car to a bloke who does some outside accountancy/legal/contract work for Richmond and Collingwood, and he said, and I quote "Martin has re-signed, it's currently under wraps, and Richmond will release this information the week before the finals."

How much?

"Between 1.2 and 1.4"

So I've taken some poetic licence and plonked it on that figure.

UPDATE 24/8/2013

Richmond star Dustin Martin will sign a two-year deal with the Tigers worth close to $1 million.

http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/martin-to-stay-with-tigers-20130823-2she5.html

550K for 2 years sounds good. Do it Tiges:thumbsu:

Would that mean Cotch and Dusty are coming out of contract at the same time again?? :oops:
Shouldn,t be a problem.After we win this years flag,Cotch will retire.:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, but they could. And at the end of the day, if he wanted to go to GWS, he could just walk, and go in the PSD. Anywhere else would require a trade.

Other teams could as well but they haven't because there's too much risk which is what TRIB was trying to say.

Other teams could as well but they haven't because there's too much risk which is what TRIB was trying to say.

Oh absolutely, I understand that. I'm just pointing out that GWS probably wouldn't care about him being rough around the edges, and would pay the money if Dusty showed some interest in them.

Honestly, I think GWS have enough raw talent and need mature bodies and heads in their team. Martin is still young and will give them nothing that they don't already have.

Also, he will not develop at GWS. Hard to get alone time with the development coach if you're one of 30 kids. If Chocco was at GWS in the same role then I'm pretty certain he would not be involved with Dusty to the extent that he is at Tigerland.

Furthermore, considering his age, games played and the coin that he would be on, he would expected to be taking a leadership role which Dusty is far from ready for.

GWS would be better chasing older superstars (for maturity, culture, leadership and development) whose respective clubs could benefit from some more draft picks like Saints, Brisbane or Bulldogs

Dusty staying a Tiger is not only the best thing for Richmond and GWS, but also for Dustin.

GWS will also run into the same problem as everyone else in a couple of years. How are they going to keep all their kids in the cap? Dusty would not help that one bit.

Better tactic to draft your premium talent and start instilling team loyalty then getting a young jet for a packet and seeing him walk in 2-3 years because you can't keep paying him overs

Keeping Cameron long term>>> Getting Dusty now

E
Sold a car to a bloke who does some outside accountancy/legal/contract work for Richmond and Collingwood, and he said, and I quote "Martin has re-signed, it's currently under wraps, and Richmond will release this information the week before the finals."

How much?

"Between 1.2 and 1.4"

So I've taken some poetic licence and plonked it on that figure.
I knew they would wait until the lead up to finals

I recently sold fruit to the grandmother of Reece Conca's best childhood friend's ex-girlfriend, she said he had just signed the first 10 year deal since Alistair Lynch with the club for the world record football transfer fee of £100 million.

Part of the deal was hatched via an external agreement with Visy, who agreed to ship 14 and a half tonnes of cardboard back across the nullabor to his great uncle Steve Perry, who will use the funds to pay for surgery to his critical ill pony, Jane Austen.

...yeah, I'll wait til the announcement, Not having a go at the OP whatsoever and will give him kudos should he prove right. Just a little tired of rampant speculation in all forms of footy discourse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back