Dustin Martin....hmmm, would we allow tats at AFC?

Dustin?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes he has talent, but he is yet to show that he is a $700k a year player. Listening to Cam Mooney on AA today sounds like there are more issues that haven't made the public arena.
Having said all that the thing I don't like about Martin is who he associates with, sorry but anyone that hangs out or in any way associates with a leader of a bikie gang is asking for trouble.......Ben Cousins mark 2.

Ben Cousins was the difference between us and them winning the 2006 premiership.

We regularly had the fourth youngest 22.

First question, how did they go compared to other teams of similar age?

Not well... We finished 11th. Port had a younger list (in both games played and average age) and finished 8th.

Second question, will you only use win losses as your assessment tool in the first question or your own evaluation of the performances in the games as well?

My own evaluation of performances. Counting Essendon as a top 8 team our record against top 8 teams this year was 1 win 9 losses. This is not indicative of a team with a strong list.

I dont mind if you use top 4 but I think you should use game performances as well as win loss. So far I'd say we are the best performed team against fremantle since we played them. Quite possibly they'll win the flag and we will have been the team that got closest to them in the latter part of the season.

Ha - Freo did to us what they do to most teams. They did what they had to do. The bolded part is a massive clutch at straws. Should Richmond be celebrating the 2014 flag because they beat Freo one week before we were 'close to them'... Nothing anyone has shown has indicated we have a list that is even close to a flag. We are an average football club right now - 7-11 if i am honest.

Third question, what do you think would have happened to our results in 2013 if we didnt lose our best (and one of the best in the league) forwards and then later in the season our second best forward?

I assume you are talking about Tex & Jenkins?

If so - we would have probably finished as high as 6th if we had kept Walker. Jenkins getting injured did not hurt as a football team.

Fourth and final question, what do you think would have happened to our results if we had got off to a good start and had been optimally conditioned by the end of the preseason?

What would have happened to us if 6 of our best 7 players didn't play 20+games? Bottom 4?

Yes he has talent, but he is yet to show that he is a $700k a year player. Listening to Cam Mooney on AA today sounds like there are more issues that haven't made the public arena.
Having said all that the thing I don't like about Martin is who he associates with, sorry but anyone that hangs out or in any way associates with a leader of a bikie gang is asking for trouble.......Ben Cousins mark 2.

get the bikie gang to sponsor him off field

I actual hope Martin stays at Tiger

IMO his manager has been negligent in his duty to his client, falsely represented his client and unprofessionally shopped him around when all he really wanted was to remain at the club

Martin should sack his Manager, sign with the Tigers and the afl and the aflpa should investigate his managers handling of this matter

I actual hope Martin stays at Tiger

IMO his manager has been negligent in his duty to his client, falsely represented his client and unprofessionally shopped him around when all he really wanted was to remain at the club

Martin should sack his Manager, sign with the Tigers and the afl and the aflpa should investigate his managers handling of this matter

I think Australia have investigated and concluded Martins manager is a douche.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bloody excellent article in this mornings Age by Caro Wilson, says it all really, Martin's manager is an absolute cretin...

The disgraceful handling of troubled young footballer Dustin Martin reached a new low point on Thursday when the bewildered-looking 22-year-old was led around a football club he didn't really want to join.
And a club that, upon meeting Martin and upon brief reflection, came to the conclusion it did not really want him. Like Melbourne before it, Greater Western Sydney has enough of a job on its hands without taking on a high-maintenance player with social issues when what it craves is on-field leadership.
Martin clearly wants to remain at Richmond, which has been as good as home to him since he was drafted as a wayward but prodigiously talented 18-year-old and which has put in place a series of mentors and minders for him and offered him a two-year contract worth about $1million. Internally, both coach and captain are asking him to stay. Externally, either Martin's manager Ralph Carr or his father Shane must cut their losses and make it happen. While life in many ways would be significantly less stressful for the Tigers without Martin, he remains theirs and their problem.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/martin-wants-to-stay-a-tiger-20130920-2u42p.html#ixzz2fUJM1xl2

Further, the AFL Players Association's agents board should make a point of analysing this debacle as a test case and seriously question Carr's accreditation. He has handled this so unprofessionally and should have realised how much potential harm he could cause his client.
Next week the explosive young star should finish in the top five in the club best and fairest. If only he had the strength he demonstrates on the MCG and took a stand on his own as Reece Conca did this week and put pen to paper without waiting for his manager to get to town.
Conca has sacrificed significant money, which Fremantle had placed on the table to stay at Richmond. No one yet has put their hand up for Martin, and that GWS has chosen not to pursue him despite the difficulty that club has had luring players, shows how concerned it must be about his issues.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/martin-wants-to-stay-a-tiger-20130920-2u42p.html#ixzz2fUJfy5GD

Martin had a relatively frank conversation with GWS bosses, in which he acknowledged he had some work to do to clean up his reputation. That seems likely to be Richmond's job now and a change of management wouldn't hurt either.
Some intriguing revelations came to light during what can only be described as a cynical tyre-kicking exercise orchestrated by Carr and recorded by media from the time on Thursday morning that the young footballer arrived at Melbourne Airport.
When asked by the Giants about whom he looked to for advice and mentoring, Martin, in front of Carr, put forward the Richmond Football Club and key individuals within that organisation. How embarrassed Carr must have felt.
During the day Martin was contacted by coach Damien Hardwick and received text messages from his captain Trent Cotchin. He briefly spoke on Friday with outgoing president Gary March, with whom he remains close. Both Cotchin and Hardwick reassured Martin the club still regarded him as a Tiger and wanted him to stay.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/martin-wants-to-stay-a-tiger-20130920-2u42p.html#ixzz2fUJsivkG

And living with club president Garry March, Cotchin and Choco babysitting at the club etc, this kid ain't high maintenance, he's a full time job for a team of minders. Clubs are obviously finding he has the "Kevin Rudd" air about him once they meet him "loved by those that don't know him, disliked by those that do"....

But,but,but We have VanBerlo. One of the greatest off-field role models ever to have captained in the AFL.
Surely he could "baby sit" Dusty and keep him out of harms way?
Who knows, could make for a nice two way trade off.
I.e, Dusty learns the art of maturity,clean living and stealth leadership, and in turn some of Dusty`s tallent and/or football ability rubs off on V.B.

Win/Win !

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...back-at-richmond/story-fni5f9jb-1226724710997.

Richmond with his tail between his legs or Brisbane are Dusty's only choices apparently. Would be pissed if the club hasn't at least sounded out his knob of a manager if he would entertain moving west instead of north.
Question:
With people in the past like Rendell (vale), Harper, Chapman etc responding to emails people here have sent out to them over the many years, the question being asked the most is "have Adelaide tried/want to try?".

Maybe ask someone directly and see what their response is? They've responded decently enough to other player questions from my knowledge. If anyone is that genuinely curious, they could just ask?

Nah, Sanders is pretty much correct. Take Cousins out and we win that prelim easily, and we never lost to Sydney in those days.

If Ben Cousins does his ankle in the week before, you're talking about premiership coach Neil Craig today.

You could point to any number of factors that year. We had the worst run of luck imaginable. Premiership went absolutely begging.

Back