Dustin Martin is better than Dangerfield

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TigerMoz1973

Club Legend
Jan 2, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Why does Dangerfield annoy me? I cant even give an actual reason. But he just does.
Probably because he carries on like a flog on and off the field. Dusty just gets on with it... the Dusty's and Swannies of the footy world are what most people identify with. The Chris Scott's and Patrick dangerfield's of the footy world are what makes most people cringe.

TigerMoz1973

Club Legend
Jan 2, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm sure he is a good guy. But he just comes across to me as a little fake. Always playing this role for the cameras with this lovable boyish attitude. I don't know what it is. Maybe i'm just a cynical asshole.
I reckon he gives us all a good glimpse of who he truly is in the last 2 minutes of the second quarter PF.

David_Full

Team Captain
Nov 28, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Are we not comparing individual players or great players in great teams?

Nathan Buckley, Robbie Flower, Bobby Skilton & Haydn Bunton all considered legends of their clubs and in the greatest players to ever play the game.

Never won any VFL/AFL premierships are are never marked down for doing so.

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk
Nathan Buckley is a Collingwood great but he would not rate above a player like Michael Voss.

Pendlebury would be rated over Bucks now played over 300 games & has a flag.

Bazzar

Hall of Famer
May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
He was brilliant in the 2017 finals.
Definitely poor last year and backed it up with two fairly mediocre performances this year.
Not in the QF he wasn't
He pooped his pants under pressure. Game high 13 turnovers, 5 out of bounce on the full, 42.5% DE, with only 14 of his 31 disposals effective.

Back One Out

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 2, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
G.A.G.F.
Dangers effort against the Pies in the QF was monumental...reckon that's why he was fading by the 2nd half of the prelim..
Chris Scott was full of shit when he said Dangerfield was sore over the last 2 weekends of the season

The reason why he was below 100% in the Prelim Final was because Richmond are the greatest team in any sport in the history of mankind

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Partridge

Hall of Famer
Nov 12, 2002
AFL Club
Geelong
Not in the QF he wasn't
He pooped his pants under pressure. Game high 13 turnovers, 5 out of bounce on the full, 42.5% DE, with only 14 of his 31 disposals effective.
Yeah he got a bit of the ball but was under pressure virtually the entire time.

Farang83150

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2010
Chalong 83130
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth (Demons)
Yes I believe dangerflop was carrying an acute case of guilt
It still amazes me how little such an exaggerated bit of stagging wasn't commented on by the media, yet joe public spotted it straight away.
Lost a lot of respect for Dangerfield after that, especially when he tried to glorify it and rub it in Martin's face.

richoatthedisco

PREMIERS, BIATCH!
Jun 18, 2007
FLAGSVILLE
AFL Club
Richmond
It still amazes me how little such an exaggerated bit of stagging wasn't commented on by the media, yet joe public spotted it straight away.
Lost a lot of respect for Dangerfield after that, especially when he tried to glorify it and rub it in Martin's face.
Diverflop is a serial stager.

OneEyedHawk

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 13, 2004
Croydon
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Probably because he carries on like a flog on and off the field. Dusty just gets on with it... the Dusty's and Swannies of the footy world are what most people identify with. The Chris Scott's and Patrick dangerfield's of the footy world are what makes most people cringe.

I wouldn't say that Dusty is someone that most people identify with him (or Swanny either for that matter). He could quite easily be as big a flog, if not bigger than Danger...but no one knows as the man barely speaks.

Good luck to him BTW, he doesn't need to. But he's not automatically a great bloke in the absence of actually knowing anything about him or what he's like.

Top Bottom