Opinion Dustin Martin is better than Dangerfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes and no. Disposal and creativity are fairly important factors in forward play. Jack is a better mark. One on one mark, hangers and pack marks. Nick many more lead up marks. But as I said, Nick was the ultimate all round player and great captain.
Nick was overated as hell imo. His engine was unbelievable but what did all that running get him? Couldn't kick clutch goals when it counted and it probably cost them a flag.

Are you kidding? 2 norm smiths, 2 flags, a brownlow and its hype? When has danger got it done when it counted? Can't even get to a gf. Cant kick either.

Nah I'm not. Good 3 years and rated appropriately during the rest. Has about that many AA too. I'll admit his last 3 seasons have been better than Selwoods and that's about as big a compliment as one can get.

Nah I'm not. Good 3 years and rated appropriately during the rest. Has about that many AA too. I'll admit his last 3 seasons have been better than Selwoods and that's about as big a compliment as one can get.
An amazing 3 years and a really good rest of the career easily accounts for Dangers career IMO. These 3 years he's played has changed the club forever.

There is really no doubt anymore who the better player is.
It appears Dangerfield may have hit his peak a year ago and is somewhat beginning to decline ever so slightly. He's still one of the top 10 midfielders in the game but he is not what he was in 2016.
Still produces insane flashes of brilliance such at that left foot goal from a standing start 55 metres out (something Martin could never do). Other than that, his peak as the no.2, no.3 player in the game was short lived.

Martin never seems to waste any of his disposals. Makes the right choices more times than not.

There is really no doubt anymore who the better player is.
It appears Dangerfield may have hit his peak a year ago and is somewhat beginning to decline ever so slightly. He's still one of the top 10 midfielders in the game but he is not what he was in 2016.
Still produces insane flashes of brilliance such at that left foot goal from a standing start 55 metres out (something Martin could never do). Other than that, his peak as the no.2, no.3 player in the game was short lived.

Martin never seems to waste any of his disposals. Makes the right choices more times than not.
Bit early to say he's on decline after one poor game V the games best tagger.

Yes it is as I have watched him closely.
He's not what he was and a lot of it has to do with carrying the team just as Selwood did for years before him.

Not sure about this, still has his pace and played against last years #2 team and had the best tagger in the AFL on him. Also played in an empty stadium - might take a couple of players time to adjust. Worst case his the 5th best mid in the game (behind Fyfe, Dusty, Cripps & Bont). IMO his top 3.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Danger can't finish like Dustin

Both break tackles and lines, but Danger blasts away and usually turns it over, or kicks a behind
chalk-and-cheese.jpg

The only significant difference between Dusty and Danger is Cotchin and Selwood.

As a result Dusty will go down as one of the greatest players of all time, where Danger will be forgotten in 25 years. Great leaders bring the best out of others, and in Cochin, Richmond nailed it.
dusty brings out the best as does cotch

- pushing it off to selwood is rubbish - selwood is a champ and a great captain who leads from the front.

danger is the me me me show

and when it got tough dusty got even tougher and dangerfield played for frees.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back