Opinion Dustin Martin is better than Dangerfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Dangerfield obviously but the amount of people underrating dusty on here is ridiculous... dusty would have to be the second best mid in the Comp at the moment

Dangerfield obviously but the amount of people underrating dusty on here is ridiculous... dusty would have to be the second best mid in the Comp at the moment
Luke Parker and Rory Sloane are better and thats just two off the top of my head.

Bit rich when North has fielded as many U21's as your mob this year. Carlton - home of the contented journeyman.

Blues for me have exceeded expectation this season. Never going to play finals and where always going to drop off late in the season. Any surprises?

Blues will field more young ones this year. Some of our new recruits have been injured all year. Harry McKay and David Cuningham who you traded the pick for Yarran (thank you) won't be playing til 2017 season, no rush on these kids.
Weitering been playing all year and Jack Silvagni has also debuted too. This weekend we are bringing back Kristian Jaksch, Dylan Buckley, Graham and few others so young squad lining up

Tigers won't win a premiership with current list. Your team has 6 good players then there is a big drop off, you have to agree?

Blues for me have exceeded expectation this season. Never going to play finals and where always going to drop off late in the season. Any surprises?

Blues will field more young ones this year. Some of our new recruits have been injured all year. Harry McKay and David Cuningham who you traded the pick for Yarran (thank you) won't be playing til 2017 season, no rush on these kids.
Weitering been playing all year and Jack Silvagni has also debuted too. This weekend we are bringing back Kristian Jaksch, Dylan Buckley, Graham and few others so young squad lining up

Tigers won't win a premiership with current list. Your team has 6 good players then there is a big drop off, you have to agree?

Carlton's exceeded expectations because the expectations were that they'd get games into a lot of kids, like rebuilding teams do. Bolton's year has been a fraud, and it seems all the media and Carlton supporters have fallen for it.

Yes Richmond has some glaring deficiencies, but we have also underperformed. It's up to the club to pinpoint the reasons and take the required action.

How many votes do you reckon Dusty polled against the mighty Blues?

I already said earlier you sound like you're only questioning his character over his ink.
This. Hate the tag that he gets as being a sort of flog disrespectful bloke and I reckon most of that comes from his tatoos. He is the complete opposite of that and is definatley not a bad person at all. If he didn't have the tats, had a different haircut and his dad not having the background that he has then some people on here might actually rate him

Carlton's exceeded expectations because the expectations were that they'd get games into a lot of kids, like rebuilding teams do. Bolton's year has been a fraud, and it seems all the media and Carlton supporters have fallen for it.

Yes Richmond has some glaring deficiencies, but we have also underperformed. It's up to the club to pinpoint the reasons and take the required action.

How many votes do you reckon Dusty polled against the mighty Blues?

How has Boltons year been fraudulent? His a first year coach, does he have to rush every raw 18-19 year into the senior squad to prove his worth if they are not ready?

The real question is how does Hardwick still have a job at Tigers and how does the Tigers board think this list will move forward with him at the helm?

This. Hate the tag that he gets as being a sort of flog disrespectful bloke and I reckon most of that comes from his tatoos. He is the complete opposite of that and is definatley not a bad person at all. If he didn't have the tats, had a different haircut and his dad not having the background that he has then some people on here might actually rate him

The Push-Up King of Punt Road himself even said Dust was a top class bloke during Open Mike and he's one of the best people in the game. People take one look at him and think he's a stone cold killer. Those idiots really need to get a grip.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How has Boltons year been fraudulent? His a first year coach, does he have to rush every raw 18-19 year into the senior squad to prove his worth if they are not ready?

The real question is how does Hardwick still have a job at Tigers and how does the Tigers board think this list will move forward with him at the helm?

Remains to be seen who keeps their jobs at Richmond. We've under-achieved and there has to be consequences.

How many votes for Dusty against the going-places Blues?

I can cop people saying our list needs work, but not while talking up their own 'kids' from Carlton.

Dylan Buckley will be playing VAFA soon.

Jaksch is a recycled failure.

Nick Graham is a VFL level player.

You mention kids who haven't even played a game and then in the same sentence mention one of your former star picks who you now consider a failure.

Richmond are playing kids also and Carlton have a similar age bracket across the board:

Simpson - 31/32

Murphy/ Deledio - 3 months apart 29

Gibbs 06/ Riewoldt 06

The above are the older guys on the lists.

Looking at your side tomorrow you're not as young as you claim and is mostly filled with guys who wouldn't get a gig in any other team.

Remains to be seen who keeps their jobs at Richmond. We've under-achieved and there has to be consequences.

How many votes for Dusty against the going-places Blues?

Just looking at R1 stats. 9 pt game which he had 24 touches and minimum influence probably no votes.

Blues might struggle for next few years but we will have Tigers and Essendon to keep us company. Bet you agree with that statement

Blues might struggle for next few years but we will have Tigers and Essendon to keep us company. Bet you agree with that statement
It could happen if we're afraid to make changes.
Looking at your side tomorrow you're not as young as you claim and is mostly filled with guys who wouldn't get a gig in any other team.
Carlton is the 7th-oldest team of 2016 - older than the likes of Sydney and Adelaide. But that Armfield kid looks the goods.

I can cop people saying our list needs work, but not while talking up their own 'kids' from Carlton.

Dylan Buckley will be playing VAFA soon.

Jaksch is a recycled failure.

Nick Graham is a VFL level player.

You mention kids who haven't even played a game and then in the same sentence mention one of your former star picks who you now consider a failure.

Richmond are playing kids also and Carlton have a similar age bracket across the board:

Simpson - 31/32

Murphy/ Deledio - 3 months apart 29

Gibbs 06/ Riewoldt 06

The above are the older guys on the lists.

Dylan hasn't had the best of years but plenty of upside. Run and dash off half back is good. Kicking needs to improve but still relatively young. Graham like Dylan has a light frame and both rushed early. Development in VFL not a bad thing

Kristian Jaksch has had injury problems and has had 2 interrupted preseasons. Will play full time in seniors next year along side Weitering in defense that Jamo is getting on. Recycled failure isn't really fair definition for a guy that has had trouble getting himself at 100%

It could happen if we're afraid to make changes.

Carlton is the 7th-oldest team of 2016 - older than the likes of Sydney and Adelaide. But that Armfield kid looks the goods.

I just see Dustin Martin, Cotchin, Rance as your good players. Lids makes a big difference to your team and Tigers get exposed when his not playing plus his also few years from retirement himself now with more injuries coming about to him

Aren't Richmond full of those though?

We were and still are to an extent, but that was my point. Carlton poster talking up their young youthful list, which is a load as they are full of recycled hacks.

Alot of hate for Martin in this thread. Bloke is havint a terrific year and will be an AA mid, can go forward and win it on the inside and outside.

We were and still are to an extent, but that was my point. Carlton poster talking up their young youthful list, which is a load as they are full of recycled hacks.

Alot of hate for Martin in this thread. Bloke is havint a terrific year and will be an AA mid, can go forward and win it on the inside and outside.

Just think your making too much of were the conversation was heading

The Tigers supporter mentioned we haven't debuted too many young kids but my argument is they are not ready to play senior football and some intact are injured. But we have this year debuted Weitering, Charlie Curnow and Jack Silvagni who will become great AFL players. Next year you can expect to see Harry McKay and David Cuningham

Buckley, Graham and Jaksch all returning tomorrow who all will be part of Blues rebuild and will become very serviceable players at senior level

Yet cites "33 disposals in the back half" as a reason for no votes...

I kinda like Maclure 'cos he speaks his mind. It's just that his mind is empty half the time.
What's wrong with saying that? Aka he chipped sideways and was chasing the ball rather than moving it forward

Remove this Banner Ad

Back