Opinion Dustin Martin is better than Dangerfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Keep confirming my previous comments. Acewipe. LOL

Dusty wins. It’s not even close.
Look at all his accolades and team brand of footy. Danger can’t kick a set shot to save himself and looks tough when ball in dispute but isn’t the cleanest.
Danger is almost there but just won’t get there as he’s not a team man. Unfortunately he’s in it for himself and it isn’t working out too well.
Dusty > Danger.

Dangerfield only has a Brownlow
Dusty has won 2 flags, 2 Norm Smiths and the 2017 Brownlow.

So Dusty > Danger
flags are no basis when comparing players though

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

Nor are Brownlow's when you see the players that should have won one and never did, and some who won who never should have.
tfb majority of brownlow medal winners deserved them.

Of course their are the occassional outliers

I dont personally dislike him, but when he signs his own photo for the wife to go up in his own man cave, it's hard to want to develop a connection.

I'm sure he is a good guy. But he just comes across to me as a little fake. Always playing this role for the cameras with this lovable boyish attitude. I don't know what it is. Maybe i'm just a cynical arsehole.

I'm sure he is a good guy. But he just comes across to me as a little fake. Always playing this role for the cameras with this lovable boyish attitude. I don't know what it is. Maybe i'm just a cynical arsehole.

It's hard growing up with all the pressures that come with a power name like Dangerfield.

He was meant to be a secret agent, not a footballer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tfb majority of brownlow medal winners deserved them.

Of course their are the occassional outliers

Yes that is sort of true, some players just attract votes because of the way they play, umpires just don't seem to notice others. I had Prestia best on in quite a few games where he didn't even register a 3 votes until rd.21, 8 votes in total. Backing that up was a B & F.
1980 Geoff Raines won a B & F and went in as favourite and didn't poll a single vote, probably one of the strangest ever. As a rule though the great players do win them.

Yes that is sort of true, some players just attract votes because of the way they play, umpires just don't seem to notice others. I had Prestia best on in quite a few games where he didn't even register a 3 votes until rd.21, 8 votes in total. Backing that up was a B & F.
1980 Geoff Raines won a B & F and went in as favourite and didn't poll a single vote, probably one of the strangest ever. As a rule though the great players do win them.

It's more than just the way they play - I think their demeanor and conduct on the field can play a part in it as well. There was a season in the late 90s, I think it was somewhere from 97-99 when carey had a blinder of a season and went into brownlow medal night as red hot favourite to win... yet he didn't poll well and was nowhere in sight when it came to the final tally. I remember a few people believed that the umpires didn't like carey because of his arrogance, rubbing them the wrong way etc and that's why he didn't poll anywhere near as well as everyone expected.

It's more than just the way they play - I think their demeanor and conduct on the field can play a part in it as well. There was a season in the late 90s, I think it was somewhere from 97-99 when carey had a blinder of a season and went into brownlow medal night as red hot favourite to win... yet he didn't poll well and was nowhere in sight when it came to the final tally. I remember a few people believed that the umpires didn't like carey because of his arrogance, rubbing them the wrong way etc and that's why he didn't poll anywhere near as well as everyone expected.
yes but they should be above it, but to go from B & F and Brownlow favourite to not one vote was bizarre. Raines from memory wasn't a big talker.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back