Opinion Dustin Martin is better than Dangerfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Did you not read the pages and pages of drivel? Guy thinks Martin was average in the grand final. Has said hundreds of players have had a better season than dusty in 2017.

It’s not worth the energy.
sez u

Both close, Dusty is more the play maker and is more damaging with less, plays a little like Greg Williams, danger is a great mark and loves the booming kick and gets more ball. Both I’d have before Judd.

People overrating Martin based on one stellar season last year but this year just hasn't been near that level. Danger hasn't been great either but did it for longer before then. I'd say Martin's best is better, but I'd take prime Danger for consistency.
Danger goes missing in finals. The last 3 years have proven that. If he stood up on the 'big stage' he'd have flag by now

I also disagree had he stood up we win a flag. Geelong simply isn't good enough to even make it through to a grand final.
This team has 2 or 3 champions and then a whole host of inconsistent and B grade footballers.

It is really not too dissimilar to the team of the 1990's where we had 4-5 champions and then a whole batch of blokes who couldn't back up their performances on a week-to-week basis.

Martin has the luxury of performing in a well oiled team right now. Even the VFL side is winning premierships.

If Danger is the real deal where is his premiership medals
It’s football you clown. 22 players it takes to win a flag. This isn’t tennis.

Dusty is a star but far out you Richmond fans love deliberately ignoring the impact the rest of the Tigers have on the team being successful. You didn’t just go from a mediocre finals team to a two time premiership team on the back of a big leap from Martin. Plenty of things changed since 2016.

flags = team, yes Martin has 2x Norm Smiths that's a big plus.
Danger has 7x AA's compared to Martin's 3.
Both have 1x MVP, AFLCA and Brownlow.

I still think 4x AA easily trumps 2x Norm Smiths.
Id take 2 norm smiths in winning gfs over ten aa’s and no gf

Dusty is a star but far out you Richmond fans love deliberately ignoring the impact the rest of the Tigers have on the team being successful. You didn’t just go from a mediocre finals team to a two time premiership team on the back of a big leap from Martin. Plenty of things changed since 2016.

Nah, it’s all from martins big leap

I also disagree had he stood up we win a flag. Geelong simply isn't good enough to even make it through to a grand final.
This team has 2 or 3 champions and then a whole host of inconsistent and B grade footballers.

It is really not too dissimilar to the team of the 1990's where we had 4-5 champions and then a whole batch of blokes who couldn't back up their performances on a week-to-week basis.

Martin has the luxury of performing in a well oiled team right now. Even the VFL side is winning premierships.

If Hawkins played, you make grand final?

Think you'll find that the vast majority of Richmond fans recognize the team ethos that has delivered the two flags.
Always amuses me when Big Footy Main Board posters are said to be representative of any teams supporter base!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

flags = team, yes Martin has 2x Norm Smiths that's a big plus.
Danger has 7x AA's compared to Martin's 3.
Both have 1x MVP, AFLCA and Brownlow.

I still think 4x AA easily trumps 2x Norm Smiths.

The All-Australian team is a flawed method of measuring player greatness as the AFL focus on making the team balanced, meaning many midfielders miss out. And some of the selections are curious. Walters was picked over Martin this year even though Martin was more consistent. Some players are also ignored too. Sam Mitchell was picked three times in his career and was often passed over for guys like Selwood because the panel subjectively favoured the former over the latter.

Nah, it’s all from martins big leap
Bullshit. Richmond had a defence hitting its prime and Hardwick implemented smalls like Butler, Castagna and Rioli all of whom put opposition backlines under immense pressure.

Richmond totally changed the way they played compared to 2016.
Hook Line and Sinker

The All-Australian team is a flawed method of measuring player greatness as the AFL focus on making the team balanced, meaning many midfielders miss out. And some of the selections are curious. Walters was picked over Martin this year even though Martin was more consistent. Some players are also ignored too. Sam Mitchell was picked three times in his career and was often passed over for guys like Selwood because the panel subjectively favoured the former over the latter.
Leigh Matthews should pick the AA team. Then we would have a true indication of the best 22 in the league. Nobody in their right mind picks Walters ahead of Dusty this season

Why does Dangerfield annoy me? I cant even give an actual reason. But he just does.
Probably because he carries on like a flog on and off the field. Dusty just gets on with it... the Dusty's and Swannies of the footy world are what most people identify with. The Chris Scott's and Patrick dangerfield's of the footy world are what makes most people cringe.

I'm sure he is a good guy. But he just comes across to me as a little fake. Always playing this role for the cameras with this lovable boyish attitude. I don't know what it is. Maybe i'm just a cynical arsehole.
I reckon he gives us all a good glimpse of who he truly is in the last 2 minutes of the second quarter PF.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back