Jan 3, 2012
From the interview room
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Victory, All Blecks,
Semi final and prelim final.
He and Selwood tried their guts out.

Dangerfield was bloody average this year finals campaign though. No denying that.
For a footballer on 850k + incentives and off-field income, he should be carrying this current team just as Selwood did when the champions of the golden era hung up the boots post 2013/2014.
Selwood is one of Geelong's greatest big game performers. Even this season when he looked cooked at certain stages, he was the same old brilliant Selwood in September.

how did he go in the game against the tigers in 2017 ?, Selwood I have no question about , but getting a bit long in the tooth and plays his heart out for the cats, the other bloke plays for Patrick , will he be your next captain?

My Tilly

Premium Gold
Jun 30, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
SEN Rankings for the 2017 QF.

Patrick DANGERFIELD – 5

Quiet first half (five effective disp) but did kick goal on halftime siren. Tried hard but impact well down; 14 effective touches.

Dustin MARTIN – 9

Star playmaker was superb and lifted to another level with sublime last term that put the game to bed; 28 disposals.

SEN PF rankings

Patrick DANGERFIELD – 6
Apart from second term he was never in the game; 13 effective possessions but did kick two goals.

Gary Ayers 2017 final placings.

25 — DUSTIN MARTIN (RICH)
15 — TRENT COTCHIN (RICH)
14 — CALLAN WARD (GWS)
11 — BRAD CROUCH (ADEL)
10 — BACHAR HOULI (RICH)
10 — JOSH KENNEDY (SYD)
10 — LUKE SHUEY (WC)
10 — PATRICK DANGERFIELD (GEEL)
9 — CHARLIE CAMERON (ADEL)
9 — ALEX RANCE (RICH)
8 — MITCH DUNCAN (GEEL)
8 — RORY LAIRD (ADEL)
8 — DANIEL RIOLI (RICH)
8 — STEPHEN CONIGLIO (GWS)
8 — MITCH DUNCAN (GEEL)
8 — EDDIE BETTS (ADEL)
8 — JEREMY MCGOVERN (WC)
8 — LUKE PARKER (SYD)

No need to keep bringing up Martin, I already get he's a champion player but you have to understand this current Geelong team is a piss weak as they come.
There is only a handful of players who are really prepared to go far and beyond their limits. Dangerfield is one the premier midfielders in the competition and he along with maybe 3 or 4 others at Geelong have carried us and kept us relevant for 3 or so years.
While no one can be consistently brilliant for all four quarters in every final played, he's at least but a constant for us. Not many others have been there with him.

I am far more disappointed and slightly annoyed at players like Guthrie, Duncan, Blicavs, Tuohy, Hawkins. These are guys who are terribly inconsistent in the finals.
One week they star and the next week they vanish.
It different if they threw themselves at every contest but just couldn't get anything going their way but they start off on a bad note and that's it for the remainder of the game.

Guys like Stanley and Rohan are just spuds all together and should never have come to the club to begin with.

My Tilly

Premium Gold
Jun 30, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
how did he go in the game against the tigers in 2017 ?, Selwood I have no question about , but getting a bit long in the tooth and plays his heart out for the cats, the other bloke plays for Patrick , will he be your next captain?

Honestly, as long as someone like Duncan or Blicavs do not become captain, I'm fine with it.
I'm a realist however. I legitimately believe this club is for a world of hurt when they finally part ways with the coach. The damage has already been done. Too late to rectify things now.
Years of playing older expired players over potential up-and-comers has sent us back.
It's a merry go round at Geelong. Steven and Jenkins are prime examples. Sure, we may get a good year (like we did with Henderson) but it will prove to be pointless.

Jan 2, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I wouldn't say that Dusty is someone that most people identify with him (or Swanny either for that matter). He could quite easily be as big a flog, if not bigger than Danger...but no one knows as the man barely speaks.

Good luck to him BTW, he doesn't need to. But he's not automatically a great bloke in the absence of actually knowing anything about him or what he's like.
I'm referring to how they play the game and conduct themselves on the field. No BS

Sep 17, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
I'd pick McDonald-Tipungwuti over Dangerfield

amtw.gif

May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
No need to keep bringing up Martin, I already get he's a champion player but you have to understand this current Geelong team is a piss weak as they come.
There is only a handful of players who are really prepared to go far and beyond their limits. Dangerfield is one the premier midfielders in the competition and he along with maybe 3 or 4 others at Geelong have carried us and kept us relevant for 3 or so years.
While no one can be consistently brilliant for all four quarters in every final played, he's at least but a constant for us. Not many others have been there with him.

I am far more disappointed and slightly annoyed at players like Guthrie, Duncan, Blicavs, Tuohy, Hawkins. These are guys who are terribly inconsistent in the finals.
One week they star and the next week they vanish.
It different if they threw themselves at every contest but just couldn't get anything going their way but they start off on a bad note and that's it for the remainder of the game.

Guys like Stanley and Rohan are just spuds all together and should never have come to the club to begin with.
Sorry about that.
Bringing up Dusty in a Dusty/Danger thread was a mistake.

Aug 30, 2011
kensington
AFL Club
Richmond
I wouldn't say that Dusty is someone that most people identify with him (or Swanny either for that matter). He could quite easily be as big a flog, if not bigger than Danger...but no one knows as the man barely speaks.

Good luck to him BTW, he doesn't need to. But he's not automatically a great bloke in the absence of actually knowing anything about him or what he's like.

Painfully shy away from football. But once relaxed he’s a magnetic person people warm to very quickly. Kids love him and he’s always more comfortable with them before parents come up to him and ask for photos etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 18, 2007
Top of the tree
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
#VICBIAS
Dustin Martin is beyond the horizon compared to Vanishfield, who is a hypejob much of the time. But of course, one shouldn't speak like that.

Opportunities to own big games are where it matters, is anyone currently up with Martin?

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Correct, and no, no one is.

GoGeta

Team Captain
Mar 4, 2013
Vic
AFL Club
Geelong
I think that this debate can only be settled by getting both Dangerfield and Martin to inseminate the same woman, then DNA test the resulting child and determine who indeed possesses the stronger genes. Draw straws or paper, scissors, rock for sloppy seconds :think:

Sep 17, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
I think that this debate can only be settled by getting both Dangerfield and Martin to inseminate the same woman, then DNA test the resulting child and determine who indeed possesses the stronger genes. Draw straws or paper, scissors, rock for sloppy seconds :think:

An ovulating women could probably pick the difference before things got too sticky

Captain_Bender

Premiership Player
May 21, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
If it's anything like a final Danger wouldn't even be able to get it up

My Tilly

Premium Gold
Jun 30, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
Dusty and clangerfield are not even in the same ballpark when it comes to finals matches
How does it feel knowing that the cats are now the Tigers bitches?

How does it feel?
Really not phased one little bit in all sincerity. I really feel like it is Hawthorn who dominate and torment the very physique of a Geelong supporter. They have had our number when we have been at our very best.

Richmond own Geelong in finals but I know Richmond will soon fall away and be irrelevant for a number of decades as it's what they have always done.

Hawthorn though, they have a freakish ability of being able to topple away and then find themselves back in premiership winning contention once per decade.

Lyttelton Ranger

Squadron Leader
Mar 10, 2008
The Lord's Pyjamas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
QPR
Yeah well I was always under the impression that Epstein was killed by someone who was clearly nervous about getting outed in the media once he was forced to come clean and name his list of accomplices during a judicial hearing.

I'm sorry what are we talking about again? I've lost interest

Jan 2, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Richmond own Geelong in finals but I know Richmond will soon fall away and be irrelevant for a number of decades as it's what they have always done.
Actually apart from the recent hiatus the Tigers have won flags in all decades except 50s... they've copped the tough lessons on the chin and become the powerhouse they are today. You're kidding yourself if you think they'll go into obscurity any time soon. Tigers will be the first club to 20 flags and it won't be by requesting VFA premierships to be counted.
Geelong are an embarrassment of a club

Captain_Bender

Premiership Player
May 21, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Actually apart from the recent hiatus the Tigers have won flags in all decades except 50s... they've copped the tough lessons on the chin and become the powerhouse they are today. You're kidding yourself if you think they'll go into obscurity any time soon. Tigers will be the first club to 20 flags and it won't be by requesting VFA premierships to be counted.
Geelong are an embarrassment of a club
Richmond were a better side than Geelong in the 1910s, 1920s, 1930s, 1940s, 1960s, 1970s, 1980s and 2010s, but apparently it's Richmond not Geelong who have been irrelevant for a number of decades

Back