Opinion Dustin Martin is better than Dangerfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Slight embellishment possibly but seriously 2016 was the first year where Dusty emerged from Cotchin and Deledio's shadow. Rewarded with AA and B&F.
Danger has 4 AA's to his name, 2 B&F's and a Brownlow. Been playing at a very high level since 2012.

Our dynamic duo are both better players and that doesn't make him a dud, Dusty's a champ but he's not on their level.
It was remiss of you to exclude the MVP.

It was remiss of you to exclude the MVP.
Woah, the big one too, the one his peers decide on :$

Looking it up it appears the only metric Dusty has covered in so far this season is UnCon possessions and kicks. Goals per game the same and pretty much everything else Danger. This being Danger that neutrals are saying is down on last season.

As for kicks, well there was that article last week showing the club wants Danger to handpass more to include his teammates (thus reduce this so called Dangerwood reliance), seems to working for a few players....
Jesus Gero aswell! its the dreamteam, all we need is King Cold for the trifecta
Not everything is some long standing feud or grudge. Talk shite about my club or players of said club and they'll be defended vigorously. This thread is no different.

Slight embellishment possibly but seriously 2016 was the first year where Dusty emerged from Cotchin and Deledio's shadow. Rewarded with AA and B&F.
Danger has 4 AA's to his name, 2 B&F's and a Brownlow. Been playing at a very high level since 2012.

Our dynamic duo are both better players and that doesn't make him a dud, Dusty's a champ but he's not on their level.
Dusty has been playing at a high level since he was drafted. He has gone to another level this year. Too bad he has done a groin which will slow him down. Was on world record pace before that. Hopefully he can get over it. If he does, would not be surprised to see him win a Brownlow and again get AA honours. He did well in the Brownlow in a poor team last year. Poor teams players don't receive votes in modern times as umpires award the winning teams players with the majority of votes.

Right now, this year he is comparable to Dangerfield. You seem to be talking about past history. We are talking about the present and at the present he is just as good which I thought was the title of the thread.

Right now, this year he is comparable to Dangerfield. You seem to be talking about past history. We are talking about the present and at the present he is just as good which I thought was the title of the thread.
Wouldn't even give him the present.

Danger is still the better player, slightly but Martin is a year younger and is a little more team oriented than Dangerfield, really not much in it recently, although Danger does have the runs on the board.

I would take either and to have both would get you a long way towards a flag.

He will be the biggest challenge for the AFC this weekend.

Genuine Q: Is he at 85-100%?
He was at ~50% last week. But he's on the mend. There were moments you knew he would normally go for the audacious kick but couldn't.
I love watching PD, he is a one in a decade player. Individual brilliance.
But dusty's strength is his playmaking ability. He brings others into the game more with superior kicking. He is coming into his prime, is stronger than ever and he is getting better accolades as the team improves around him.

He was at ~50% last week. But he's on the mend. There were moments you knew he would normally go for the audacious kick but couldn't.
I love watching PD, he is a one in a decade player. Individual brilliance.
But dusty's strength is his playmaking ability. He brings others into the game more with superior kicking. He is coming into his prime, is stronger than ever and he is getting better accolades as the team improves around him.
Thank you

On the comparison its interesting what you have highlighted. Having watched PD for a few years I admire the way he throws himself at the contest to win the ball : A Grade: I admire his dedication to put himself on the park each week. But he loses a bit because like a Raging Bull he doesn't look left or right, just straight ahead nose steaming legs pumping. When sometimes the best option is to use team-mates

Dustin , as you point out, brings others into the game, to create different pressure points for the opposition to have to shut down. That's selflessness and a hard trait to develop in a cut-throat sport

(Log in to remove this ad.)

27320713074_9c48fdc4cc_c.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back