Dustin Martin push

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, lets frame the narrative of the crap umpiring of yesterdays game by focusing on that one decision ignoring that dixion did the same thing just before that. Also port had 8 free kicks to 1 in the first quarter and that 1 richmond free kick was in the last 2min of the quarter. Port then finished 22 free kicks to Richmond’s 11 in the end...

Yes, lets frame the narrative of the crap umpiring of yesterdays game by focusing on that one decision ignoring that dixion did the same thing just before that. Also port had 8 free kicks to 1 in the first quarter and that 1 richmond free kick was in the last 2min of the quarter. Port then finished 22 free kicks to Richmond’s 11 in the end...
*This shouldnt be allowed*

10 year old -"OMG THE UMPIRING WEAS CRAP MY TEAM DIDNT GET AS MANY FREE KICKS"

Unfortunately, in a sport where people are running to the ball in all 360 degrees your going to get some average collisions.

This is about the umpiring. It's about pushing a player causing a potentially dangerous collision. Do you have footage of the Dixon incident?

*This shouldnt be allowed*

10 year old -"OMG THE UMPIRING WEAS CRAP MY TEAM DIDNT GET AS MANY FREE KICKS"

Unfortunately, in a sport where people are running to the ball in all 360 degrees your going to get some average collisions.

You dont think richmond not getting a free kick for almost a whole quarter is not at least a little strange?

This is about the umpiring. It's about pushing a player causing a potentially dangerous collision. Do you have footage of the Dixon incident?
No i dont have footage.
I dont think dusty pushed him that hard to make it that dangerous, port player put a little mayo on it. For whats it worth when the whistle blew I think dusty thought he had given away the free.

No i dont have footage.
I dont think dusty pushed him that hard to make it that dangerous, port player put a little mayo on it. For whats it worth when the whistle blew I think dusty thought he had given away the free.
Clurey tries puts his hands up and tries to duck under Riewoldt, what else can he do? Disgraceful act by Martin.

Your coach said himself it was down to poor discipline.

Martin should be done for his push.

Clurey tries puts his hands up and tries to duck under Riewoldt, what else can he do? Disgraceful act by Martin.

its not as bad as your making it out to be imo. Yes port should have got the free but its disappointing that people suggest that port were hard done by the umpires by focusing on this incident when port actually had more decisions go their way...

I'll be more concerned if the incident isn't looked at rather than whether a free was paid or not. It's a dirty act and he should be reprimanded for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually glad the slow motion replay was included - easy to see that the correct call was made. Clurey went down due to him losing his feet when he steps on Martin’s left foot with his left foot, at the same time Martin is pushing him in the arms. Watch Martin’s left hand graze Clurey’s back as it extends past to push his left arm - no forceful push to the back. The free should remain for Riewoldt as he’s clearly slapped in the face during the marking contest. I was happy to concede it should have been a Clurey free both at the game and when reading the media uproar, but seeing this footage actually changed my mind.

It should have been 9-0 in my opinion. The Grimes for 'holding the ball' in the 1st quarter was the worst non-decision I've ever seen in world sport.

Actually glad the slow motion replay was included - easy to see that the correct call was made. Clurey went down due to him losing his feet when he steps on Martin’s left foot with his left foot, at the same time Martin is pushing him in the arms. Watch Martin’s left hand graze Clurey’s back as it extends past to push his left arm - no forceful push to the back. The free should remain for Riewoldt as he’s clearly slapped in the face during the marking contest. I was happy to concede it should have been a Clurey free both at the game and when reading the media uproar, but seeing this footage actually changed my mind.

Thanks Ray.

There are rules for some and then there are rules for the rest. Martin, Fyfe, Dangerfield to name a few are kissed on the D every game.
Frees for / Frees against

Martin..........215..........342
Fyfe.............230..........293
Danger.........446.........299
Shuey...........352.........254
Billings............97...........38

Dangerfield yes, Martin / Fyfe no.

This kind of thing needs to be stamped out. It's lucky Clurey wasn't injured or Riewoldt hurt from a potential tunneling.

Take a good, close look at it. The Port player flopped, Dusty hardly touched him and at no stage did he touch PP's back. Jason Dunstall needs new glasses as well.

In other news, we have always been at war with Eurasia.

No i dont have footage.

Of course you don’t have vision because to have vision it needed to happen.

Also revisit the first quarter frees and you will see they were all warranted. Port was all over top of Richmond hence the free kick count.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back