Rumour Dustin Martin Re-Signed for 3 Years

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either way, I'm confident Dusty will re sign soon.
Yep,Can,t see him going to GWS atm considering where both sides are atm.3 yrs time maybe a different story but by then we may need a refresh.Not saying he won,t be a tiger for life.

cant see it being true atleast the money side considering he was asking for $650,000 a season and we were only offering around 500-550,000 why would we be paying him more than $650,000 which is what he was asking

I don't believe it. My mail is RFC only seeking 2 years and prepared to offer $50-70k more per year than current which puts him in the low $500's per year. He is on the straight and narrow now but more than 2 years is still seen as a risk plus why jump salary up by $200k plus. Lets hope the news is soon and he has re signed.

Just in relation to player contracts, not sure if it has been said, but one thing JR said in his interview with David King - 'we know that we have to compromise on $$ to win premierships and be a successful club, not only to retain our players but so that we can also have room to attract other players'.

Not a direct quote, but it was what he was insinuating. If our group of stars are all bought into this, then we will finally have a sustained period of success.

Jon Ralph this morning on SEN with KB was pretty emphatic and said Dustin Martin will be at Richmond next year.

Jon Ralph this morning on SEN with KB was pretty emphatic and said Dustin Martin will be at Richmond next year.

What was said?

What was said?

Only caught the tail end but was talking about how he's improved as the year has gone on, he thinks Richmond will give a fair offer of slightly more money as he is worth it, and then said that he will be at Richmond next year.

Wasn't much, but at least the consensus seems to be he is staying.

RainseyBaby come out days before lids re-signed and said he was offered a 5 year deal and signed. Is usually spot on.

Also said Ben Cousins was a done deal to coach Richmond. Done deal that Paul Roos would coach again.

Dusty is 99% going to sign anyway so it's a pretty safe statement to make and any similarities to what is said would be a coincidence.

I reckon I've seen about 20 rainsybaby threads and 19 of them were wrong.

Dusty is obviously about to sign and it will obviously be in the 500-600 range for 3 years (club would prefer 2 I assume). No inside knowledge required.

Also said Ben Cousins was a done deal to coach Richmond. Done deal that Paul Roos would coach again.

Dusty is 99% going to sign anyway so it's a pretty safe statement to make and any similarities to what is said would be a coincidence.

I reckon I've seen about 20 rainsybaby threads and 19 of them were wrong.

Dusty is obviously about to sign and it will obviously be in the 500-600 range for 3 years (club would prefer 2 I assume). No inside knowledge required.

70% of the time he is 100% correct

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMO he has less clue than any journalist. :p

But I do think Dusty will sign on.

You're probably spot on, he seems more a fan then a journalist haha

In saying that, if Dusty does leave he will really look like a douche now

cant see it being true atleast the money side considering he was asking for $650,000 a season and we were only offering around 500-550,000 why would we be paying him more than $650,000 which is what he was asking

Link to article please where he is asking for 650k a season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back