What the heck? Dustin Martin to go to Crows

Martin to crows 2018

• Yes

• No

• Maybe..

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Serial Killers and Shiraz...
That's about all you blokes in SA are good for.

Swans will now get 4 top and wipe the floor with you in the finals.

Serial Killers and Shiraz...
That's about all you blokes in SA are good for.
horror-hannibal-hannibal-lector.gif

With all this hysteria around Martin staying or going, if Richmond want to be serious contenders and potential premiers they should let him go.

Geelong lost the best player in the comp in Ablett and went on to win the premiership the next year.

Hawthorn lost a top 3 player in the comp in Franklin and went on to win the next 2 premierships.

Adelaide lost Dangerfield now the best player in the comp and look how that has turned out. They could well be premiers this year.

There is definitely a correlation between losing a top player and becoming a better TEAM.

Richmond may well find it a blessing if he decides to leave.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's really no comparison between Richmond this year & those Geelong/Hawthorn teams... They were both incredible sides at the time, Richmond hasn't proved that yet.
Martin would be a huge loss for them & difficult to cover.

I somewhat agree. He may be demanding top top top dollar and it could free up cap space. I am unaware if he is a RFA? If so and dusty goes for top dollar they will get full compo. Trade for Kelly and maybe another gun.

Dusty is an awesome player though. Glad the decision is not mine.

So glad we got rid of our superstar Jarrad Grant at the end of 2015.
To be fair to the OP we lost Cooney, Higgins and Griffen in 2014 and shot into finals then a flag.

I agree they shouldn't get roped into Dusty's game. He may be great but he's still just one of 22 and could do his knee round one. The return they will get for him will be significant. They need to draw a line they're happy with and not step one dollar over it.

With all this hysteria around Martin staying or going, if Richmond want to be serious contenders and potential premiers they should let him go.

Geelong lost the best player in the comp in Ablett and went on to win the premiership the next year.

Hawthorn lost a top 3 player in the comp in Franklin and went on to win the next 2 premierships.

Adelaide lost Dangerfield now the best player in the comp and look how that has turned out. They could well be premiers this year.

There is definitely a correlation between losing a top player and becoming a better TEAM.

Richmond may well find it a blessing if he decides to leave.

They lost Ty Vickery and look where they are already.

I am not for 1 minute suggesting every premiership team has traded away its best player to enable it to win a flag.

I am putting out there 3 examples of teams who have lost there best player who have gone on to be better for it.

Back