Play Nice Dustin Martin to North | 31/8: DM signed at RFC for 1.3m/7yrs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love THE Dusty One to walk into the end of season Presser and say;
"The decision to join North was a simple one, they don't have the hype or expectations of a "big" Victorian club but they play in and win finals. That sounds like home to me"

** Keeping the lid firmly on though **
Since Dustin is not a big talker, I think it could go a little like this....short and sweet :

"umm...North win finals.

we done? ok bye."

I would love THE Dusty One to walk into the end of season Presser and say;
"The decision to join North was a simple one, they don't have the hype or expectations of a "big" Victorian club but they play in and win finals. That sounds like home to me"

** Keeping the lid firmly on though **
It's okay to knock the top off it...

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

And to think the 'double ended dildoe' (sic) thread is on p. 3 or 4 or something.

My underslept squinting 2am post ride eyes read it thus Kimbo. I must've morphed into Zondor post 1am.

Makes sense that after a halfway decent win that firmly entrenches them in the 8, the absolute peanuts are all over here gloating about a player that has already verbally agreed to come to North.

Dead set. Go and jerk each other off about Kamdyn McIntosh on your own board.

[clears throat]

Has anyone seen the Herald Sun article regarding Dusty that has sent Hawfawn fans into a frenzy? The delusional muppets reckon they'll get him.

Uhh... sorry but what do you have to offer Richmond? You have no picks haha.

Has anyone seen the Herald Sun article regarding Dusty that has sent Hawfawn fans into a frenzy? The delusional muppets reckon they'll get him.

Money.

They do have money and free agency is their only option this season. It's not impossible but severely unlikely.

Source: Gary Buckenara:rolleyes:

Buckenara bases his premise on the fact that there is no evidence that Hawthorn has spoken to anyone.

Has it really come to this?

Gary Buckenara says Hawthorn could be the ‘quiet sleeper’ in the race for Dustin Martin

KATE SALEMME, Herald Sun
June 21, 2017 7:00pm

Subscriber only <-- LOL

HAWTHORN could be the “quiet sleeper” in the race for Dustin Martin according to the man who helped build the club’s three-peat premiership list.

The Hawks have not yet been linked to Martin or GWS gun Josh Kelly and Brownlow medallist Nat Fyfe as clubs including North Melbourne and St Kilda circle.

Veteran recruiter Gary Buckenara knows that’s the way Hawthorn operates and believes his former club is quietly planning a major pitch to lure Martin away from Richmond.

Hawthorn could be armed with a war chest of up to $2 million after the departure of Sam Mitchell and Jordan Lewis last year and the likely retirements of premiership heroes Luke Hodge, Josh Gibson and potentially Shaun Burgoyne at the end of the season.

“Hawthorn is yet to be linked to any of the big three — Dustin Martin, Josh Kelly and Nat Fyfe — and to me that’s a warning sign,” Buckenara said.

“I’ve got a feeling they’ll be in the marketplace and they’re the quiet sleeper in the race for Martin. They’ll go really hard for him.

“With Sam Mitchell and Jordan Lewis gone, the Richmond star is like a combination of both those guys because he’s tough and hard inside but also wins the ball outside.

“Martin will be the No. 1 target, followed by Josh Kelly. Both are extremely good players who would fit in perfectly.”

Writing in an exclusive column for the Herald Sun as part of a series analysing all 18 club lists, their needs and potential off-season trade and free agency targets, Buckenara says Hawthorn’s dramatic fall comes as it’s lacking midfield depth and has been hurt by the loss of Bradley Hill.

The seventeenth-placed Hawks will again be without boom recruit Jaeger O’Meara for Thursday’s clash against the top of the ladder Crows at Adelaide Oval.

The former Sun has been sidelined again with more troubles with his knee.

55cc5fb7c7d9a5f9fe91507a65034175

Buckenara turned up the heat on O’Meara and fellow recruit Ty Vickery, declaring “they must stand up”.

“There are alarm bells sounding around O’Meara,” he said. “His body must stand up — the recruiting team would be feeling a bit nervous right now given he has barely played and when he did, he was in and out before being sidelined indefinitely with knee problems.

“It’s a massive worry.

“The Hawks recruited Vickery in a bid to fill the David Hale role, and from a structure point of view I can see why they did it, but it hasn’t worked out and it doesn’t look like it will unless there is a major turnaround.”

Source: Gary Buckenara:rolleyes:

Buckenara bases his premise on the fact that there is no evidence that Hawthorn has spoken to anyone.

Has it really come to this?

Good point, he was their recruiter and got 3 premierships out of them so he obviously know the way they approach situations. He thinks they're staying out of the limelight and will snatch him as this is what they typically do.

I don't know about you but i'm quietly confident Dusty will be in the royal blue and white next season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond will certainly match their offer, they won't let Dusty walk for a compo pick.

I wouldn't be so certain on that. There's a lot more money being thrown around then there was with Dangerfield for example. Of course it's likely but not guaranteed. I imagine we're only in this in the anticipation he comes for free.

Based on no evidence being a good sign, I look forward to North snatching up Lever, May, Dangerfield, Franklin, Pendlebury, Sloane, Greene and Petracca for next season. Me and Bucky, we read between the lines, where nothing means everything.

Good point, he was their recruiter and got 3 premierships out of them so he obviously know the way they approach situations. He thinks they're staying out of the limelight and will snatch him as this is what they typically do.

I don't know about you but i'm quietly confident Dusty will be in the royal blue and white next season.

I'm still sitting on the fence with Martin and Hawthorn are years away from being a contender.

They haven't even bottomed out yet.

Their premiership clock is at 5 o'clock.

If, for an extreme example, we offered Martin $2m x 5, surely Richmond can't just match it so we need to trade. They would have to show evidence that they could accommodate that in their cap.

I doubt they could match 1st x $2m & 4 x$ 800K

Gary Buckenara says Hawthorn could be the ‘quiet sleeper’ in the race for Dustin Martin

KATE SALEMME, Herald Sun
June 21, 2017 7:00pm

Subscriber only <-- LOL

HAWTHORN could be the “quiet sleeper” in the race for Dustin Martin according to the man who helped build the club’s three-peat premiership list.

The Hawks have not yet been linked to Martin or GWS gun Josh Kelly and Brownlow medallist Nat Fyfe as clubs including North Melbourne and St Kilda circle.

Veteran recruiter Gary Buckenara knows that’s the way Hawthorn operates and believes his former club is quietly planning a major pitch to lure Martin away from Richmond.

Hawthorn could be armed with a war chest of up to $2 million after the departure of Sam Mitchell and Jordan Lewis last year and the likely retirements of premiership heroes Luke Hodge, Josh Gibson and potentially Shaun Burgoyne at the end of the season.

“Hawthorn is yet to be linked to any of the big three — Dustin Martin, Josh Kelly and Nat Fyfe — and to me that’s a warning sign,” Buckenara said.

“I’ve got a feeling they’ll be in the marketplace and they’re the quiet sleeper in the race for Martin. They’ll go really hard for him.

“With Sam Mitchell and Jordan Lewis gone, the Richmond star is like a combination of both those guys because he’s tough and hard inside but also wins the ball outside.

“Martin will be the No. 1 target, followed by Josh Kelly. Both are extremely good players who would fit in perfectly.”

Writing in an exclusive column for the Herald Sun as part of a series analysing all 18 club lists, their needs and potential off-season trade and free agency targets, Buckenara says Hawthorn’s dramatic fall comes as it’s lacking midfield depth and has been hurt by the loss of Bradley Hill.

The seventeenth-placed Hawks will again be without boom recruit Jaeger O’Meara for Thursday’s clash against the top of the ladder Crows at Adelaide Oval.

The former Sun has been sidelined again with more troubles with his knee.

55cc5fb7c7d9a5f9fe91507a65034175

Buckenara turned up the heat on O’Meara and fellow recruit Ty Vickery, declaring “they must stand up”.

“There are alarm bells sounding around O’Meara,” he said. “His body must stand up — the recruiting team would be feeling a bit nervous right now given he has barely played and when he did, he was in and out before being sidelined indefinitely with knee problems.

“It’s a massive worry.

“The Hawks recruited Vickery in a bid to fill the David Hale role, and from a structure point of view I can see why they did it, but it hasn’t worked out and it doesn’t look like it will unless there is a major turnaround.”

Did enjoy his 3rd person use of Hawthorn. It almost suggested objectivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back