Recommitted Dustin Martin [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Start getting used to it. Martin is leaving and it doesn't matter how much you kick and scream about it. You'll be getting the compo pick and that's all there is to it. Pray for the spoon.
Resorting to personally attacking teams is a laugh. Martin won't be leaving Richmond he doesn't want the attention of my moving clubs as he can barely handle the media. He will sign, and if he didn't richmond would match and the team would hand over 2 first round picks. Won't be going to hawthorn

You think Richmond are going to be in a position to "name their price" if they have an uncontracted free agent who has asked to leave.

It's nonsense.
Considering money isn't a issue for Richmond and he is a restricted free agent, yes we can indeed name our price

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
Considering money isn't a issue for Richmond and he is a restricted free agent, yes we can indeed name our price
No. You can't.

He's uncontracted and a free agent.

If he wants to leave, you'll end up accepting unders. Just as Adelaide did when Dangerfield left.

Your fantasy about Richmond being in a position to call the shots is the standard coping mechanism we see every year when a star player is rumoured to be on the move.

Yes.

Do you have any handle on the past 20 years of player movement?
As a matter of fact I do, and as I recall majority of restricted free agent stars have signed with there Current clubs as Martin will. However the recent example of danger shows clubs will force a trade if required. Martin is going to re sign so this talk is pretty pointless.

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
As a matter of fact I do, and as I recall majority of restricted free agent stars have signed with there Current clubs as Martin will.
Of course there is a possibility he will resign.

The question is what Richmond will get in return if he asks to leave.

However the recent example of danger shows clubs will force a trade if required.
Yeah. Adelaide forced a trade. And still ended up with unders.

How does that example strengthen your case that Richmond will "name their price"? Is that what Adelaide did?

Adelaide forced a trade and got a better deal than they would have got from FA compensation. But it was still clearly unders. They certainly didn't "name their price" as you claim Richmond will.

So yes, by all means let's consider the Dangerfield example. But you should note that it refutes your argument, rather than supports it.

The Dangerfield example is is a case of a club making the best of a bad situation by forcing a trade, but still accepting unders in the end. It sure isn't a case of a club losing a star player and "naming their price".

Of course there is a possibility he will resign.

The question is what Richmond will get in return if he asks to leave.

Yeah. Adelaide forced a trade. And still ended up with unders.

How does that example strengthen your case that Richmond will "name their price"? Is that what Adelaide did?
It's going to depend on where he goes. He will struggle to get to hawthorn as they don't have a single first rounder. However let's say he requested a trade to st kilda, I'd say they would be fairly reasonable in handlng over there pick 10-14 and the hawthorn first round pick they hold.

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
It's going to depend on where he goes. He will struggle to get to hawthorn as they don't have a single first rounder. However let's say he requested a trade to st kilda, I'd say they would be fairly reasonable in handlng over there pick 10-14 and the hawthorn first round pick they hold.
Based on what?

If you take the Dangerfield example, a mid first-rounder and a mid second-rounder will get it done.

You're still assuming you won't be obliged to accept unders when history suggests you will.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 26, 2007
Queensland
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Hull City
Just let these Hawk and Eagle trolls do their thing, anyone with half a brain knows that Dusty's re-signing with Richmond, and on the outside chance things change and he doesn't, people who understand how RFA Vs. UFA works, knows that we're in the box seat when it comes to compensation and getting what we want.

I've tried respectfully debunking their points, but they're just trolls, and stupid trolls at that, and the golden rule when dealing with stupid people is that you don't keep arguing with them, because they're just going to drag people down to their level and beat you with their, in this case, VAST experience. :drunk:

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
That was heavily based on the picks Geelong actually held. If a team has more naturally you could get more.
Not necessarily.

The reality is that Geelong could have thrown their 2016 first-rounder into the mix for Dangerfield as well. They were "holding" that pick. Instead, they chose to trade that out for Henderson and Adelaide ended up getting stuck with a first-rounder and a second-rounder for Dangerfield. They didn't get to "name their price", did they? Why didn't they just demand two first-rounders for Dangerfield and compel Geelong to do it?

Again, you're still assuming you won't be obliged to accept unders when history suggests you will.

Resorting to personally attacking teams is a laugh. Martin won't be leaving Richmond he doesn't want the attention of my moving clubs as he can barely handle the media. He will sign, and if he didn't richmond would match and the team would hand over 2 first round picks. Won't be going to hawthorn
Umm where was my personal attack on a team? RaeperX brought Hawthorn into things in his post and took a dig. Completely unrelated to the topic at hand. I told him to pray for the spoon because that's how you guys will be getting your best compo.

There is good reason why no club has matched a big offer to a RFA. You guys are being quite arrogant thinking you're the exception to the rule.

Umm where was my personal attack on a team? RaeperX brought Hawthorn into things in his post and took a dig. Completely unrelated to the topic at hand. I told him to pray for the spoon because that's how you guys will be getting your best compo.

There is good reason why no club has matched a big offer to a RFA. You guys are being quite arrogant thinking you're the exception to the rule.
He is signing anyway but okay

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
Just let these Hawk and Eagle trolls do their thing, anyone with half a brain knows that Dusty's re-signing with Richmond
Presumably you categorise yourself as someone with half a brain.

It's not a ringing endorsement.

and on the outside chance things change and he doesn't, people who understand how RFA Vs. UFA works, knows that we're in the box seat when it comes to compensation and getting what we want.
Well, you've already said you'd consider a single top 5 pick to be sufficient compensation. And that's totally achievable provided Richmond finished down the ladder. It may be a James Frawley scenario and you get your early pick as FA compensation.

But for those other Richmond fans who are talking about getting more than that and simply "naming their price", history suggests they'll be disappointed.

I've tried respectfully debunking their points
And you failed.

the golden rule when dealing with stupid people is that you don't keep arguing with them, because they're just going to drag people down to their level and beat you with their, in this case, VAST experience. :drunk:
Do you have any other internet cliches you'd like to pass off as real arguments?

Maybe post something about Chuck Norris and just pretend it's relevant.

He is signing anyway but okay
I wonder why you'd waste your time in here then.

D0B51F08-2FB4-4DE4-A8F2-35178E1A36A8-4746-000003CB736B3621_tmp.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back